How Old is To Old

D

DENTHEMEN

Hello everybody

A simple question :

I am 43 yrs old , going to playa den bosa in august .

Went last year loved it so much i just can't stop playing dance music
i'm married with 2 children 15 and 11.

do you think i'm too old for this ? (or should i grow old gracefully) ?

would be greatful for any replies.

lots of love dennis xxx :oops:

not too old my man....leave the wife and kids home and you'll be hangin hi

stephen said:
you're too old!

:?: :?: :?:
I thought that clubbers were much more open minded than that...
I feel that it's a way of life, and has nothing to do with age.

When I see older....ahhhmmm...more mature people ;) on the dance floor, I feel so much happiness and respect for them, that they are being true to themselves.

Go for it Dennis, hope to see you shakin' your bootie this summer in the isle of paradise :D

Sorry, but being an over 40 myself, i wouldn't dream of going to a club - even if you paid me.
the music is terrible
it's loud
full of sweaty young people
it costs a fortune to get in
the drinks are expensive
there are queues
you can't get home afterwards because there isn't sufficient transport
for some unknown reason all this activity takes place when i like to be in bed
come on now, anybody over 30 who will put up with these conditions has something seriously wrong with them.

for me growing older is about becoming a little more shall we say 'sophisticated' and 'relaxed'

you'll understand in another 20 years.

dennis - i'm sure you were young once - now's the time to enjoy not being young. it's so much nicer.

:rolleyes: With all due respect, Stephen, but what you're saying may be right for you, but for other people it may just be complete and utter bullshit. Enjoying a good club night is probably a lot more sophisticated than sitting in front of the TV with a glass of red wine and crisps. There will be always be people who may be in their 20s but in their minds they are even older than you, but there a also quite a bunch of people who are older than you but who stayed young and open-minded. My parents are a lot older than you but compared to them you sound like a Granny. To be honest when I read your post I couldn't believe that such such crap could be produced by someone who lives in Ibiza, the most open-minded place on this planet. :twisted:

I'm sorry if my post comes across as a bit harsh, but it's always a bit difficult to express your opinion/feelings in a foreign language, you can never do it the way you'd express them in your mother language. :confused:

my dad 55, he retires to ibiza at the end of the year, and yes he does the clubs well el davino and pacha any way

hey hey.

i expressed my opinion. that's ok. i don't think i mentioned prohibition anywhere.

like i said, ibiza is big enough for lots of people. i'm happy going to the bars, restaurants, concerts, walks, cycle rides, sails, et etc that i like to do. each to their own.

Stephen

stephen said:
hey hey.

i expressed my opinion. that's ok. i don't think i mentioned prohibition anywhere.

like i said, ibiza is big enough for lots of people. i'm happy going to the bars, restaurants, concerts, walks, cycle rides, sails, et etc that i like to do. each to their own.

As I think you know by now, I'm very much with you on this one and contrary to another posting staying well clear of clubs does not involve sitting in front of the telly. I much, much prefer to go out to a favourite restaurant with my wife and friends and spend several hours enjoying the wine, food, company and conversation( yes thats what you can partake in when not in a club) rather than be deafened with music I don't like. Each to their own - long may the clubbers go to Ibiza but just how much money it means to the island if their holiday is only clubbing is open to debate

stephen said:
Sorry, but being an over 40 myself, i wouldn't dream of going to a club - even if you paid me.
the music is terrible
it's loud
full of sweaty young people
it costs a fortune to get in
the drinks are expensive
there are queues
you can't get home afterwards because there isn't sufficient transport
for some unknown reason all this activity takes place when i like to be in bed
come on now, anybody over 30 who will put up with these conditions has something seriously wrong with them.

With what you said there it suprises me that you're a moderator of this forum which does lean predominantly towards the culture and dance music scene in Ibiza. If you don't want the job I'll happily take over your moderators post and let you retire to your comfy slippers and mug of hot chocolate.

Dennis, you're not too old, I saw plenty of people in Ibiza who looked like they were well into their 40's, 50's and they were enjoying themselves.

many thanks for your kind offer gecko. it will however be some while before i hang up my moderators boots to retire to my hot chocolate - actually one of my favourite tipples combined with a tasty churro - and slippers.

as for my attitude - i think it is a fair reflection of the whole island of ibiza - something which as yet, god bless it, this forum is not. i think it's a case of demographics - younger folk are more computer literate and noisier - hence the number of younger users here as opposed to say Tony and myself. however i would have thought that the uniform equality of most posts on here is a little unstimulating and a different viewpoint would be welcome.

hope this makes sense to you.

Stephen I totally respect your opinion but being that I'm turning 30 this year I find your comments that anyone over 30 who can deal with the noise, sweat etc....to be alarming. I understand where you are coming from when you mention certain undesireable aspects of the clubbing experience and yes I'm totally with you on those aspects, but for me its truly about the music and wanting to dance... In Toronto I'm quite blessed with having access to certain "VIP" sections which normally allow me to be removed from the masses but I can assure you if Digweed was coming to town and I didn't have my connections I would line-up and go and see him and be squished with the masses...I consider these events to be my own personal concert and the DJ's are the bands...

The only thing that really, truly disturbs me about the clubbing experience is seeing people totally out of their minds and looking extremely young....It freaks me out and makes me wonder where the parent figures are and what is so messed up in their lives that makes them want to be totally "rocked off their tits".

I say if you enjoy the music, can handle the various aspects of the clubbing experience and want to dance, by all means go for it, you only have one life so enjoy and be responsible....!!!!

there is no point in trying to "convince" stephen to become a clubber - i know people half his age who don´t enjoy clubbing and prefer a nice bar or restaurant. And they won´t change!

so, it´s NOTHING to do with age, it´s just the different interests...
regardless of age:

some people like to dance, some people don´t!
some like to listen to loud music, some don´t! and...
some people like to be in a crowd, some prefer being with a few good friends.

What about that 64 Year old woman on Ibiza Uncovered that time!!

Back