How Old is To Old

genuine question

I cannot understand for the life of me why any bloke/woman can be paid a fortune to play a few records - stick it on the turntable, give it a twirl and off it goes - doesn't matter who does it - or does it?

bbc6673 said:
The only thing that really, truly disturbs me about the clubbing experience is seeing people totally out of their minds and looking extremely young....It freaks me out and makes me wonder where the parent figures are and what is so messed up in their lives that makes them want to be totally "rocked off their tits".
quote]

What about us oldies 30+ that
luv being
"rocked off their tits".

Definate point of dispute here

If you're talking about me, trust me the old days of being foolish are far behind me, Thank GOD!!! My only vice is weed, which is semi-legal in Canada so all is good in my world.

As for the older women and men who are really messed up, I agree they freak me out as well but TO tends to get young crowds out so that's what I'm used to....A little generalization but really it shouldn't be about drugs, it really should be about the music....

Stephen, first of all I want to express my respect for you and your lifestyle. It's as good as anyone else as long as it offers passion for life and enjoyment.

However, I must say the next summer I'm going to Ibiza to enjoy part of my vacation, and apart from me and my partner will probably come some more friends, one of them over 40, who from time to time likes clubbing. I think he's not too old to do it provided he feels good by doing it.

Moreover, we don't have in mind to spend all days clubbing at all. I also love beaches and swimming and diving in the sea, so much as clubbing and going to the bars. We'll even spend more days visiting little coves than going to Amnesia, Space, etc. The age is not a factor to determine when you gotta stop and change your lifestyle, but your mind.

Anyway I insist to say that what you like to do in the island you live in is a very good choice. Lots of people would pay anything just for that. ;)

Strewth man.....chill winstons..everyone has a personal taste.Im 29yrs old and love ibiza full stop.....for all aspects.The vibe.The music.The scenery..sunsets (got engaged there 2001 at cafe del mar). I think with stephens post its possible that its just a case of familiarity breeds contempt.
Also for some people dancing just dosent tick there tock.Thats the way some people are I guess.

I live in london which is one of the biggest tourist hot spots in the world but most of the time it gets on my tits big time.But to suggest that people over 30 who luv music and enjoy a good HARMLESS knees up have something wrong with is ignorant.

People that shit on other peoples lifes in a big way are people that have something wrong with them.
If being over 30 and being able to dance away and let loose for 1-2 weeks or whatever is wrong (in ure opinion)then I want to have something wrong with me for the rest of my life. Whats the problem. I pay my bills, abide by the law , and like most people I work all year round so theres nish wrong with letting go from time to time.
Dancing to the music I choose(Which does have very strong roots despite what some people might say) is my way of enjoying myself.
Some people luv a knees up so much they dont give a toss whos lookin or how many years they have been on this planet.
But then by the same token.I enjoy other stuff like a lazy stroll...restaurants....wine etc etc etc.

One of my mates is quite big in the Djing world and plays every 2 weeks in ibiza in the summer and prefers your choice.Hence that old chestnut of familiarity breeds contempt.

No offence taken dude.Just my opinion which is based on how I choose to live.Which of course equates to what you said....JUST your opinion. NO FACTS..... :confused:

Stephen...
Your views are fine but tarring all 30 somethings with the same brush is not.
My friend Andy turns 40 in May and he's got years left in him yet. (He looks a damn site better than most 20 somethings out there too!)

Sorry everybody. I've been able to use the exact science of interpolation, looking back from my present to my past. You however are landed with the less exact art of extrapolation, looking forward from your present to your future. A nigh on impossible task!
I'm going to be so 'controversial' again, but this time I'm having a go at 'twenty-somethings'

I say that any 25 year old who…..
Hangs about on a cold wet street corner at night with a gang of 15 year olds, shouting at girls, and doing wheelies on scooters
Likes the Blazin squad
Has posters of Becks and Britney on his bedroom walls
Plays ping-pong down at the youth club every Thursday evening
Wears his baseball cap back to front and has his tracky- bottoms tucked into his white socks…….

Has something seriously wrong.

Am I correct?

stephen said:
Sorry everybody. I've been able to use the exact science of interpolation, looking back from my present to my past. You however are landed with the less exact art of extrapolation, looking forward from your present to your future. A nigh on impossible task!
I'm going to be so 'controversial' again, but this time I'm having a go at 'twenty-somethings'

I say that any 25 year old who…..
Hangs about on a cold wet street corner at night with a gang of 15 year olds, shouting at girls, and doing wheelies on scooters
Likes the Blazin squad
Has posters of Becks and Britney on his bedroom walls
Plays ping-pong down at the youth club every Thursday evening
Wears his baseball cap back to front and has his tracky- bottoms tucked into his white socks…….

Has something seriously wrong.

Am I correct?

Well, I think a 25 yo who behaves like that shows he's a litlle immature certainly. But I don't think that people at their 30s or 40s who like going out at night to the bars and clubs are so asshole to do that. Maybe there's still a considerable proportion of idiot 25 yo's who like to get drunk and shout by the streets, and smash littler bins, but it's a pathetic image. I guess at 25 people in general is aware enough not to behave that way.

