*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

Discussion in 'Ibiza parties and clubs' started by stivi, Apr 18, 2018.

1. feynman

feynman Active Member

Sorry , no. Was it fun in KM5 ?
    Sven is a Legend in our area , but not often there. I saw a guy with Omen Shirt at Cocoon in June. Shirt must be 20 Years old. The guy was a little older. Saw the last T Rex I think. You are never to old to party hard. ( Omen was one of Svens early Residencies )

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. white_isle_calling

white_isle_calling Well-Known Member

Indeed it was!

3. FallenangelGparsons

FallenangelGparsons Well-Known Member

70€ at doors , I didn't check when back 3h00am

who has been strip sear he'd for drugs?
    I 've bee only tested for booze ..
    Dc10 was over capacity at midnight..at 3h00 am fine. .

4. On a previous visit i overheard a tout trying to sell some girls Ushuaia tickets for the same night, checked my watch and by calculation they had 45 minutes to get from Ibiza Port to PDB before it shut. Ruthless.

AntonioGeordio likes this.
  5. Things being sold way over their value? At massively inflated prices? :eek:

That is really out of character for Ibiza :lol:

6. Just add a zero, and hand over your Barclaycard. Gracias.

AntonioGeordio likes this.
  7. Mr. Run

Mr. Run New Member

I think that DC10 was over capacity the whole night...I cannot understand how they are allowed to sale so many tickets because it is not really good for the clubbing experience as you can barely dance and unsafe in case of...

Rometta likes this.
  8. Rometta

Rometta Active Member

I was thinking the same...ok is the closing party but at the beginning everyone stays out ( main room was empty till dettmann came in at 22 ) and terraza mid empty while apollonia were playing...at 1.30am everyone tried to go inside and while the main room was full but far from the dj boot you were able to move, the terraza was a nightmare...went there for 45mn of tale of us and go back to main room immediately

feynman likes this.
  9. FallenangelGparsons

FallenangelGparsons Well-Known Member

I was in Terrace aling Tanzman squillace 1rst row
    u r quiet shaken if solo..at hecend I succeed yo gather 5 pack with Italians and Spanish mates met Elrow 2016..
    sardine effect made me want to leave at midnight ..didn't really sleep that day as getting of heart 9am..Having mates help u to keep motivation as music was banging techhouse and techno i dont like..
    my last Dc10 party:( No more willing to pay for this anymore

10. craig72

craig72 Well-Known Member

Why can't you sleep?

lee111s likes this.
  11. johndiamond

johndiamond Active Member

stuff i liked about ibiza this october:
    1. island is lovely and green. presumably from september's rain
    2. the beach in san antonio is much cleaner than i remember in previous years
    3. decent value food and drink is out there if you look
    4. the sea seems really warm
    5. meeting up with a few spotlighters made for some great nights
    6. seems like less of the pushy ticket touts, especially in san antonio

stuff i didn't like about ibiza this october:
    1. pervy dudes in the clubs
    2. poor service/overpriced food in some restaurants
    3. attitude of some of the bar staff...maybe you're so cool working in ibiza and all that but i am not lucky you served me. it is your job. i'm polite to you, please be polite back.
    4. playa den bossa feels a bit too dodgy

12. Crawleytown

Crawleytown Member

Agree about the service... was an absolute joke in many of the restaurants and bars we visited this year.

Browny and johndiamond like this.
  13. Big Wox

Big Wox Active Member

Didn’t enjoy Mambo really this year. Found it to be expensive for average quality food. Friend’s wife wanted to go as hadn’t been before. Better places to go IMO.

I’m going to generalise a bit here but I found in Ibiza a lot of young tourists lived up to their self-centred look at me type image.

Very prevalent in pubs, clubs and (in the UK certainly) workplace. No idea how to behave appropriately and zero self awareness. Perhaps it’s just coincidence but these seem to be the people who end up in IR and OBC.

Maybe I’m just getting old and so my outlook and expectation levels are set too high.

14. cunninghamali

cunninghamali Well-Known Member

I had good service in one bar in fig....and I was so happy about it...rareity nowadays....not great service in all the other bars or restaurants I went to though

DCAmbrose likes this.
  15. soha

soha Active Member

This really bugs me too
    I hate when they see you standing waiting politely but serve the loudmouth that just arrived beside you first

Tiffany Barrett and craig72 like this.
  16. craig72

craig72 Well-Known Member

Try arriving with kids to some places,they nearly seat you in the kitchen out of costumers way... I had to get a waiters attention once in the mirror he way checking himself out in..:lol:

17. Life of Rye

Life of Rye Active Member

18. jackmontandon

jackmontandon Active Member

Just come back from a quick 3 day trip. Only did Pacha on Saturday but was very impressed with the layout now! I loved the island feeling a little quiter as it was October. I didn't feel there was much more posers than usual, this has been the case for years in my opinion. Trip number 22 and the love is still as strong as ever!

19. feynman

feynman Active Member

Today summer was back. Beachbars with some people in PdB. Sir Rocco good frequented.

20. johndiamond

johndiamond Active Member

this year a particular gripe is barmaids who think they are some kind of cindy crawford and strut round ignoring or being rude to customers because they're so self important.

sorry love but the reality is that at best you"re a six out of ten in the right light, this job may be as good as it gets for you, and if someone pukes in here it'll be you mopping up not me.

why not just serve politely??