*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Yeah I was so shocked! Litteraly 50 people maybe a few more but the terrace was dead from 4/4:30, Adam Beyer had a pretty packed room and we left at 6:30 I believe

Strange. Sven was with Ame too. What else is there to do on Monday other than DC10?

I think there not enough people on the island now to care about going to these nights,yes you have the serious music heads that go Papa Sven all night and Ame 45minute set:eek: we must and cant miss this and then you have the
other 90% younger and on the lash all day at the pool or beach by night time they go fck that we'll stay here instead of the hassle going to amnesia ect.. I fall into both those categories..:)

Last edited:
Sven all night long has generally always been a highlight of the season... I cannot imagine why that would be empty even up against some of the strong Circo Loco lineups.

may 31th if cococon dead b4 2.am i may plan dc10+ cocoon around 3.00am :cool: the wild stuff :p
do they sell dc10 ticket at dc10 shop?or any bars/shop, and how many? 50€ as for opening u have to buy online 53€ with RA otherwise at door 60€
:cool:

Last edited:
I think there not enough people on the island now to care about going to these nights,yes you have the serious music heads that go Papa Sven all night and Ame 45minute set:eek: we must and cant miss this and the you have the other 90% younger and on the lash all day at the pool or beach by night time they go fck that we'll stay here instead of the hassle going to amnesia ect.. I fall into both those categories..:)

Im with you , mostly the latter now.

Yeah I was so shocked! Litteraly 50 people maybe a few more but the terrace was dead from 4/4:30, Adam Beyer had a pretty packed room and we left at 6:30 I believe

Maybe it's because people are finally starting to get fed up of being completely ripped off all the time...

I think there not enough people on the island now to care about going to these nights,yes you have the serious music heads that go Papa Sven all night and Ame 45minute set:eek: we must and cant miss this and then you have the
other 90% younger and on the lash all day at the pool or beach by night time they go fck that we'll stay here instead of the hassle going to amnesia ect.. I fall into both those categories..:)
Not sure about there not being enough people, but maybe it's coz there's more parties.
But definitely a large majority of the crowd just get drunk and they don't really care where they end up. When I was sparking conversations with people around the pool this year when I asked where they were going 99% of them said either Ocean Beach, or they didn't know, or that they were going to a club but couldn't tell me what DJ or night it was. 2 people said they were going to see David guetta, I asked pacha or ushuia and they didn't know either of those places.

Ibiza isn't a clubbing destination for most people I know..its just somewhere to go for a bit of fun..:)

I went and by 3am I'd say it was rather busy indeed much busier than cocoon
But like you said you could tell that an awful lot of people had no idea who they were seeing and at cocoon I even heard someone outside go "yes Adam Beyer is playing tonight it'll be trance" to which his pal goes no Adam Beyer is tech and they was arguing if he's tech or trance :confused::spank:

But like you said you could tell that an awful lot of people had no idea who they were seeing and at cocoon I even heard someone outside go "yes Adam Beyer is playing tonight it'll be trance" to which his pal goes no Adam Beyer is tech and they was arguing if he's tech or trance :confused::spank:

Probably got confused between Adam Beyer and Andrew Bayer. Even Mixmag have pulled that faux pas!

Not sure about there not being enough people, but maybe it's coz there's more parties.
But definitely a large majority of the crowd just get drunk and they don't really care where they end up. When I was sparking conversations with people around the pool this year when I asked where they were going 99% of them said either Ocean Beach, or they didn't know, or that they were going to a club but couldn't tell me what DJ or night it was. 2 people said they were going to see David guetta, I asked pacha or ushuia and they didn't know either of those places.

This has always happened to a degree. But I think now its so mainstream, these type of people who come and do four nights of madness and visit the same high profile places are partly the reason its losing the special vibe of yesteryear. Obviously not everyone, but most are too wasted , there for too short a time , and at places that are more style than substance to really feel that 'je ne sais quoi '

Yes I went 4 June and was busy, not rammed but very busy! Good night! Annoying people in there though

I went to Insane Opening a few years ago. It was billed as a IMS afterparty. Early season, so not many other option on. No Music On for example. These factors might go some way to explaining the mixture of people inside Pacha that night...

A strange collection of clubbers were assembled: a noticeable US/Canadian contingent & a lot of MK fans mixed with the usual glamorous Pacha glitterati. But also a lot of pissed middle-aged women who seemed like they been on a mammoth hen-do and had rolled into town by mistake.

Completely uninterested in the music and dancing, and more happy to form a circle and have a mother's meeting on the peripherals of the dancefloor. Not ideal when space was limited. Total buzzkill. Worse crowd I've ever seen in Ibiza. Their presence became more bothersome the more wine they knocked-back, until they completed the transformation into full-blown UK hen stereotype - drinks flying everywhere, dancing around handbags, one in hysterics being comforted by the others for a reasons nobody could decipher. Fortunately they departed relatively early on, and Digweed saved the day by blowing us away.

Funny how I consider that set to be one of the best I've ever seen in Ibiza, and yet the night so easily could've been a disaster.

without being there, I can't really comment, but some interesting parallels with what's happening in BCN, whose clubbing infrastructure is increasingly similar to IBZ, except on a larger scale

1. nerds are ageing and the nerd stock is not getting replenished at the younger end. This inevitably has an impact because the die-hard enthusiasm is not what it was, so the vacuum (if filled..) is filled by casual tourists
2. daytime events are destroying clubbing - this is a partly a licensing thing, partly a fashion thing. daytime is just not the same as nighttime + human beings need sleep (occasionally)
3. (related to 1) loads of music heads are going elsewhere. the ones that still bother with bcn/ibz fly in for one-off events or private parties. you won't see them at regular nights. again, this could be significant.
4. off-sonar numbers were down bigtime this year. reason cited: saturation https://t.co/FMKhBQKP7b

Back