Ibiza blues

I got back on Tuesday evening and still the dizziness and flashes/zaps haven't gone away! Surely it shouldn't take this long?! Apart from that I'm more or less in tact, but it's doing my head in! I managed a 5 mile run yesterday as I got roped into running an 8 1/2 mile leg of a cross country marathon relay race tomorrow morning. I know I can do it but these zaps are really getting to me. My friend I went with phoned me today quite concerned that he's done lasting damage to himself. The drugs in Ibiza weren't great this year and I think the sheer quantity consumed may be responsible for a long recovery period.
Nothing worse mate.
I thought I was the only one to suffer the flashing and the zapping the first time it happened to me,after a 2 week bender on the love island....Quite un-nerving.:)
It seems to get worse the older you get,unfortunately!!!

Got back this morning at 8:30am, was in work by 12pm. I've defintely gonna have the blues the rest of the week.

On the other hand I've just booked the 2nd - 8th October 2014 off work! Count down is on!

Surely in the case of work, it's not just the blues but also that your head will be full of fluff! Really having to sharpen up at work now, which means I won't go mad unless I have at least 3 days off to recover.

Got back on Tuesday from my 3rd trip to Ibiza in the space of 4 weeks. Still have a real uncontrollable urge to jump on a plane and head back out. Busy looking at a New Year's and later winter trip now.. as well as work opportunities :)

Got back on Tuesday from my 3rd trip to Ibiza in the space of 4 weeks. Still have a real uncontrollable urge to jump on a plane and head back out. Busy looking at a New Year's and later winter trip now.. as well as work opportunities :)
Have you still got those feelings? Late as this reply is, I think Im going slowly and literally mad. I cannot get the place out of me: i dont drink, smoke or do much clubbing but theres something about that place that has made me die inside here. My heart is in Ibiza and this empty shell of me is just going through the monotony of life here in the uk. Dont laugh. Ut Ive been to my doc who told me not to be such a silly girl - like Im 6 ffs!! Im 34!!! Eventually when our other place is sold here we are off to live there but who can tell how longs a piece of string. Wonder if theres anyone else on here who is utterly messed up like I am...

remember living there is nothing like the holidays and not nearly as easy as the dream might seem. You have to think what is it you are really missing? Not meaning to be buzz killington but Ive been through stages of thinking 'why wouldnt i be there all the time?" but that has passed for me. The fact you are fairly 'clean' means you're probably more serious than most i reckon

I couldn't sleep properly until 5 days after I got back. I had crazy nightmares being back that slowly subsided. When I'd close my eyes I'd see some flashing or people swaying.

I was really sad coming back, I think it was the drugs, that depleted my serotonin, but I guess its other stuff going on in my life as well. It didn't help that I didn't have a complete experience due to getting robbed and my phone getting stolen. I didn't feel like watching TV or movies or playing any video games, didn't wanna get back to the stuff that usually distracted me and just wanted the Ibiza instead to distract me.

I guess in Ibiza you feel like a superstar, ppl talk to you and are open. Also the clubs, music, culture and scenery overtake your senses and you're in this fantasy world where underground music is the mainstream in a tropical paradise.

I feel pings of sadness still after 1.5 months, it came back again last week and also comes back when I hear tracks from the island

Last edited:
Have you still got those feelings? Late as this reply is, I think Im going slowly and literally mad. I cannot get the place out of me: i dont drink, smoke or do much clubbing but theres something about that place that has made me die inside here. My heart is in Ibiza and this empty shell of me is just going through the monotony of life here in the uk. Dont laugh. Ut Ive been to my doc who told me not to be such a silly girl - like Im 6 ffs!! Im 34!!! Eventually when our other place is sold here we are off to live there but who can tell how longs a piece of string. Wonder if theres anyone else on here who is utterly messed up like I am...

Oh don't worry, I am completely messed up. Still feel very suicidal at the moment if I'm honest. Don't care what other people think; if they want to judge me then they can go ahead.

Lucky you is all I can say if you have all the plans in place to move out there. That is one MASSIVE step. Good on you, my best wishes and love for a happy and successful time :) x

Dan

Theres nothing or nobody in the UK for me- I hate it & Im just living day to day- same old. Its more profound than that, I want to spend my life new and fresh, see different places, forget the horrible things that have happened here over the years & quite a few recently too. Sad as it seems, there isnt one person I would miss when I go. Im basically a sad person I guess! We thought of Majorca as proprty cheAper there but it doesn't hold that draw like Ibz does..

Oh don't worry, I am completely messed up. Still feel very suicidal at the moment if I'm honest. Don't care what other people think; if they want to judge me then they can go ahead.

