*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main problem with Privilege in its current state is that the main room is just too effin' big! It needs to be halved into 2-rooms (at least), and that would take a lot of investment.

As successful as Vista Club has been for a few parties the last 3-years, you cannot run a successful 10,000 capacity venue off the back of 2 great Vista parties a week + Supermartxe

Do they still do nights there where they half the room? I am going back to the days of Monza (showing my age) when they used to only have half or 2/3s of the club open. i.e. there was a projection screen behind the booth. However, agree still needs investment etc. The only way you'd be able to invest 10M€ in a club like that is to go Ushuaia style events, and they have that market all locked up.....

The only time I seen Privilege like that was a Zoo Project Afterparty, I think it was called SNP Saturday Night project? Anyway, in the main room they had a huge curtain cutting off the back of the room, you could still see the main stage and up to the pool... cocoloco was open too, wasn't very busy, was a bit of a sh!t night really lol but it was free!

I've always loved the garden area at Privilege

the old cafe del jazz in santa eulalia (lately known as infusion studio) reopens this friday as besment!

14956390_1728460007480130_8029651809694429405_n.jpg

(since a year and a half ago, lovers of jazz music have their meeting point in santa eulalia at chet's jazz cafe, near the town hall)

Do they still do nights there where they half the room? I am going back to the days of Monza (showing my age) when they used to only have half or 2/3s of the club open. i.e. there was a projection screen behind the booth. However, agree still needs investment etc. The only way you'd be able to invest 10M€ in a club like that is to go Ushuaia style events, and they have that market all locked up.....

Been to privilege many times over the years although not since '09 and only saw the club fully opened once the one time I went to manumission. Every other time had some sort of curtain partition thing going on.

A certain ex-forum member's blog speculating Carola will jump-ship to Ushuaia group - old, recycled speculation, I know. But he suggests the Music On brand will be discarded in favour of something new. Hints it could be 'Play It Loud'.

FYI Carola is heading a Play It Loud-branded stage at this year's We Are FSTVL in the UK. Usually he plays there as a special guest for Paradise.

Odd for them to go with Play It Loud unless there is a degree of truth in the rumours. Their in-house stages follow the "FSTVL" style format.

... Personally, I find the name blandly generic. Is that the best they could come up with?!

"Play It Loud" is after his 2011 album of the same name, so I guess that is the link.

We have been talking about this for years - will he, won't he leave etc. I suppose on the one hand he does have an ego big enough to think he can take over the space that was Space and make it work. But it would take some balls to leave a night that is as successful as MusicOn. But money talks...

If you were Ushuaia, and you are about to take over a legendary location, you'd want a name that has musical credibility, and pulling power, and Carola fits that bill nicely. You can easily see him doing some 12 hour all day (Ushuaia and 'over the road') sets to pull people in.

If you think about when they first took over the hotel that is now Ushuaia, they were cleverer enough to link up with Luciano (who at the time was top of his commercial pull) and he gave them the box office appeal and credibility they needed to make it a success.

If I were Ushuaia I'd want a Marco on my payroll at this time...

it would take some balls to leave a night that is as successful as MusicOn. But money talks...

Now that the prospect of early mornings on the terrace with the sunlight coming through look to be a thing of the past, i reckon the temptation will be greater than ever.

The all-day day vs night thing I reckon could work well once or twice a year. Not convinced about week-in, week-out, even with his appeal.

The trouble I foresee is that Ushuaia will surely look to fill the entire venue. Carola is but one-man. However much pull he has.

The only other act they felt the need to build-up over the past five years has jumped ship. Who else of their regulars is a draw? Apollonia could do the job on the current Space terraza for sure - but you'd have to think they'd only do a handful of dates. Neverdogs, Paco, LEON, Oxia? Nah.

Now that the prospect of early mornings on the terrace with the sunlight coming through look to be a thing of the past, i reckon the temptation will be greater than ever.

The all-day day vs night thing I reckon could work well once or twice a year. Not convinced about week-in, week-out, even with his appeal.

The trouble I foresee is that Ushuaia will surely look to fill the entire venue. Carola is but one-man. However much pull he has.

The only other act they felt the need to build-up over the past five years has jumped ship. Who else of their regulars is a draw? Apollonia could do the job on the current Space terraza for sure - but you'd have to think they'd only do a handful of dates. Neverdogs, Paco, LEON, Oxia? Nah.

Still don't get the Carola pull to be honest and as you mention the residents of Music on aren't really crowd pullers. Wether hes at Amnesia or elsewhere i still wont be going

I think the italians love it when one of their own makes it big ha..yes i have tried music.on twice and wasnt feeling it...

Which is fair enough showing their own some support and all that. I'll leave them too it:p

Whats the situation with ibiza rocks and their license. Didn't they not have the correct one hence elrow afters getting canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back