*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got to laugh how some people keep slipping out headlines of 'heard some huge news, but can't say anything' etc As my gran used to say, if you have nothing important to say, don't bother saying anything. Doesn't impress me.

Cool with the don't shoot the messenger type rumours, but people who just try to impress by saying they know something but aren't allowed to say do my head in Total bollocks. Don't say anything until you can give some info.

Hmm, I'd disagree because I think that's what kind of makes the gossip thread; for example @stivi often states in here he knows of something but can't yet announce it but at least this gets your brain thinking.

Bloody hell, never saw this one coming. Has to be said would be pretty amazing to see the Main Room packed full to his sound. Do Amnesia have some rights to the "MusicOn" brand?
afaik they do so it might have another name if it comes to pass.
Please god not "Play It Loud". Ugh.

Been thinking about this. Surely if there was any possibility of it being called something other than Music On, then Carola would've opted for a different name for his new Amsterdam festival.

Cool with the don't shoot the messenger type rumours, but people who just try to impress by saying they know something but aren't allowed to say do my head in Total bollocks. Don't say anything until you can give some info.

if that's aimed at me (and I guess it might be), then...

@stivi often states in here he knows of something but can't yet announce it but at least this gets your brain thinking.

this is the perfect explanation (thanks josh).

as you all know, we always fully respect that it's the clubs or promoters that should announce stuff first. but of course there are times when we're really itching to put a little something out to give you pointers / get you thinking. sometimes I can confirm or deny a little something which might help too or will comment if rumours are circulating on social media etc. but I actually really try not to fill the gossip thread with bullshit.

I wonder if Destino (with the exception of Sunday) will still be limited to 10 BIG Main Stage parties this year? Or could it be less?

I wonder if Destino (with the exception of Sunday) will still be limited to 10 BIG Main Stage parties this year? Or could it be less?

without actually knowing any details yet, my guess would be that it stays the same as last year.

without actually knowing any details yet, my guess would be that it stays the same as last year.

Cool. From memory that 10 (with exception of closing) were mainly in July/August. Suppose you'd expect this, but not great if you prefer June/September.

Cool. From memory that 10 (with exception of closing) were mainly in July/August. Suppose you'd expect this, but not great if you prefer June/September.

I think it were actually 10 in total last year. opening, closing, 4x solomun+live, 4x luciano+friends. and those 8 thursdays were july and august yeah. I wouldn't expect this format to change lots if they get the permits do to 10. as for artists we'll see!

I think it were actually 10 in total last year. opening, closing, 4x solomun+live, 4x luciano+friends. and those 8 thursdays were july and august yeah. I wouldn't expect this format to change lots if they get the permits do to 10. as for artists we'll see!

Did you go to to the Mosaic-Maceo Destino night? Would totally love more of his sound outside

How has sankeys been over winter?

Any idea how early they will open this year? And if there will be a lot of changes to nights?

Did you go to to the Mosaic-Maceo Destino night? Would totally love more of his sound outside

I missed this one. I can see the appeal of this though. let's see what happens...I think there's chances of a changeup in artists at destino anyway.

How has sankeys been over winter?

Any idea how early they will open this year? And if there will be a lot of changes to nights?

sankeys ibiza has only been open once or twice so far this winter (with unusual suspects), no more than that. little has emerged so far from sankeys, I think they're rather busy with their various venues in the UK right now.

DC10's future looks brighter after its owner Sito bought the lands sourrounding the club so they don't end up in the hands of "unwanted" new neighbors who might not like loud music. The lands, known as Sa Torre Blanca De Baix, include a house (Sa Torre Blanca) and the old camel house (now the brothel Inflagranti).

warsqf.jpg

(yes, that poster of the pope smoking a joint!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back