Lucky you is all I can say if you have all the plans in place to move out there. That is one MASSIVE step. Good on you, my best wishes and love for a happy and successful time :) x

Dan
Thank you... & I hope you find happiness somewhere in life... X

I must live in a shite area as a lot of you guys seem to just leap on a plane and go! Just like that when you feel like it!! From here it costs around £6-800 a flight from Bristol as Exeter doesnt do Ibiza,booking at short notice is virtualy impossible,then the booking itself is a real pain- you have to book 200 years before you go ! Only flight we ebver got at short notice (3 weeks) as to Palma in November with Easy. jet. I guess all the London airports do loads of flights. Just curious how easy it really is to just walk up to a desk and say " I want to go to...." And there you are, whizzing through customs and off you go!! I think the planes at Exeter would never get full enough to go to Ibiza as people from Exeter & downwards call a by pass a motorway and every town bigger than Dorking is a city so they wouldnt dare leave their comfort zone! Sorry, thats me having a dig at Cornwall!! I guess their Ibiza is Newquay.. N we'll say no more about that bloody place!!

You can fly with thomson and thomas cook to ibiza from Exeter at least a few time a week Bristol there are almost daily flights Ryan air easy jet thomas cook and thomson Ryan air and easy jet you can get some pretty good deals I think it was around 140 return with Ryan air not that long ago that was flying out Friday coming back Monday night I've never had trouble getting to ibiza from the southwest and never had to spend loads

I must live in a shite area as a lot of you guys seem to just leap on a plane and go! Just like that when you feel like it!! From here it costs around £6-800 a flight from Bristol as Exeter doesnt do Ibiza,booking at short notice is virtualy impossible,then the booking itself is a real pain- you have to book 200 years before you go ! Only flight we ebver got at short notice (3 weeks) as to Palma in November with Easy. jet. I guess all the London airports do loads of flights. Just curious how easy it really is to just walk up to a desk and say " I want to go to...." And there you are, whizzing through customs and off you go!! I think the planes at Exeter would never get full enough to go to Ibiza as people from Exeter & downwards call a by pass a motorway and every town bigger than Dorking is a city so they wouldnt dare leave their comfort zone! Sorry, thats me having a dig at Cornwall!! I guess their Ibiza is Newquay.. N we'll say no more about that bloody place!!
message kimajy on here, he travels from the south west.

Live about 40 minutes bus journey from Stanstead and it's free me Mrs works for bus company which is handy

The cravings and feelings of loss ease with time ... without a steady stream of visits it's a bit like coping with severe homesickness on a daily basis for weeks. Taken a month but am finally loving being back here again despite the weather and some terrible stress since I last went out to Ibiza.

It's taken huge positive effort to "let go" this time .... especially with paid-for closing party tickets sat in my inbox :!: Can't go through the withdrawal symptoms on top of everything else I've quit this month ... and besides, the price of so many trips wound up well out of order when the final "karmic tariff" came through. If you've ever been presented with one of these, you'll know exactly what I mean :lol:
Ive actually lost my zezt for life- i dont care its xmas, i haven't bothered to get dressed or do anything. I wont speak to anyone. England has killed me inside, its been 18 months since I last saw thae beautiful island. Its not me, its my stupid assshole partner who wont leave the uk because of his stupid job - a real career as a bloody postman! I will never be happy here, ever, no amount of money would make me happy. I just want to be on the island - happy. I buy valium online as i cant deal with this. What else is there.... Im so so sad. X

Ive actually lost my zezt for life- i dont care its xmas, i haven't bothered to get dressed or do anything. I wont speak to anyone. England has killed me inside, its been 18 months since I last saw thae beautiful island. Its not me, its my stupid assshole partner who wont leave the uk because of his stupid job - a real career as a bloody postman! I will never be happy here, ever, no amount of money would make me happy. I just want to be on the island - happy. I buy valium online as i cant deal with this. What else is there.... Im so so sad. X

*correction to my earlier post, my wallet was stolen but my phone wasn't. It malfunctioned in Ibiza rather.

I was really depressed as well...it's been a few months now since being on the island. This trip marked a change in my life too as my GF at the time broke up with me when I got back, but I wouldn't take my experience back for the world. I still feel depressed TBH and I know Ibiza would make me happy but there are other fundamental things in my life that I need to change so that Ibiza feels like a cherry on top.

But it's just crazy how I've never felt so depressed after a vacation. Even after Cuba, Mexico, Miami etc. I felt Ibiza took the cake for me. It was a place I've always wanted to go ever since I discovered this damn scene in 2000/2001 and I finally did it this past year. I know there's all these other places like Croatia and there's multiple festivals popping up all over the world, but Ibiza is the centre of the scene bar none.

It sounds like there's other things in your life you need to change instead of basing your happiness on this fairyland of an island where Cocoon and Cox's Revolution nights are advertised on sides of buses and at bus stops like Nike or Apple products. This place is not real..i mean it is real but it's not reality, unless someone gets heavily involved with the scene there. I mean, it sounds like you're really sad and I hope you figure out what's bugging you.

It's crazy finding other like minded ppl on this site being all sad missing this place, so maybe we cant all be depressed loons and this place is really that special. I for one am looking forward to next July. I can't wait to see those beautiful mountains again and experience the fun all over, but I think until then, me, you, and maybe some other folks can find out what's bugging us so we don't miss Ibiza that much.

Back