Ibiza blues

Ive actually lost my zezt for life- i dont care its xmas, i haven't bothered to get dressed or do anything. I wont speak to anyone. England has killed me inside, its been 18 months since I last saw thae beautiful island. Its not me, its my stupid assshole partner who wont leave the uk because of his stupid job - a real career as a bloody postman! I will never be happy here, ever, no amount of money would make me happy. I just want to be on the island - happy. I buy valium online as i cant deal with this. What else is there.... Im so so sad. X

Happiness comes from within, although it's helped by being somewhere you love (in the right company, even if that's your own !). Trouble is, happiness is also something which is measured in a relative sense. You get 'conditioned' to everything in time, and even if you're exactly where you want to be this can easily stop being the thing which makes you happy. Life has a way of throwing you curved balls to make sure you never stay happy for too long ! Dreams fulfilled can and do turn sour - then you reassess once again what it really is you need out of life and what you owe to it in return.

I was raised abroad and have lived abroad for extended periods before, one thing I know is that where you are matters but who you are with matters so much more. The best place in the world in the wrong company can be a total disaster, but you can be happy almost anywhere with a bit of success working towards some positive goals and feeling like you're doing something creative or constructive together with the right person or people. Whether that's working towards a shared goal or helping other people.

Happiness takes hard work - and it's something you enjoy and appreciate so much more for far longer after periods of struggle.

It took me many years to realize that in order to enjoy happiness you must also embrace and accept not being happy, and that the latter for most people makes up the bulk of our lives. For your other half, he's likely getting a lot out of having stability, purpose and security from his work - and doesn't want to risk losing that. I can understand that because living a life with regular re-starts can be incredibly destabilizing (life abroad is often much more volatile and if you have no secure job and without a huge stack of capital to fall back on it can easily fall apart). Ditching a secure job and pursuing other routes can also bring so much more (eventually and after much suffering and countless setbacks in my own case, and even then I know it won't be for ever !).

What I'm really saying is that none of us can be 'happy' all the time and passive enjoyment / contentment is a very fragile and short-lived thing that very rarely comes only from where you are. When the route ahead is blocked you need to look around you first and try to make changes in your life which start addressing your frustration and unhappiness in different ways. Even if you think there's an instant fix a 2hr plane ride away ! Numbing out life for sure will only set you back on your journey (been there often enough in the past to believe it now !). Everyone's life is different so we must in turn all find own paths through - and every moment of happiness always comes at a price we must in turn be willing to pay.

Many of us get 'down' at Christmas for many different reasons, especially if there are no kids around to breathe life and zest into our lives through their own excitement. I stopped drinking over the festive season a few years ago now because I found it easier to deal with and less volatile than boozing it out, but it's always stressful and never the best time to try to work out what to do with your life ! Be patient - we're mostly put here for many years and I'd only suggest you try hard to get back on your feet and embrace life, with all its present limitations, one little step at a time. In periods like this you just have to believe that you can and will feel differently about life in the future with enough effort and a bit of optimism. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. :)

You booked up then ? :)
Im just waiting for flight prices to drop. A slight pi$$er is that I have to be back in work on the Monday. Trying to get the latest possible flight back on the Sunday so that if they do an on the beach party like this year, I can go. Albeit I probably not be drinking as will have hire car?
So Im looking at Wed to Sun trip, maybe a bit longer. Flying solo too.

Im just waiting for flight prices to drop. A slight pi$$er is that I have to be back in work on the Monday. Trying to get the latest possible flight back on the Sunday so that if they do an on the beach party like this year, I can go. Albeit I probably not be drinking as will have hire car?
So Im looking at Wed to Sun trip, maybe a bit longer. Flying solo too.

Ah ... hire cars, bags and last-minute partying... Rent from one of the airport firms who hire out from the terminal with car return to the car park opposite. That is Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Atesa/Enterprise. When you're ready to kick off for your final day, drive the hire car to the airport and leave it in one of the bays in the secure multistorey rental return car park with your bags in the boot so no need to mess about with hotel exits. Skip over to Bossa bus stop or take a cab there & back - it's very cheap to PDB. No stress involved and your stuff is at the airport waiting for you in your own 'left luggage locker'. Drink to your heart's content and when you're ready go back, grab your stuff from the car boot, hand the key back in (just don't lose it !!) and skip across the road to the terminal to fly home. Lift home at the other end and all's sorted :cool:.

