*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

For us die hards, it’s not an issue. The exchange rate has never put me off. It is what it is. So the holiday costs and extra £150 in spends. Whoopdedoo. I’m still going :D

However, for those just looking for a sunny getaway, somewhere that does €1.50 pints and plays any old music in bars, is going to attract the average holiday goer more than a place that is €10 a beer in the night clubs.

Last edited:
Also, compare the cost of a return flight to Ibiza to anywhere else in the Med. It's a fraction of the price. Greek islands are considerably more, as are the Canaries.

£320 return trip to Ibiza from Edinburgh last couple of years, used to cost me £120.

I get the general sense that Ibiza as a whole is becoming just a little bit less fashionable, in Britain at least.

No bad thing really if it reins in some of excesses of the island TBH

Think that is true also. But agree if its gets rid of the what I call 'fake VIP' culture then that would be great.

By that I mean clubs and bars that have roped a few tables off for people who can't really afford it to max their credit cards out. The sooner these people and the bars/clubs get back to having a good time without the pretension, at normal prices the better.

Real VIP such as the yachts in Ibiza Town harbour are so on another level that it doesn't impact me, I don't see these people, and their super wealth provides good income for Ibiza.

Think that is true also. But agree if its gets rid of the what I call 'fake VIP' culture then that would be great.

By that I mean clubs and bars that have roped a few tables off for people who can't really afford it to max their credit cards out. The sooner these people and the bars/clubs get back to having a good time without the pretension, at normal prices the better.

Real VIP such as the yachts in Ibiza Town harbour are so on another level that it doesn't impact me, I don't see these people, and their super wealth provides good income for Ibiza.
I think everyone enjoys the real glamour I.e. The yachts mooring at the Harbour. Nothing finer than passing a day in the bars sipping freezing cold Cerveza Pequeñas.

It's Lee the car mechanic from Canning Town charging on benzo drinking bottles of Ciroc with sparklers in them that grinds my gears.

I think everyone enjoys the real glamour I.e. The yachts mooring at the Harbour. Nothing finer than passing a day in the bars sipping freezing cold Cerveza Pequeñas.

It's Lee the car mechanic from Canning Town charging on benzo drinking bottles of Ciroc with sparklers in them that grinds my gears.

Hitting Bossa at £150 a night min each on a room. Suitcase full of Zara. Doing packet all day and night at Jet. Beds at Ocean. Tables at Mambos. STK. Mixers at Ushuaia. VIP Ibiza Rocks Craig David. Everywhere a taxi

All for the gram

Getting too greedy with the pricing, wages in the UK have barely kept pace with inflation and in real terms are still worse than the 2008 crisis. You’ve got to be earning a decent amount of even do a ‘budget’ week in Ibiza these days.

Some of the hotels have refurbished and gone upmarket, which on one hand is good that they are investing in facilities, but is the market (particularly in San An) ready and willing to pay more for better hotels?

Also the press about 3am finishes on the West End doesn’t help, even if in reality it hasn’t changed things much. Some will see later finishes in Maga/Malia/Kavos for half the hotel cost and book there instead.

Yes the World Cup is a factor, but there is a Euros or World Cup every two years so its not out of the ordinary. And while England have done well, Germany went home early and Italy didnt even qualify, so its swings and roundabouts in terms of nationalities that visit Ibiza
Europe is expensive in the summer also, people are getting abit more savvy in travelling outside of Europe for better value of money.

Back