*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Neither, its this
No one said anything about it being big...

related to this: does anybody still go to sonar? what are the numbers? lineup has become pretentious and so much less appealing than the off sonar events.
According to the article "Sónar itself continues to grow: 123,000 people turned up this year".

I also wouldn't say it's less appealing than off sonar, but it is too expensive for what it is.
when they had top live acts like Kraftwerk, Chemical brothers, etc... I could justify the cost, but when it's just DJ's, and short 1.5-2 hours sets...

I lived and work in Ibiza from 2002-2007 then work and travel around the world for 4 years before returning on the island in April 2011 . Couldn't believe how much pricing of everything as rise in just a few years ( I'm not talking about tickets price in club as I was going for free ) I decided to leave the island end of summer 2012 because I was tired of putting almost all my monthly salary to rent a small flat and also because I couldn't see how am I going to survive in the winter with the small amount I saved in the summer ( even if I had a part time job open for me during the winter )
I moved to Barcelona in autumn 2012 , and only in 4-5 years exactly the same is happening here . Rent a flat as increase between 30-40% in only a few years , going out is also more expensive...

I was in sonar and off sonar and what I can say is that it was overpriced. But less people , in my opinion no , almost everything were sold out in advance ( talking about more or less the same party as Ibiza )

The 2 biggest venue for the off are :
Poble español ( which have 3 outdoor venue and 3 clubs) and the forum for festival event like solomun ... those places were packed...

But I can see ( already for a few years that people are getting tired of paying so much )
The average price for a party with international dj were between 30-70€
A beer :6,7€
spirit : 12-14€
To rent a tourist flat or stay in hotels are also expensive
So barcelona is getting almost as expensive as Ibiza , people in the first place used to come to enjoy the party , the sun , beach... for a reasonable price but it's not the case anymore ...

What I noticed also is that less and less Spanish people are coming to the party because they can't afford anymore paying this pricing. I knows many local that have a salary of 1000€ a month , so imagine , all in all . Ibiza and Barcelona have to do something because one day they will cry .
I still come often to the island , sleep in friends house and go out with them , and I saw also that less and less Spanish are going out , maybe in a few years others country will follow , Ibiza and Barcelona don't have to forgot that if the resident and normal people that like to enjoy themselves listening to great music don't come anymore , the dance floor will be dead and without a good dance floor full of people enjoying themselves not sure the VIP will still coming ...

I lived and work in Ibiza from 2002-2007 then work and travel around the world for 4 years before returning on the island in April 2011 . Couldn't believe how much pricing of everything as rise in just a few years ( I'm not talking about tickets price in club as I was going for free ) I decided to leave the island end of summer 2012 because I was tired of putting almost all my monthly salary to rent a small flat and also because I couldn't see how am I going to survive in the winter with the small amount I saved in the summer ( even if I had a part time job open for me during the winter )
I moved to Barcelona in autumn 2012 , and only in 4-5 years exactly the same is happening here . Rent a flat as increase between 30-40% in only a few years , going out is also more expensive...

I was in sonar and off sonar and what I can say is that it was overpriced. But less people , in my opinion no , almost everything were sold out in advance ( talking about more or less the same party as Ibiza )

Poble español ( which have 3 outdoor venue and 3 clubs) and the forum for festival event like solomun ... those places were packed...

But I can see ( already for a few years that people are getting tired of paying so much )
So barcelona is getting almost as expensive as Ibiza , people in the first place used to come to enjoy the party , the sun , beach... for a reasonable price but it's not the case anymore ...

What I noticed also is that less and less Spanish people are coming to the party because they can't afford anymore paying this pricing. I knows many local that have a salary of 1000€ a month , so imagine , all in all . Ibiza and Barcelona have to do something because one day they will cry .
I still come often to the island , sleep in friends house and go out with them , and I saw also that less and less Spanish are going out , maybe in a few years others country will follow , Ibiza and Barcelona don't have to forgot that if the resident and normal people that like to enjoy themselves listening to great music don't come anymore , the dance floor will be dead and without a good dance floor full of people enjoying themselves not sure the VIP will still coming ...

good post - all very true

YEAH BUT THEY PUT A DJ IN THE TOILET

Just booked to go back on the 24th July so if I end up at Hi I will see what I can do....

Mind blowing this loo

Mind blowing this loo

personally I don't get what's so mindblowing about this loo. it's a joke and yeah, funny the first time you do it. but after the second and third time it's nothing special anymore and I personally don't really like the idea of dancing a meter away from someone that's just dumping a load. don't get me wrong, it's certainly got the wow factor at first, but really it's not a place I'd spend an hour or so.

personally I don't get what's so mindblowing about this loo. it's a joke and yeah, funny the first time you do it. but after the second and third time it's nothing special anymore and I personally don't really like the idea of dancing a meter away from someone that's just dumping a load. don't get me wrong, it's certainly got the wow factor at first, but really it's not a place I'd spend an hour or so.

yeah, it's still basically a toilet. and people are pushing past to have a slash/dump/wash their hands. the whole thing is a gimmick to pull people in. I've seen it in other clubs when they have temporary booths, having one built in seems like it would get very old pretty quickly.

Back