ibiza 2019 observations

The issue with Dixon not filling up is not his popularity. Its because he does not have the right popularity.

The people who probably voted #1 for Dixon is because they follow his parties religiously almost. Look at the Facebook Group Innervisions Fans, look at the all sold out All Night Long parties, look at his huge ADE party last year all night long with Ame which sold out almost two months in advance?

He is quite popular but not Solomun popular. Not even Tale of Us. These guys are the king of party videos, Solomun especially with non stop after parties, and this instagram and facebook techno (more like deep house) culture made them extremely popular. Your cool celeb dancing at a big special party with Solomun playing for 12 hours. Even my older sister who is almost 40 now and never liked house/techno before, wants to go to Solomun when he plays. This is something very difficult to achieve and Solomun is 'that' popular. And he is the most popular guy on facebook groups when techno fans make fun of djs.

And Ibiza needs investment from the DJ as well, it is much more difficult in Ibiza to have a residency. Maceo or Dixon did not commit what Solomun committed. Like Marco Corola, how much he invested in and prioritised Ibiza, trust me he is not THAT popular in Europe.

That’s certiny been my experience. In the U.K., the people that are a bit ‘too cool for school’ and will only be seen at obscure parties but with unheard of DJs have always sneered a little bit at Ibiza which realistically has probably never been at the absolute forefront of electronic music. How can it be when it needs to sell out 5k venues week in week out though?

It's like this in Toronto as well, we have low budget DIY warehouse events with nicehy DJs and the ppl that attend think they're so much more clued in and also shit on Ibiza when they've never been. The music itself is somewhat similar to the DJs in Ibiza, so I don't get why the hate except that those DJs and Ibiza itself are popular. God forbid if we have go go dancers, hot girls, and class production at these events. How dare Ibiza try to have actual parties, what an outrage!

I saw Sophia Saze at at an event here for example and don't it's anything too different from a Cocoon event.

It's like this in Toronto as well, we have low budget DIY warehouse events with nicehy DJs and the ppl that attend think they're so much more clued in and also shit on Ibiza when they've never been. The music itself is somewhat similar to the DJs in Ibiza, so I don't get why the hate except that those DJs and Ibiza itself are popular. God forbid if we have go go dancers, hot girls, and class production at these events. How dare Ibiza try to have actual parties, what an outrage!

I saw Sophia Saze at at an event here for example and don't it's anything too different from a Cocoon event.

I bet you didn't grow up at underground parties though... Which is why you never really get it..

Anyone who has ever enjoyed absolute rave freedom under a railway arch or in a warehouse or quarry or forest or field will take that over a corporate club, every day of the week. Why do you think everyone's so desperate for a slice of the Kave? Cos that's the nearest thing to an underground - everyone wants to be part of something special/unique - human nature innit..

Yeah, theres is a list of who is going when. June, August and September have like a dozen plus people. July, just 3 or 4. Unlike previous years.

Might be nothing to it, ants and elrow at ushuaia where rammed last week, (martin garrix not so much lol). Perhaps people coming only doing a few club nights instead of 4+?
Are you actually from Hull?

Is it just me that cant get away with the likes of Dixon, solly and TOU? People instagraming drops like "wow bomb" and I'm like when's this going to drop? Don't get me wrong couple good tracks/remixes from a of them but live sets do nothing for me.

I can see Dixon having a huge following from a select religious few just maybe he needs a smaller club..

Did anyone make it to circoloco yesterday?? Any observations??

I was hoping to catch orla play her first circoloco but i couldn’t make it in the end!

Did anyone catch it?? Any good??

Gracias

Is it just me that cant get away with the likes of Dixon, solly and TOU? People instagraming drops like "wow bomb" and I'm like when's this going to drop? Don't get me wrong couple good tracks/remixes from a of them but live sets do nothing for me.

I can see Dixon having a huge following from a select religious few just maybe he needs a smaller club..

when‘s the last time you‘ve given them a proper go?

one for the cocoon thread, but TOU smashed it at amnesia last night.

and yes, 100%, definitely, no question at all, afterlife happens at the wrong venue - period.

when‘s the last time you‘ve given them a proper go?

and yes, 100%, definitely, no question at all, afterlife happens at the wrong venue - period.
I seen them at shindig Newcastle around 3 years ago just didn't do anything for me.

I've got them on my paradise date in September along with Len faki who I love. Maybe I'm just too much into the harder side?

I seen them at shindig Newcastle around 3 years ago just didn't do anything for me.

I've got them on my paradise date in September along with Len faki who I love. Maybe I'm just too much into the harder side?

well ok if len is your flavour then it‘s no surprise you can‘t get into them

So it is the Afterlife events that is the problem.. I am not suprised at all that they killed it at Cocoon yesterday.

I bet you didn't grow up at underground parties though... Which is why you never really get it..

Anyone who has ever enjoyed absolute rave freedom under a railway arch or in a warehouse or quarry or forest or field will take that over a corporate club, every day of the week. Why do you think everyone's so desperate for a slice of the Kave? Cos that's the nearest thing to an underground - everyone wants to be part of something special/unique - human nature innit..

TBH, I guess I haven't. We had an Amnesia type club called the Guvernment back in the day and they showcased guys like Sasha, Sander Kleinenberg etc in their big room with a spectacle.

As for the Kave, I think non-conventional venue helps, but also cuz it's a major headliner like Solomun +another DJ who is playing as well.

Tale of Us is in a tricky position cause they get insane publicity from Hi with the production and subsequent videos on IG. But I think Amnesia could get similar production (look at what they do for Elrow) and at the same time I think their musical freedom would expand. Maybe next year...

Back