Fxxxed if I know anyone whos 25 and behaves like that :eek:.If thats how far you have come in your time then hats and baseball caps off to ya big man. :) seriously though...When you generalise by using dick heads as a yard stick to measure everyone that happens to be the same age as them isnt that putting yourself on a pedestal in some way?

Therefore assuming the im ok and your not ok position??? Which is what Freud concluded is unhealthy initself.

I do happen to know of some pretentious toffy nose twats who constantly spout on about culture and the arts...yawwwwwnnnnnnn.....xxxxing wannabes who just plagerise and recite the work of famous pioneers.Then worry constanty about what regenald would think I if they was seen enjoying themselves.:oops:

Had a glass of wine with a lovely lady once who was trapped by that lifestyle..and she hated it.

A smile....not worrying about my image....letting myself go .....degrading myself to hang with these types...With My Reputation...
Right.....wheres my puddin..... :D

all i am saying is that as we grow older we change.

this does not mean that people don't have the same propensity to have fun, just that 'normally' (a loaded word if ever there was one) we have fun in different ways.

i have no idea what i will be doing when I'm 64, but I'm ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN it won't be what i do now. that's life and wouldn't it be sooooooo boring if we were just trapped in the time warp of what we did when we were 25 for the rest of our lives.

believe me i have no regrets at all about growing older - my tastes have changed - that's all.

Finally if any of you are doing the same thing in 15 years time I'll show my backside in Selfridge's window!

I don't pretend to put myself on a pedestal Coley (if you were referring to me). But there are many things to spend a great night different than 'degrading myself'. Anyway, how far do you like to go? I do like to lough out loud with my friends, and drink and I sometimes use drugs. I don't consider myself a toffy guy.

But another thing is to lol by the streets at night when some people's sleeping, and don't like any kind of vandalism. I caused my troubles and pranks when I was a brat. But I think that's stupid at 25 (now I'm 28 ). The key is respect for the people if you want them to respect you. The Ibiza spirit's based on it. And you can spend a brilliant night anyway. It's easy! (well...I don't pretend to seem kinda mystic ;) :lol: )

I hope not to judge you bad, maybe you're not like that , so I ask you how far is your limit?

Where´s Den by the way.

Den here's my advice.

if you go to a club just say these magic words

Peter Stringfellow

and they´ll let you in for free!

tell em DJ Biff sent you

different strokes etc.
i am 36 and have fun going out and dancing. i didn't do this at eighteen coz there was no house music then and the music was pretty rubbish in the late eighties. in fact, i didn;t start clubbing till my mid 20s. i had a good 6 years off and it was only a couple of years back when i first went to ibiza that i started going clubbing again.

i have a cousin who is the straightest person i know. late 20s, married happily with 3 kids etc etc. I was talking to her at a family do a while back she said that she and her family go to ibiza regularly on holiday and that they loved the water park in playa den'bossa.

Get this: she was completely unaware that a club called 'space' was located next door.
Judge no-one and let each have the holiday they wish. It's what the island is all about

hear hear.....well said :) Judges 2:11...if he is a knees up brethen.let he haveth a knees up.If he is a chlleth brethren..let him chill. Do not judge for the judge is standing at the decks.Let your TUNE be TUNE and your 'AVE IT be AVE IT.Amen.

TigerVlc said:
I don't pretend to put myself on a pedestal Coley (if you were referring to me). But there are many things to spend a great night different than 'degrading myself'. Anyway, how far do you like to go? I do like to lough out loud with my friends, and drink and I sometimes use drugs. I don't consider myself a toffy guy.

I hope not to judge you bad, maybe you're not like that , so I ask you how far is your limit?

Stephen I think what you saying is totally valid is terms of changin as we get older.Yes..I couldnt agree more. I look back at things I done when I was 18 and cringe.I think most people here feel that you generalised too much by saying what you said and one thing I try not to do is label people. Using a major premise :-all people over 30 who go clubbing are wrong.....Minor Premise.you are 30....conclusion....you are wrong ,isnt really a good way to look at things without developing a form of prejudice.something we probably have all been gulity of at some stage.

Cmon you know that aint right to corner people like that...thats all most of us are saying.

As for the guy above.I didnt mean anything so please accept my apologies.When rome I do as the romans do....I respect the laws of the land. I luv ibiza for its people.the feeling.the music..basically everything...I always tip the staff at bars..have a laugh with them..I not one of these who gets all pissed up beyond control and makes a complete cxxt of myself by disrespecting the locals and generally being a pleb.

What I meant about pedestal was I have a pet hate of class war."I do this so that makes me a better person than you." Each to there own...pissed Assholes exist in all walks of life...They might try it on in a club or act a bollox in a plush restaurant by slingin a glass at a waiter...

Ps dont touch the drugs..music and a drink is enough for ME...

darlin if you want to go clubbing at 43 then go for it! let's face it in a few years your kids may want to do the same, and (provided you don't make a fool out of them) seeing the environment for yourself will help you empathise much more than being a stuffed up couch and slippers parent. Good on you for having the courage to do it! Never feel too old. Took my mum (mid 50s) clubbing one night to trade. she charmed pretty much everyone and managed to get a line off some trannny.... sure clubs tend to be the preserve of the young, but don't let that put you off! throw a little glitter into those crows feet and show the world you can still party!

Back