Ah ... hire cars, bags and last-minute partying... Rent from one of the airport firms who hire out from the terminal with car return to the car park opposite. That is Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Atesa/Enterprise. When you're ready to kick off for your final day, drive the hire car to the airport and leave it in one of the bays in the secure multistorey rental return car park with your bags in the boot so no need to mess about with hotel exits. Skip over to Bossa bus stop or take a cab there & back - it's very cheap to PDB. No stress involved and your stuff is at the airport waiting for you in your own 'left luggage locker'. Drink to your heart's content and when you're ready go back, grab your stuff from the car boot, hand the key back in (just don't lose it !!) and skip across the road to the terminal to fly home. Lift home at the other end and all's sorted :cool:.

Its so simple, why didn't I think of it?

Happiness comes from within, although it's helped by being somewhere you love (in the right company, even if that's your own !). Trouble is, happiness is also something which is measured in a relative sense. You get 'conditioned' to everything in time, and even if you're exactly where you want to be this can easily stop being the thing which makes you happy. Life has a way of throwing you curved balls to make sure you never stay happy for too long ! Dreams fulfilled can and do turn sour - then you reassess once again what it really is you need out of life and what you owe to it in return.

I was raised abroad and have lived abroad for extended periods before, one thing I know is that where you are matters but who you are with matters so much more. The best place in the world in the wrong company can be a total disaster, but you can be happy almost anywhere with a bit of success working towards some positive goals and feeling like you're doing something creative or constructive together with the right person or people. Whether that's working towards a shared goal or helping other people.

Happiness takes hard work - and it's something you enjoy and appreciate so much more for far longer after periods of struggle.

It took me many years to realize that in order to enjoy happiness you must also embrace and accept not being happy, and that the latter for most people makes up the bulk of our lives. For your other half, he's likely getting a lot out of having stability, purpose and security from his work - and doesn't want to risk losing that. I can understand that because living a life with regular re-starts can be incredibly destabilizing (life abroad is often much more volatile and if you have no secure job and without a huge stack of capital to fall back on it can easily fall apart). Ditching a secure job and pursuing other routes can also bring so much more (eventually and after much suffering and countless setbacks in my own case, and even then I know it won't be for ever !).

What I'm really saying is that none of us can be 'happy' all the time and passive enjoyment / contentment is a very fragile and short-lived thing that very rarely comes only from where you are. When the route ahead is blocked you need to look around you first and try to make changes in your life which start addressing your frustration and unhappiness in different ways. Even if you think there's an instant fix a 2hr plane ride away ! Numbing out life for sure will only set you back on your journey (been there often enough in the past to believe it now !). Everyone's life is different so we must in turn all find own paths through - and every moment of happiness always comes at a price we must in turn be willing to pay.

Many of us get 'down' at Christmas for many different reasons, especially if there are no kids around to breathe life and zest into our lives through their own excitement. I stopped drinking over the festive season a few years ago now because I found it easier to deal with and less volatile than boozing it out, but it's always stressful and never the best time to try to work out what to do with your life ! Be patient - we're mostly put here for many years and I'd only suggest you try hard to get back on your feet and embrace life, with all its present limitations, one little step at a time. In periods like this you just have to believe that you can and will feel differently about life in the future with enough effort and a bit of optimism. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. :)
Great words kimajy! The power of positive thoughts " think positive and you will be positive " is so true .

*correction to my earlier post, my wallet was stolen but my phone wasn't. It malfunctioned in Ibiza rather.

I was really depressed as well...it's been a few months now since being on the island. This trip marked a change in my life too as my GF at the time broke up with me when I got back, but I wouldn't take my experience back for the world. I still feel depressed TBH and I know Ibiza would make me happy but there are other fundamental things in my life that I need to change so that Ibiza feels like a cherry on top.

But it's just crazy how I've never felt so depressed after a vacation. Even after Cuba, Mexico, Miami etc. I felt Ibiza took the cake for me. It was a place I've always wanted to go ever since I discovered this damn scene in 2000/2001 and I finally did it this past year. I know there's all these other places like Croatia and there's multiple festivals popping up all over the world, but Ibiza is the centre of the scene bar none.

It sounds like there's other things in your life you need to change instead of basing your happiness on this fairyland of an island where Cocoon and Cox's Revolution nights are advertised on sides of buses and at bus stops like Nike or Apple products. This place is not real..i mean it is real but it's not reality, unless someone gets heavily involved with the scene there. I mean, it sounds like you're really sad and I hope you figure out what's bugging you.

It's crazy finding other like minded ppl on this site being all sad missing this place, so maybe we cant all be depressed loons and this place is really that special. I for one am looking forward to next July. I can't wait to see those beautiful mountains again and experience the fun all over, but I think until then, me, you, and maybe some other folks can find out what's bugging us so we don't miss Ibiza that much.

