*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
*EDIT* SORRY @stivi I see you posted in Cocoon confirmed thread

Cocoon has posted the dates for Sven at Cocoon.

The 18th season already has colossal written all over it. An amazing array of artists. Yet there is someone who more than ever provides the focus for all of this.

14 Monday nights featuring one of the true giants in the world of dance music, Sven Väth.

The dates are listed below.

Mondays: 29th May - 5th June - 19th June – 26th June – 3rd July – 10th July – 24th July – 31st July – 7th August – 14th August – 21st August – 11th September – 18th September - 2nd October

I'm there on 4th September when he isn't playing... maybe Richie instead...

You can almost with certainty say you'll get a combination of Richie, Adam, and Ricardo. My guess would be at least 2 of them to 'carry' if you will, some of the nights Sven is not there.

You can almost with certainty say you'll get a combination of Richie, Adam, and Ricardo. My guess would be at least 2 of them to 'carry' if you will, some of the nights Sven is not there.

Im thinking this as they used to have the m_nus takeovers at Cocoon when Sven wasn't playing - about 10 years ago. Hoping for something along the lines of your description.

Hopefully Luciano (Yeah I know, I'm a broken record) for the July 17th date! More than suitable replacement last year!
Hopeing Sven does terrace for July 10th, never seen him there and only in main room

basement
lab
spektrum
boutique

those are the actual dancefloors.
then there's the rooftop terrace and the cinema room.

Where is Spekrum, fairly sure that has never been open when I have been, and I've been a fair few times now!

Boutique - is that the funny little room upstairs you walk past when going to the roof terrace?

Sankeys is a funny club, never sure I like it, I must of gone 3 or 4 times before I even found the Lab! Then again, it might just not of been open on those days

Where is Spekrum, fairly sure that has never been open when I have been, and I've been a fair few times now!

Boutique - is that the funny little room upstairs you walk past when going to the roof terrace?

Sankeys is a funny club, never sure I like it, I must of gone 3 or 4 times before I even found the Lab! Then again, it might just not of been open on those days
I haven't heard many good thins about Sankeys! Only reason ill be going is because of Unusual Suspects, from what I've heard its not the best and can be confusing

I haven't heard many good thins about Sankeys! Only reason ill be going is because of Unusual Suspects, from what I've heard its not the best and can be confusing

I've only been once for Viva Warriors back in August 2014 and I have to say I wasn't that impressed. Granted it was my first night and I had been up for about 30 hours at this point, but I didn't like the crowd (vests, manbags, and chavs galore), the atmosphere felt very aggressive and the music wasn't great. I didn't rate the soundsystem in the main room either.

For me its a like the chav equivilant of DC10. Unless they had some incredible events lined up, I wouldn't bother going back!

Hopefully Luciano (Yeah I know, I'm a broken record) for the July 17th date! More than suitable replacement last year!
Hopeing Sven does terrace for July 10th, never seen him there and only in main room

I was a bit dissapointed that sven not playing on July 17th but I seen him last September playing on the terrace it was class. On the positive side there is more chance that ricardo will be playing that date....fingers crossed!

Sankeys. It'd be a decent venue in the UK, not quite as good as fabric, but that sort of level. But it just doesn't feel Ibizan at all, if that makes sense. So, I'm only going cos it's clockwork, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

On that note - did anyone go to Clockwork there last year and was it decent?

I've only been once for Viva Warriors back in August 2014 and I have to say I wasn't that impressed. Granted it was my first night and I had been up for about 30 hours at this point, but I didn't like the crowd (vests, manbags, and chavs galore), the atmosphere felt very aggressive and the music wasn't great. I didn't rate the soundsystem in the main room either.

For me its a like the chav equivilant of DC10. Unless they had some incredible events lined up, I wouldn't bother going back!
This is basically what everyone I ask says about it! The only reason I have booked tickets is the artists for Unusual Suspect are right up my street so I fancy giving it a try seeing as I've never been. I'm hoping this night wont attract as many of the, shall we call them K*** Heads as its abut more underground and the artists rant as well know as Steve Lawler for example.

the same but only to find my path until i make a pic off all the rooms

spektrum is on the left of the main room (Lab) but they don't often open it
Sankeys is fine, the only thing it lask is the public as many times, rooms were empty except big event such as Dance 88/89 & the cool thing of sankeys is that they let green grass djs on the lineup (always got many contacts in their parties) & it 's only about the music there , no feuckin hype !!! eg at Boutique it's the Techno local scene!!!
14469599_10208642740958588_2104693955729004357_n.jpg
14463216_10208643071966863_7767578007156112305_n.jpg
14448824_10208642739558553_4544304882183415692_n.jpg
Better promote this party than other overated one :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back