ibiza 2019 observations

I know tomorrow's resistance opening and that's probably the biggest event of the day/night.

but...that said people should maybe also have who cares at cova santa and/or keep on dancing at bora bora/el patio on the radar.

as usual, can't say more than that, but don't tell me I didn't warn you afterwards!

Any crossover between resistance and the latter or is that TMI?

Couple of observations from San An:

Dress sense:

Girls: It's been commented on before, but if it's not bright green/yellow and wedged between your arse cheeks, you're not wearing it properly
Guys: Same as last year, plenty beards, tiny man bags/bum bags worn at a jaunty "over-shoulder" angle, socks and sliders

It was quite funny sitting in one of the local bars having a beer, a table of older locals watching all the UK teens coming down the road from Ibiza Rocks. Coudn't understand what they were saying, but the older gentlemen were "intruiged" at the lack of clothes and having a good look. Their wives were very vocally reminding them that they were out with them.

Couple of observations from San An:

Dress sense:

Girls: It's been commented on before, but if it's not bright green/yellow and wedged between your arse cheeks, you're not wearing it properly
Guys: Same as last year, plenty beards, tiny man bags/bum bags worn at a jaunty "over-shoulder" angle, socks and sliders

It was quite funny sitting in one of the local bars having a beer, a table of older locals watching all the UK teens coming down the road from Ibiza Rocks. Coudn't understand what they were saying, but the older gentlemen were "intruiged" at the lack of clothes and having a good look. Their wives were very vocally reminding them that they were out with them.
It may well have been #tittytuesday?

For those who cares, here is a report from Claptone @ Pacha :
Funky Room : Completly empty (I mean realy 0 person)
Pachacha : Almost empty
Rooftop Terrasse : Close (that was a big downside)
VIP : less than 50 % full (clearly)
Main room : OK crowded, but not enough to make it a good vibe
Production : nice
Claptone : from 3 to 5 (so a realy short set) musicaly average at best

For those who cares, here is a report from Claptone @ Pacha :
Funky Room : Completly empty (I mean realy 0 person)
Pachacha : Almost empty
VIP : less than 50 % full (clearly)
Production : nice
Claptone : from 3 to 5 (so a realy short set) musicaly average at best
In July?

Grim.

Apparently the island is busy (beaches / restaurants) but the clubs are dead.

I'm really worried about Ibiza.

:(

In July?

Grim.

As addition to this, Facebook group I run, June was real busy but July very quiet. August looks busier though.

Maybe the more family/rich people island want are coming but they are not so much the clubbing type?

The clubs are one of ibiza unique selling points, otherwise there not much diff between it and its sister islands (other than been more expensive!)

Thanks for the report!

Really hope this picks up. I actually only ever saw the rooftop terrace closed towards the end of nights. Even middle of June or middle/end of September in years past (e.g. Cocoon last year in June) the terrace was open at least until 4/5.

Makes me reconsider the plan I had to go to this night on August 26th and do the Dynamic/Solumun takeover of Pyramid at Amnesia instead...

Thanks for the report!

Really hope this picks up. I actually only ever saw the rooftop terrace closed towards the end of nights. Even middle of June or middle/end of September in years past (e.g. Cocoon last year in June) the terrace was open at least until 4/5.

Makes me reconsider the plan I had to go to this night on August 26th and do the Dynamic/Solumun takeover of Pyramid at Amnesia instead...

Terrace was closed for Dixon too ... I think the clue is in the ticket price. Reduced price to €30 i.e Dixon / Claptone suggests not selling well but presume Solomun (€71) / Music On (€?) going well and full club therefore outside areas open as doesn't take away from the dancefloor too much which is probably for the best

Just think, if Ibiza had kept the more underground focus, it could still be as cool as say the likes of Berlin. Ibiza sadly no longer sets the pace and it is mainly 'gimmick' nights or retro nights (I put Glitterbox in with this) that are succeeding. A lot of DJs not seeing the Ibiza thing either these days.

It's sadly a downward spiral. You aint guaranteed a good night in Ibiza when you go these days and it is a lot of money to spent for a dud. Can't honestly see who will be visiting the Ibiza clubs in say 10/15 years.

As addition to this, Facebook group I run, June was real busy but July very quiet. August looks busier though.

Maybe the more family/rich people island want are coming but they are not so much the clubbing type?

The clubs are one of ibiza unique selling points, otherwise there not much diff between it and its sister islands (other than been more expensive!)
Maybe September might be a bit busier this year?

Terrace was closed for Dixon too ... I think the clue is in the ticket price. Reduced price to €30 i.e Dixon / Claptone suggests not selling well but presume Solomun (€71) / Music On (€?) going well and full club therefore outside areas open as doesn't take away from the dancefloor too much which is probably for the best
Oh yeah, absolutely! Better to have a good vibe on the dancefloor if not enough people in the club to fill the rooftop and the dancefloor.

I was just saying that over the past few years I was at Pacha several times and the rooftop was always open. Granted, one such night was Solumun and most others were Pure Pacha on a Saturday, but one was Cocoon last year in June (which looking back, one would assume would be less busy than say Claptone or Dixon in July). So I don't know if this "closed rooftop" thing (especially end of July) is new this year or if it was the same on non-weekend/non-Solumun (and presumably non-Guetta) nights the last few years...

Maybe September might be a bit busier this year?
Yeah, theres is a list of who is going when. June, August and September have like a dozen plus people. July, just 3 or 4. Unlike previous years.

Might be nothing to it, ants and elrow at ushuaia where rammed last week, (martin garrix not so much lol). Perhaps people coming only doing a few club nights instead of 4+?

In July?

Grim.

Clubs empty?

My report so far :

Guetta (friday) : Jam pack

Ants (sat.) : Jam pack

Elrow (sat.) : Jam pack

Solomun (sunday) : Jam pack

Back