Ibiza 2022 impressions

Strong, but pretty accurate
Yes

But there are Beachbars which are more normal. Think she was in Blue Marlin.
Nassau sometimes has such people.
Sa Trinxa is more normal.
The Problem is old ( 20 years ) . The Nickname for the PdB was Rolex Beach. 25 years ago.

The lack of musical interest behind those shiny ropes is ever appalling. Too many people come out of the door for the wrong reason, it's a matter of overcompensation

100 Percent. This was one of the few parties I've been to where I seen multiple people in tears because of the music. Could have even shed a tear myself if the circumstances were right, but basically it was an absolute incredible night.
I really hope they do it again next year! I really want to go...will be amazing!

100 Percent. This was one of the few parties I've been to where I seen multiple people in tears because of the music. Could have even shed a tear myself if the circumstances were right, but basically it was an absolute incredible night.
I was there and an ok night, but if this is what we now class as incredible? Really bad crowd of people who probably wouldn’t normally be there and music hit or miss.

Saw them on the continent earlier this year. Seemed to me tracks were played without much improvisation, it was too much on the safe side.

I was there and an ok night, but if this is what we now class as incredible? Really bad crowd of people who probably wouldn’t normally be there and music hit or miss.
They played all their own music, so if you're a fan of them it would have been a dream. I seen plenty of people who were & they loved it. Had no real problem with the crowd myself. It was just a good vibe, the whole production & set up made it feel like a big occassion.

My only regret is doing that night solely on booze (& it being my first night, with an early morning flight and no sleep catch up).

This may seem like a bit of a rant, but is anyone else getting kind of fed up with the " ibiza isn't what it used to be" comments?

Not yet, give it another 25 years and I might :)

The Ibiza that was known was killed off once open-air clubbing through the night ended. There's no getting away from that as one of the main problems. Yes, Day-clubbing is great, some of the inside nightclubs are amazingly put together now but, its just not the same and it never will be unless that law is reversed.

I did have a look at the Bicep youtube video, there is a whole number of things that are not unique to Ibiza that have gone wrong in clubland to lead us to this point but yeah, if that's the high reference point for the season then, wow, the future is bleak. I think Dirks assessment was blunt but, fair.

There is a decent video of Paradise closing as well on Youtube, maybe people are so loaded up on Ketamine that they can't move, maybe the music is shit, maybe they are too poor to afford a drink. I don't know, if you play the video with the sound off, there's no energy.

The club looks full though and so, the dismal tide there and other Ibiza clubs continues into 2023. Its not unique to Ibiza, the Camelphat video from Manchester warehouse project looked dull as dishwater to me eventhough the venue and the production look incredible.

Are the top clubs too rammed in Ibiza? I agree that they were always rammed hard during peak season, I don't think that's changed much.

Not yet, give it another 25 years and I might :)

The Ibiza that was known was killed off once open-air clubbing through the night ended. There's no getting away from that as one of the main problems. Yes, Day-clubbing is great, some of the inside nightclubs are amazingly put together now but, its just not the same and it never will be unless that law is reversed.

I did have a look at the Bicep youtube video, there is a whole number of things that are not unique to Ibiza that have gone wrong in clubland to lead us to this point but yeah, if that's the high reference point for the season then, wow, the future is bleak. I think Dirks assessment was blunt but, fair.

There is a decent video of Paradise closing as well on Youtube, maybe people are so loaded up on Ketamine that they can't move, maybe the music is shit, maybe they are too poor to afford a drink. I don't know, if you play the video with the sound off, there's no energy.

The club looks full though and so, the dismal tide there and other Ibiza clubs continues into 2023. Its not unique to Ibiza, the Camelphat video from Manchester warehouse project looked dull as dishwater to me eventhough the venue and the production look incredible.

Are the top clubs too rammed in Ibiza? I agree that they were always rammed hard during peak season, I don't think that's changed much.
Part of the explanation is most certainly a steady rise of balearic bucket-list-tourism, flocked in with cruise ships these days. Globetrotters who want to experience the ibiza brand, or who just happen to be in the region, aching to stripe things off their evergrowing imaginary list, not realizing they have to do the partying part themselves. Fooled by marketing, and unfamiliar with who or what is playing, they're always on the lookout for being entertained. These 21st century gatherers usually end up recording mediocre experiences on overpriced pocket computers before moving on to the next item of the list.

Last edited:
What?

No late-night coach ride from Ibiza airport in some god-awful carriage with no aircon, no internal lighting, ripped seat fabric and at least one person that's already dropped a pill?

No arriving at a two-star hotel that looks like its been bombed with someone, drunk and asleep on the sofa opposite the reception desk?

No dropping your expensively assembled (to you) clothes into what looks like an open cupboard behind reception and just go and get slap bang on it?

No waking up next day from underneath someone's bed with no recall or record of how you got there or how to get back to the hotel? or, being able to remember what hotel you are supposed to be staying at, or what the address is?

That explains alot!

What?

No late-night coach ride from Ibiza airport in some god-awful carriage with no aircon, no internal lighting, ripped seat fabric and at least one person that's already dropped a pill?

No arriving at a two-star hotel that looks like its been bombed with someone, drunk and asleep on the sofa opposite the reception desk?

No dropping your expensively assembled (to you) clothes into what looks like an open cupboard behind reception and just go and get slap bang on it?

No waking up next day from underneath someone's bed with no recall or record of how you got there or how to get back to the hotel? or, being able to remember what hotel you are supposed to be staying at, or what the address is?

That explains alot!
Think our weekend over in July was about 90% this. And we're all 35-40......

Back