*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

I find the sound at all clubs to be on point ( haven't tried out Hï yet). I wear those ugly construction based earplugs but I can still tell when I remove them for brief moments

I find the sound at all clubs to be on point ( haven't tried out Hï yet). I wear those ugly construction based earplugs but I can still tell when I remove them for brief moments

whoa I hear massive differences inside the various clubs. while all clubs certainly have powerful soundsystems, the actual quality of the sound (at least to my ears) is hugely different from club to club. I also wear plugs - but the expensive custom-made ones. best thing I've bought in the last few years.

currently the best sound quality IMO is to be heard in two places

amnesia terrace
dc10 main room

I'd get some from Amazon that are for concerts, the don't muffle like ones you have. In fact the music sounds better as ears are not overwhelmed and so can hear more of the detail. Custom ones are best like stivi has, if you're going to music events a lot.

Sound system wise space was the "clearest" imho. Pacha tends to be a bit over driven on some nights (fmif for example). I hope Hi have sorted out the niggles in their new system.
The whistling you get afterwards if it's too loud is a sign of hearing damage! :eek:

I'd get some from Amazon that are for concerts, the don't muffle like ones you have. In fact the music sounds better as ears are not overwhelmed and so can hear more of the detail. Custom ones are best like stivi has, if you're going to music events a lot.

Sound system wise space was the "clearest" imho. Pacha tends to be a bit over driven on some nights (fmif for example). I hope Hi have sorted out the niggles in their new system.
The whistling you get afterwards if it's too loud is a sign of hearing damage! :eek:

space discoteca was the best one hands down - no other soundsystem on the island ever had the same level of power and clarity at the same time. IMO no system comes close to that. the one at hï currently doesn't have a patch on that. this is not being negative towards anything, but a simple fact, period.

as for the whistling or the white noise you get after a night out - things of the past for me. none of it happens with good earplugs.

whoa I hear massive differences inside the various clubs. while all clubs certainly have powerful soundsystems, the actual quality of the sound (at least to my ears) is hugely different from club to club. I also wear plugs - but the expensive custom-made ones. best thing I've bought in the last few years.

amnesia terrace
dc10 main room
Ironically 2 years ago at cocoon closing and circoloc double header my brother had a terrible experience with the sound that night he couldn't hear properly for a good couple of months and hasdeveloped tinnitus symptoms since. As I have tinnitus myself I was wearing earplugs (tried to get him to wear some but he is to young to take advice) my hearing wasn't so bad but when taking them out at amnesia it sounded sharp and deafening. I'm sure that was a one off mind.

Ironically 2 years ago at cocoon closing and circoloc double header my brother had a terrible experience with the sound that night he couldn't hear properly for a good couple of months and hasdeveloped tinnitus symptoms since. As I have tinnitus myself I was wearing earplugs (tried to get him to wear some but he is to young to take advice) my hearing wasn't so bad but when taking them out at amnesia it sounded sharp and deafening. I'm sure that was a one off mind.
Yeah once it's gone it's gone. High frequencies go first as those inner ear hairs are shorter so oscillate faster (high frequencies) and if overloud snap off. Whistling is the brain turning up the gain to try and get a signal from it.. but it's not there and thus feedback whistling noise.

It's not as dangerous to have over loud bass/low frequencies. But still worth protecting.

Plus when wasted you don't notice how painfully loud it is compared to going in sober.

Pacha :

Some distortion due to phone speaker been saturated but it did sound a bit distorted anyhow imho.

With group, afterwards outside they couldn't hear what I was saying! :eek:

Those custom ones for sure I assume make you hear clearly, while also protecting you. But I get too out of it sometimes and I'm afraid of losing them. Plus, the foam ones give the best protection based on decibals. But yeah, sound is muffled, things get extra quiet during those breakdowns. I get some funny looks and comments, usually from the ladiez, but I know they just jealous.

Those custom ones for sure I assume make you hear clearly, while also protecting you. But I get too out of it sometimes and I'm afraid of losing them. Plus, the foam ones give the best protection based on decibals. But yeah, sound is muffled, things get extra quiet during those breakdowns. I get some funny looks and comments, usually from the ladiez, but I know they just jealous.
It can be a conversation starter ;)
Mine where around £18 so if lost no biggy. Have a few odd pairs in my collection now :D

another observation.

san antonio is cutting down on the open air party schedules.

both benimussa park as well as ibiza rocks hotel now have to turn down the music at 11pm for their open air events.

my take: while I understand that people have to be able to sleep and get up early in the morning (it happens here too, believe it or not), I really think stopping at 11 is harsh. that last hour before midnight is really when the vibe is cooking and if we are all completely honest, in summer the ibicencos don't really go to sleep THAT early. people only have dinner at 10/11 in the summer heat so won't go to sleep before midnight.

That's a little worrying. Are some of the indoor venues (amnesia, Eden etc) opening at 11? Used to be peeps leave midnight or near it and end up in another club (if have the staying power lol) was usually free bus to eden too.

Now have time to kill, so either west end or back to hotel I guess :?:

Or just use exact change... I don't trust these guys with having change
I dont trust them anyway! ;)Some of lucky guys aint too bad and can get good stuff, but when I bought from the streets last time was not a lucky lucky dude and what i had seemed like paracetomol:mad:

amnesia terrace
dc10 main room

Distinction: "amnesia terrace" said by stivi = "center front dancefloor amnesia terrace" ;)

Elsewhere on that terrace in many cases my experience has been the opposite; chalk it up to skylights and tile floor. But yes, why would you want to be anywhere BUT center front on any dancefloor...

I've also had some amazing sonic experiences courtesy of the Void system on the dc10 terrace, which has its sweet spots especially when pumping to the tribal/minimal sound from a few years back...Tania, Martinez Bros, etc. Can't speak for it in its current state (this was a while ago) but something about those sounds on that system just worked like no other.

Woomoon timings, what Time to Go not to miss The best parts? I'm a newbie For that Place, so wondering how to plan The night. IS There also proper food, or should we eat on Cala Jondal before that?

Speaking of Space I used to really adore the sound system on the terraza. The only word I could use to describe it was warm. You walked into that room and if had such clarity and depth, always blew me away.

But agreed in their current state Amnesia terrace and DC10 main room steal the show.

Back