Dont laugh at me but im really ill. Ive done the research, got the money, booked a flight and my bf wont go. Its a long story- married to his job. Ive started crying 24/7 and buying valium online and id never so much as taken a paracetamol in my life what the hell can i do. Im so so sad. Does anyone live in cornwall pr devon who can help me. I miss it so bd. 2 yrs in may and i still grieve dor that beautiful island ..... . I think im having a breakdown. Xx love to you all.

Im just a sad mess sat on my bed all day crying everytime a plane goes over. Ive got a couple of med problems that are worrying the hell out of me but i see a different gp everytime and theyre all useless! Im here now feeling as low as a rats balls ( sorry) , its almost like panic! If i was 19 it wouldnt be so bad. BUt I dont want to be 45 and get my dream-
Life goes so quick its terrifying. Wish there was some Ibiza nuts in Cornwall but theyre all living in the 80s and think Exeter is abroad so i doubt theyve even heard of Ibiza. Ive wasted so many years of my life on so many uselesss things and people- thats what hurts the most. Love to all xx

Im just a sad mess sat on my bed all day crying everytime a plane goes over. Ive got a couple of med problems that are worrying the hell out of me but i see a different gp everytime and theyre all useless! Im here now feeling as low as a rats balls ( sorry) , its almost like panic! If i was 19 it wouldnt be so bad. BUt I dont want to be 45 and get my dream-
Life goes so quick its terrifying. Wish there was some Ibiza nuts in Cornwall but theyre all living in the 80s and think Exeter is abroad so i doubt theyve even heard of Ibiza. Ive wasted so many years of my life on so many uselesss things and people- thats what hurts the most. Love to all xx

I think you need to go to a doctor if you haven't already. The blues are one thing, depression is another. Try to stop taking random quantities of pills off the internet too, if you need medication get the correct stuff from the doctor in the correct quantities.

I only had the depression after I came home. N meds i meant a medical condition as opposed to pills- i didn't write very clear. I stay in bed as this condition scares me to the bones! Im on prescribed drugs but have gradually cut back- its a long story & its unfair to waffle about illness on this forum!
I just miss the place- its as simple as that. Its not financial why i cant go , its my partners job!! He wants to stay another 2 yets before taking early voluntary retirement.... 3 years!!!! Such a long time. You know that serenity you feel in Ibiza, the smell, happy people.. Life!!!!! People living to the max!! Anyway apologies for going on about my health issue. My daughter made me this from Cornish slate and I look at it and it gives me hope x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    777 KB · Views: 12
Wish there was some Ibiza nuts in Cornwall but theyre all living in the 80s and think Exeter is abroad

Ha! I lived in Exeter for 4 years and it was considered exotic going down to newquay

re: blues - I don't get this too bad - parts of Catalunya (where I live) are very balearic and the music scene in Barcelona is 100x better than Ibiza. You do miss the sunsets/beaches though

Hi
Im not too bothered about the clubbing scene! Id live in a tent in the hills if i could only find me a cheap place!
My mental state is going crazy- i love all of Spain and there are cheap places in Benidorm/Alicante but oeople have put me off saying its all squatters and gypos. I just wish i could go over, view a few places, buy one. Job done n i can go when ilike! Exeter is a crap airport so Bristols our best bet. I do like clubbing - dont get me wrong but its not the most important issue!! I left my heart there and want to get it back. Its so beautiful! Mallorca is cheap too but again, i need a week or two over there to get it right as ive already lost thousands on a place in the uk and never want that again. God Newquay ha !! ✈️✈️✈️

Me and my wife had a look at property in Mallorca too. Much more reasonable.

She is Spanish and we have talker about getting some place.

Ibiza would be best but just think property would be too expensive there.

What a dream it would be.

I wish my partner would take more interest. Ive done all the hard bit & reaearch- all he has to do is come over n c a few places. He gets 6 weeks a year off n he is owed about two weeks too. He had three weeks off since feb already n we did nothing. I know he thinks its pointless till we move there but im thinking holiday place 1st n get used to life there then when he eventually decides to stop being married to bloody Royal Mail, we can just up n go. He wont show any enthusiasm yet says he wants to eventually live there and have a hol home there! Maybe im pushing too hard but you cant do this kind of thing overnight! Its hard enough buying in the uk so someone has to do all the spadework ( me for the last 3 years). I feel utterly miserable today already. Another dead day wasted. Lifes so short & im wasting it waiting for him but I love him so im torn this way n that.i dont wanna be 50 when I move there!! How lovely having a Spanish wife! ✔️

there are cheap places in Benidorm/Alicante but oeople have put me off saying its all squatters and gypos.

Barcelona too - massive riot last two nights after a squat in Gracia was cleared. Dirty, dropout okupas kicking off. "what?! we have to pay rent like everyone else!? shock horror!"

They think theyve got rights... Rights? They want tear gas or that racoon stuff they use in the USA.

Back