Ibiza '08 - highs/lows

No it was the first time I have ever been on a beach :rolleyes: the fact that I spent about £25 at the bloke's bar . . . . you get me? There are places (beach bars) around the world that offer the use of their beds provided you a ''customer'', I was certainly that
Sorry, just re-read my post and it came off quite condescending.. not my intention. All apologies.

And you're right, of course, some beach bars do have sunbeds for customers. But Ibiza's not the only place where that's not always the case.

Im not Mate. I only ever go to Ibiza for a long weekend these days, so its basically the same as going to Exit for a long weekend. And in My opinion there is no where thats better that listening to some good tunes with your pals that a castle in Serbia.

Dont get me wrong Ibiza will always have a special place in my heart, but for me the world is a big place and by spending my time and money in Ibiza, im missing out on the bigger picture.

Stop moaning here and start using Serbia spotlight forums ;)

sorry but this is laughable.

so what you lived in barcelona and know "spanish culture inside out"..........what authority does that give you exactly?

to decide whether ibiza is good or not?! as i said, if you don't like it, see ya! if you do, fins aviat!

this thread is getting retarded.... what's the point of people wading in with kicks NOW? - i've already explained the situation

my reply to 'Grego' is that I wasn't some novice washed ashore in San An bay - I've been visiting Spain for 33 years and have lived, worked and studied there at various points.... my point is, having tasted the club scene in Barcelona and on the coast in Sitges and on the Costa Brava and elsewhere in Spain, I had a vague idea of what I might find in similar resorts - I didn't expect the big club monsters to so completely dominate the south west resorts. It was a brutal awakening...

Now, posterity's a beautiful thing.. I NOW know I screwed up - how many times do I have to say that?! I've learnt my lesson. End of story.

this thread is getting retarded.... what's the point of people wading in with kicks NOW? - i've already explained the situation

my reply to 'Grego' is that I wasn't some novice washed ashore in San An bay - I've been visiting Spain for 33 years and have lived, worked and studied there at various points.... my point is, having tasted the club scene in Barcelona and on the coast in Sitges and on the Costa Brava and elsewhere in Spain, I had a vague idea of what I might find in similar resorts - I didn't expect the big club monsters to so completely dominate the south west resorts. It was a brutal awakening...

Now, posterity's a beautiful thing.. I NOW know I screwed up - how many times do I have to say that?! I've learnt my lesson. End of story.

what do you mean NOW, i was responding to what you said less than a couple of hours ago.

anyway, sorry you had a bad experience and hope that you get to know ibiza again sometime and see its beauty.

I think its interesting to read the highs and lows..

Like most of us here, I'm sad about daytime clubbing, and I don't get why there is a law against it, especially when hick, redneck conservative boring cities like Edmonton, where most people no nothing about clubbing has more relaxed laws than ibiza (but again, who wants to go clubbing outside when its minus 40? ;))

Anyway, bad things can happen, and they did before the daytime laws. My friends and I were robbed last year, last day of our trip, they stole clothes, bags, money, cameras, glasses etc.. that could have completely ruined Ibiza for me... but even when we were sitting in the police station getting a report, I didn't think that I wouldn't be coming back.

The cost has always been high. I remember meeting someone a few years ago who had gone on holiday to Ibiza every year from 87 - to 92 and he said it was over after that.... when MANY people on this board didn't start going to Ibiza until at least the mid-nineties.

I'm looking forward to my trip.. I can't wait.. despite the stupid new laws, a night out in Ibiza usually beats a night out in most places I go to

Ibiza evolves??

Some quotes to ponder:
I missed DC-10 - although everyone is saying it is not the same this year
Eden is a club which you would find in any UK city it lacks the globe of privillege the beauty of pacha...still too many pissers and (dare i say it) footy top wearers!
Pacha - REALLY expensive this year. 8 Euro for water, 10 for beer and soft drinks, 15 for mixed drinks !!! And about 40-50 euro to get in
Bora Bora plays chill during the day, music gets turned up and starts kicking about 5 till 12
Most overated night - Sundays @ Space
Cocoon - I don't know why this night doesn't receive more recognition 'coz it is definetley one of the best, if not THE best nights on the island.
Sound familiar?

These are from posts to this forum in 2002, six years ago!

Nothing much has changed in the last six years..

This whole thread absolutely infuriates me. I'll be back next year Olly, if you won't be, then Ibiza will be a better place.

Im going 1 week on Friday!! I dare not read the majority of this thread !!! CANTTTTTTT WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

Polar - loving the detective work from 2002 - that says it all really dosnt it!! :spank: :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
the beauty of ibiza's dissappearing you lot are just in denial been 5 times loved it feel emotional about the decline of it i'm gonna member the good times i had in ibiza and won't be returning to the island to witness the bad times

the beauty of ibiza's dissappearing you lot are just in denial been 5 times loved it feel emotional about the decline of it i'm gonna member the good times i had in ibiza and won't be returning to the island to witness the bad times

Maybe its time for you to move my man, nothing personal, but your opinion doesn't help.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
i am mate everyone i know who has been this year over 100 people have all said the vibe has dissappeared and didn't enjoy it as before , i am moving on mate as i say i wanna remember the good times i was there like the day the new terrace opened @ space van dyk and tiesto back to back @ cream etc , sunset strip will soon resemble a football stadium in time the way there going , a shame but all good things come to an end

i've just deleted a post here. i reckon that you can all express your differing opinions without resorting to name calling.

Olly, i'm sure you are a great person and i really got nothing against you, however i get the feeling (from your posts in several parts of these forums) that you simply don't belong in Ibiza!
Nothing personal, just business...

is the above some sort of joke.

----

morbyd, have you been to ibiza yet this season?

Back