How's Your Decade Been?

Lows

Dad dying
Depression=hospital stay it was that bad I wanted out.
Daughter with pneumonia last year
Having to work crap jobs under a **** mind set
The death of clubland in my head (stopped enjoying the music:cry:)

Highs

Becoming a dad 2007
My daughter beating pneumonia 2008
Music I produced played in Ibiza 2004
Getting engaged in Ibiza 2001
Getting Married 2008
Designing for Jack Nicklaus, Estee Lauder and more
Presenting Breakfast and Drive time shows on commercial radio.
Starting my own design company
Beating Depression
Starting up Kick Boxing
Having several great holidays in Ibiza

Thanks mate:))) its been a right old ding dong of emotions. The depression stuff was fuelled by suppressed heinous childhood memories flooding back it was like they happened at that point and then tying myself in knots trying to intellectualise my pain by reading poxy self help books. Not poo poo-ing them in total but in hindsight they did more damage than good.

The upside is I have nothing left internally to worry about as every stone is **** side up. Also the level of knowledge I have gleaned is amazing and I have an insight into the mind I could never have possibly had otherwise. This is now put to use in brand development:eek:. Sounds nuts but true.

Live and learn but I think over a life time we'll all be subject to crap that pushes us to the edge. *high fives and 2 fingered salutes to bad times all round*

Mines a JD8)

pretty sure I mentioned it on here before, no? Not a great story by any stretch looking back but, essentially, I went on a (ghastly) stag weekend to puerto banus in 2005 - crawling with lowrent UK celebrities up to no good - and the bulk of our group was (also) after a/gak b/whores or c/both - so some of us splintered off into another group after deciding we couldn't be arsed with all this nonsense and decided to go to some club which we thought might be slightly more interesting but which in actual fact was also full of expensive gak, expensive whores and €15 glasses of san miguel. Had to wear my friends spare shoes, (as all my brogues were located 2000 miles North) So we went desperately in search of good quality E but it seemed very much frowned upon in those blingy parts. Lining up at the bar wondering what I could possibly buy with a 5 euro note (a lime? a peanut?) I noticed those 2 standing next to me and somehow held back from asking the nagging question "whatever possessed AC Milan to buy you?" Along with another friend of mine, we left and hailed down a car (which MAY have been a taxi - but who I later suspected was actually a freelance Moroccan motorist passing by) driven by an extremely nervous freelance Moroccan. Brief chat with a heavily coked Luther about the media and music and then the moment we hit puerto banus we scarpered leaving them to foot the bill.

The last decade in Ireland was a real roller coaster of a ride called the celtic tiger, a credit fueled party which we are all paying for now, with a massive hangover and an economy on the brink of Bankruptcy.

Highlights (that I remember) Set up a world first company that rode the dragon and benefited from all the associated kudos.

Left said company after too much workload and BS with one of those "im not going to be the person you expect me to be any longer" moments

Settled down, acquired mortgage bought first house and with it my first child a girl, who was born premature, so lots of associated pressure that fed into my decision to quit job.

Back to basics now doing a low paid job but im happy and no pressure. Lots of time to spend at home.

Re -Training to set up a new project, an online, left of center, media and information company.

With the same wonderful partner as I was 15 years ago. Now Engaged:eek:

Lowpoints.....lost many close friends and family. I think as you get older you get to travel to many more weddings and Funerals.

Back