*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

I didn't it posted anywhere! I guess that's the point? Is there glist for this?

got announced earlier today on keep on dancing facebook, I only knew since yesterday myself. I was there for a bit just now but left because of work, being hungry and want to do a little of coxy at pacha later

If only you had known earlier, eh?

Well, I'm not there but I could imagine missing this if I was! Will have to keep a closer eye on all ibiza related social media cuz this is a pretty sick lineup for a daytime ish thing..free too!

Last night at Prydz was the busiest I have seen Hï. Long (but fast moving) queues from opening and a very decently packed dancefloor early doors.
From CamelPhat (01:30) until an hour into Prydz, the Theatre was wall to wall. Club room was also busy, though not as crowded as Afterlife opening.
Cristoph played a very good set. Would like to have seen him get the middle slot. Hopefully he gets a chance later in the season.
CamelPhat played their selection of hits alongside some more interesting selections.
Prydz mixed it up as per usual. Started off with his proggy Prdya material. Naturally, it was his extended CIREZ D repertoire that appealed to me the most.
What I liked about this event was it was literally just the DJ/s in the booth. No entourage, no hangers on, groupies or booth lurkers. The polar opposite of Afterlife.
The crowd were still camera in the air heavy, but a lot politer than Afterlife.
Loads of Canadian and Americans in attendance. Maybe this helped the vibe?
Overall I enjoyed it but not sure I will rush back. The production is pretty good but nothing I hadn't seen half a dozen times before.
Intended to get on it, but actually remained sober and left at 05:00 (saving myself for the football tonight! :twisted: )
After Prydz had been on an hour a lot of the tourists started to leave. Still rammed, but there were some nice spacey spots if you muscled further forward.
I suspect Together was hurt numbers wise last night. Nobody on the night bus got off at Amnesia, nor boarded there on the return journey.

I am putting it out there that I thought the island wasN'T as busy as last year - a good thing.
Though I am sure some nights are still very busy (DC10)

Last edited:
I was afraid of this ugh. Lineup was alright but I dunno

Their nights are gonna get better tho soon.

i dont think so.

& its not because cocoon was replaced by pyramids.

it was very clear that there was a big change in the clubbing scene between Summer 2012-13-14 & starting from 2015,

cocoons crowd was getting less & less, enter stopping @ space.

dont think pyramid will be able to be a good replacement for the old cocoon.

on the other hand, nights such as solomun which was very quiet at the beginning & we were having too much space on the dance floor in 2013 & 2014 in 2015 it just boomed, same to carola which in 2012 was acceptable in terms of numbers & it stayed quiet for a couple of years till even summer 2014 - except for one date which carola got back after his ear surgery but again in 2015 it just boomed and it just became so crowded.

and the third one is afterlife which i see a very good & promising summers yet to come.

Back