ibiza 2019 observations

I just feel the need to say this. While some people may fall over his posts because it's not perfectly English...
I met Joe twice shortly this trip and he's truly a nice guy. In the whatsappgroup he is always looking out for others and tries to help them get the most out of their trip as in guestlists, discounts, dancing space etc.
I hope he doesn't do a relax-ibiza next year, just keep partying Joe :) @FallenangelGparsons
And how would one go about getting into said Whatsapp group please? Im not Guardia or anything just an Ibiza lover looking for likeminded Ibiza Lovers :)

Ayia napa , Lloret de mar , salou, benidorm, malaga, rimini, kazantip The list goes on and on ... those places are the entrance point for young people , they have been there forever ! You can’t compare to ibiza !

Malaga itself is a very nice working Spanish town and nowt like Benidorm or Salou IMO... I assume you mean people passing through Malaga airport to get to the tourist resorts on the Costa Del Sol?

Malaga itself is a very nice working Spanish town and nowt like Benidorm or Salou IMO... I assume you mean people passing through Malaga airport to get to the tourist resorts on the Costa Del Sol?
We go to central Malaga every year. It’s a lovely city with lots to do for families - man made beach, water sports, massive annual fun fair, shops, football, eateries, etc. However it’s getting really ropey on the fringes of the city these days and looking somewhat dilapidated. Nice for a 3-4 day break.

Great tunes last night from the Irish Berliners Flynn'ers, E.V.E and big things happening for Kev Sheridan with tracks out on Mauve and this the highlight of the night #youhearditherefirst. Will only be heard on certain balcony in October @ibiza not tech house ?

and another

It's Gonna Be Perfect is FINALLY out on Maeve today....nearly a year later. I was beginning to lose hope.

You're a man ahead of your time Craig.

the es vedrà sunset viewpoint has indeed become a proper tourist attraction with all its pros and cons..
For me it's been a no-no during the summer for a long while!
from next year cars won't be able to get so close to the sunset view point (real name: s'era des mataret)... bravo!

off you go :arrow::arrow::arrow: go to savannahsss or mambosss or bora bora beach... chop chop!

the access with car to torre des savinar and sa pedrera has been shut...

... torre de sa sal rossa in sa xanga and torre den rovira in cala conta (where that illegal rave happened last summer) will be next!

from next year cars won't be able to get so close to the sunset view point (real name: s'era des mataret)... bravo!
WTF???

One great (non-clubbing) thing about Ibiza was that is you could get everywhere with a car. How often will the effing bus go to the sunset point - probably every 2 hours or so? :mad:

Glad I could enjoy it while it was enjoyable.

erm it's less than a kilometer to walk from where you have to park now. not such a big deal if you ask me
So they just no longer allow to drive directly to the lookout point, but you can still park nearby? That's probably not such a big deal. This article from the last year talks about people taking a bus/bicycle instead of a car, so I assumed there was no longer a convenient way to drive there at all.

So they just no longer allow to drive directly to the lookout point, but you can still park nearby? That's probably not such a big deal. This article from the last year talks about people taking a bus/bicycle instead of a car, so I assumed there was no longer a convenient way to drive there at all.

I guess for some the prospect of walking a kilometre is enough to make them wait for a bus ?‍♂️ ?

I guess for some the prospect of walking a kilometre is enough to make them wait for a bus ?‍♂️ ?
But why make them walk a kilometer at all? It's been a while since I last visited that lookout point, but I don't remember any acute traffic problems there. It isn't even a spectacular walk. Instead of wasting 20 minutes walking that kilometer (and back) in the heat, you could make a quick climb to Torre des Savinar, for example...

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I love a good walk in the sun on holiday, wearing my flip flops :D

My missus has got a fancy watch and is obsessed with her daily step count, she walks everywhere these days. Good for the environment I suppose ??

But why make them walk a kilometer at all? It's been a while since I last visited that lookout point, but I don't remember any acute traffic problems there
For starters because those lands and the tower have private owners (not the ayuntamiento or the Consell) and they're tired of all the rubbish, and potential fires, due to the uncivic tourists and residents. It's a way to limit/control the numbers...

Back