Ibiza 2009 - When are you going and where will you be staying??

28 June 09 for my 12th trip.

Staying at El Coto Cala Gracio for 7 nights. Me, Kaz and 4 friends.

Looking forward to it already.......

When do they usually start announcing the line ups/confirmed nights? has there been any rumours yet?

feels like its fooking ages away!!

the way things looked in oct 2008 from the 6th till 24th.ibiza will be closing a lot early than normal.by the 24th pdb/san an ect was dead.god help all those who had booked the last week.by then almost all would of been shut.like i ay soon as space shuts its doors ibiza does.

... by the 24th pdb/san an ect was dead.
god help all those who had booked the last week.
by then almost all would of been shut.
like i ay soon as space shuts its doors ibiza does.
you didn´t had to wait til the 24th of october 2008:
compared to the "good old days" (= not long ago)
pdb was more or less a freaking ghosttown the whole summer.

with borabora being only a sad shadow of it´s former glory,
no space daytime-parties and many shops, restaurants closing very early etc
you almost could hear the deathwatch ticking ...

didn't think we were going next year cos we have somethin else (mainland spain) planned at easter AND i don't want to fly...
but looks like we may be able to do it after all by eurostar/ferry
looking at end of july/beginning of aug. may stay at the pacific again, or might go for somewhere in san an bay
8)

Booked a villa for 1 week, July 18th.

Can't wait. Fancied a change from the usual hotel madness. Getting too old.

Last edited by a moderator:

My first time in Ibiza will be 31st July - 14th August for two weeks. 18 of us went an booked today (sat 10th Jan) another 12 of the lads are going out on the 26th July and coming back on the 9th August

We are in two different hotels, Those going on the 31st July are stayin in the Casita Blanca apartments. All the lads besides myself have been before and i cant wait. They keep telling me storys and sending me videos online, im going to explode with excitement before i get there. Anyone got any tips/recomendations?

Cheers.

My first time in Ibiza will be 31st July - 14th August for two weeks. 18 of us went an booked today (sat 10th Jan) another 12 of the lads are going out on the 26th July and coming back on the 9th August

We are in two different hotels, Those going on the 31st July are stayin in the Casita Blanca apartments. All the lads besides myself have been before and i cant wait. They keep telling me storys and sending me videos online, im going to explode with excitement before i get there. Anyone got any tips/recomendations?

Cheers.

That Casita Blanca has a really nasty reputation, my tip is change hotels. Here's some reviews-

http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/2802...nca_Apartments-Holiday-Review-Full.html#95092

Think about it ! Each review is from a different person at a different time,the people who gave it 10 out of 10, can't say those that gave it 0 to 2 are wrong,they just had another experience and vice versa.

I would think twice about some where that has had a lot of bad reviews,particularly about the staff etc.

I know people who have been to the same place four times in a row,fantastic,loved it etc, then the last time they went there, plagued by a bunch of noisy offensive inconsiderates,can happen to anyone,anytime..:rolleyes:

I've been lucky so far..:eek:

Nothing concrete yet
but a mate is getting married and they had to move it forward to May
so he is allowed to have his stag after and its Ibiza!

probably a 3 nighter weekend at the end of June :D

Where would you recomend? some of the reveiws are bad, but some totally say that them reviews are bollocks.

Cheers.

I'm staying at Hotel Pacific for the second year in a row. Can't fault it one bit- good location, clean, full air-con and you can get a sleep when you need to without interruption. Might be a little more expensive than Casita Blanca but well worth a look.

Think about it ! Each review is from a different person at a different time,the people who gave it 10 out of 10, can't say those that gave it 0 to 2 are wrong,they just had another experience and vice versa.

I would think twice about some where that has had a lot of bad reviews,particularly about the staff etc.

I know people who have been to the same place four times in a row,fantastic,loved it etc, then the last time they went there, plagued by a bunch of noisy offensive inconsiderates,can happen to anyone,anytime..:rolleyes:

I've been lucky so far..:eek:

Fair points but I always do some research into a hotel before booking somewhere I've never stayed before.

Far too many reports of rooms/safes being broken into at Casita Blanca for my liking. I wouldn't take the risk.

Back