*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Is there anywhere around PDB to get money out that isn't a cash machine? The rate on the machines is appalling!
It's only about €1.09 - 1.10 here at mo in UK:(

Some bars and other places exchange GBP notes for euros at slightly better rates. You'll see the boards outside showing rates.

If you're that worried just pop to local supermarket, buy some bits and bobs and ask at till if they can additionally scan the fifty as you're not sure if it's real.
I done exactly this and they told me it's fake! So ain't hopeful trying anywhere else just gunna expect I've been mugged right off!!

I think what's happening is your your being charged a thing called dynamic currency conversion. Basically they make up a shitty rate by billing your account in sterling.
To avoid this, When you put the card in a machine a message should appear with the dodgy rate saying the charge will be in GBP sterling.
Press No to this and carry on as normal. You'll then get the proper rate.

I think what's happening is your your being charged a thing called dynamic currency conversion. Basically they make up a shitty rate by billing your account in sterling.
To avoid this, When you put the card in a machine a message should appear with the dodgy rate saying the charge will be in GBP sterling.
Press No to this and carry on as normal. You'll then get the proper rate.
Here's a link which may explain it better
https://transferwise.com/gb/blog/choose-local-currency-at-foreign-atm

Our hotel tried to do this aswell when we were paying on arrival.
Good thing my friend noticed straight away and told them no as we have a booking for 18people paying full amount on arrival, that would have made a nice increase with their own currency conversion.

A tad harsh I feel. Ok you don't like it but to call the guy a knob? Cmon pal, you're the real knob for getting pissed off at a guy posting a video on an Internet forum.
he's free to post it, I'm free to call him out for it. I just find it sad that someone thinks enough of themselves to make a 20 min video of their holiday, and that loads of people want to watch it. Vein narcissist might be a less offensive word than knob, but it's harder to spell.

that is your opinion and whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, calling people names and insulting other members simply isn't what we want on here. not the first time I'm saying this, but some people are resistent to learn it sadly seems.
ok, sorry for using the word knob. Although I thought it was pretty tame tbh. But not sorry for being dead set against reality tv wannabes using this forum as their personal ego massager. 20 minute video blogs of your holiday with your mates. Even Andy Warhol thought 15 minutes was enough.

ok, sorry for using the word knob. Although I thought it was pretty tame tbh. But not sorry for being dead set against reality tv wannabes using this forum as their personal ego massager. 20 minute video blogs of your holiday with your mates. Even Andy Warhol thought 15 minutes was enough.

just the same as you are allowed to voice your opinion (as long as you watch your language and don't flame, insult or call other forum members any names you shouldn't), other members are also allowed to put their opinions and stuff on there. and while you may not agree with that vlog, it doesn't violate any forum rules. and it does include some club and island footage etc...so if you don't like the blurb, maybe just put it on mute? I repeat I really would like this forum to be (and stay) a friendly place and everyone has to do their own bit for that.

just the same as you are allowed to voice your opinion (as long as you watch your language and don't flame, insult or call other forum members any names you shouldn't), other members are also allowed to put their opinions and stuff on there. and while you may not agree with that vlog, it doesn't violate any forum rules. and it does include some club and island footage etc...so if you don't like the blurb, maybe just put it on mute? I repeat I really would like this forum to be (and stay) a friendly place and everyone has to do their own bit for that.
I appreciate that, and I'm aware of my language, but kn*b is actually quite tame, almost a term of endearment. You can be a 'bit of a kn*b' but you can only be a 'complete tw*t' or a 'total c*nt'. (I'm joking, obviously - I wouldn't want to offend anyone of a sensitive nature). I will keep the language clean, but if everyone on here just blindly said 'yeah, great' to everything, especially the relentless march towards the Vlog/Ushuaisa-isation of the island, and this forum, wouldn't it be a bit boring ? Or is that what you'd rather ?

but if everyone on here just blindly said 'yeah, great' to everything, especially the relentless march towards the Vlog/Ushuaisa-isation of the island, and this forum, wouldn't it be a bit boring ? Or is that what you'd rather ?

healthy discussion is absolutely encouraged as long as you keep the tone friendly.

Jump in the pool.with it in your pocket, go to the bar and get a round, pull the wet fifty from your shorts saying sorry mate its a bit wet..
Turns out the note was fake, tried this by running it under the tap and all the colours starting running! Hey ho guess you win some you lose some lesson learnt!

Back