How Old is To Old

yes this certainly is a hot topic.

Can i just say that have you not noticed how the general clubbing population has become older in terms of the mix of people going clubbing. i guess it's due to people who got into clubbing ten years ago and are still involved in the scene and still enjoy it. Maybe in ten years time we will be getting posts asking "do you think i am too old to go clubbing at 53"

in ibiza 4th -9th july and can't wait

Well I will be spending my 30th birthday this May at Cream in Liverpool watching/listening to PVD.

I'm nowhere near close to giving up!! I have friends of all ages that I know through clubbing from 19 to 53. Age is a state of mind and we all have different interests in our lives. I'd rather go clubbing with someone older who was passionate about the music and the whole clubbing experience than with someone younger who just didn't get it.

Dublin Born said:
yes this certainly is a hot topic.

Can i just say that have you not noticed how the general clubbing population has become older in terms of the mix of people going clubbing. i guess it's due to people who got into clubbing ten years ago and are still involved in the scene and still enjoy it. Maybe in ten years time we will be

Yep......thats certainly the case.When I started going clubbing in 1990 the whole thing was really only gathering pace. 1991 we started getting alot of warehouse raves. Personally I came away for a few years( 94-96) because of my football but got back into the swing of things back in 96 when I was 22. I remember back then some of my then mates were trying to tell me to settle down and that im getting too old.......at 22 for gawds sake!!!
So yeah, nowdays getting a mortgage and holding a secure job aint as easy as it was years ago. So now Ive certainly noticed alot of people from late 20's into early 50's even at some clubs.
All this nostalgia and tunes from back in the day doing the rounds again are certainly helping people keep an open mind to clubbing....Only my personal opinion...but yeah...its harmless...and life can be so hard at times so we all need to escape for some hard earned euphoric fun from time to time.
So if thats our way of escape then it shoulnt matter if ure 18 or 58. :p

Haha ... Am so gonna revive this post !

OOh dear Stephen, you certainly put the kitty amonsty the pigeons when you started out ! (Chuckle ) In saying that, I know what you mean .... I think you go through different stages in life ...

For the last 14 years we have been utterly and totally content staying at home with our two children. We still had a love of music and took both girls to Prince concerts from a young age .. ( yes, they liked the music too! ) ... we had, and still do have, music nights at home, where we all have a go on the decks and choose our favourite tunes of the moment ... we also do lots of other normal family type stuff ...

Last year tho, I went down to London, and was introduced to the joy that is "clubbing" and wasn't Zanzibars! I came back totally enthused ... grabbed my man by the hand and dove onto various message boards to try and find clubs round and about where I live that were playing the sort of music we like.

Our first night was at Remedy in Sheffield .. Inland Knights .. and I have to say .. we were totally bowled over.
The burst of adrenaline on hearing the thump of the bass as we neared the club had us totally addicted!

We're now in our "re-clubbing" phase ... and club every other weekend .. and still have our music nights at home .... these now include the girl's friends ... and we have quite a good little party!

I think you go through phases in life ... and I'm just enjoying a wild one again!

.. and actually, gotta add here that until last year, Mike and I had never been "clubbing" as such, together - ever! We'd been to gigs; Gil Scott Heron, Maze, Womack and Womack, Prince, to name a few, but we had never been out "dancing" .....
I was into a different genre of music to him ... I was a Northern Soul Girlie; dancing the nights away in Wigan, Manchester, Stroud, Peterborough, Coalville ... whilst he was a Jazz/Funky type of guy .... so our clubbing nights never matched!

Last year, it was great to share socially, this love of music that we have! Brought us even closer ... hence why I am so excited about this trip to Ibiza ...

Oh, and personally, it's music that's kept my spirit young!

Re: genuine question

Tony said:
I cannot understand for the life of me why any bloke/woman can be paid a fortune to play a few records - stick it on the turntable, give it a twirl and off it goes - doesn't matter who does it - or does it?
Have u ever tried it? Its not that easy ... believe me

As for the age thing ... if u wanna go go if not don't go :)

DENTHEMEN said:
Hello everybody

A simple question :

I am 43 yrs old , going to playa den bosa in august .

Went last year loved it so much i just can't stop playing dance music
i'm married with 2 children 15 and 11.

do you think i'm too old for this ? (or should i grow old gracefully) ?

would be greatful for any replies.

lots of love dennis xxx :oops:
Just had a week in Ibiza with my daughter and grandson.....i,m going back in September on my own....Itinerary...Space ..Bora Bora ..Pin up..Pacha..El Divino...when i started clubbing 35 years ago ,nobody said there was a time limit.......go for it......

You’re never too old to enjoy yourself and if going clubbing is how you like to enjoy yourself then there should be no age limit. A hell of a lot of big name djs are all in their forties and no one says that to them. Each to there own and all that.

Look at the little Captain Birdseye man that always goes to Pacha! He must be about 70 and he’s always there in the middle of the dance floor having the time of his life.

Clubbing’s not about age its about your attitude and if dancing about and getting sweaty to dance music is what you like to do then don’t ever let your age put you off.

8)

Lwt my put my spin to this discussion:
Im 26, pushing 27 and sometimes feel like I have the enthusiasm like a teenager - like writing messages in these forums. My husband, who´s pushing 38 (11 years gap between us) is a Club DJ for a living, so when we go out he plays the records and i dance like a mad woman on the floor below haha! He LOVES dance music and becuz of his profession Im always up to date with what´s going on....He´s not childish, a no-brain and shallow...he´s my danceloving husband and it keeps us young. However peoples comment on him "needing to grow up" is a sad thing

Was it god´s intent to put us on this planet to have fun for 25 years of our life, and once we reached 25 we schould stay at home watch the telly and let other people live their lives?? I dont think i want to spend the rest of my live - a good 60 years approx if im lucky - at home bored to death - Id rather be clubbed to death younger then....

YES! Ifear getting older and i DONT want to end up as one of those pathetic people in a rediculous outfit, screaming "i have an age problem" - believe me, but i still want to go out, have fun, get drunk - even in my late 30´s without people preaching about moral standards.........

Stephen, fair enuff you´ve probably had your share of fun, have kids (my husband has a girl himself) - but life schould be lived to the max....not under the blankets in front of the telly (said the girl who spends a LOT of time in front of the comp!) hihi!!

thank god we are all different!!!

Ibiza-girlie said:
Was it god´s intent to put us on this planet to have fun for 25 years of our life, and once we reached 25 we schould stay at home watch the telly and let other people live their lives??

thank god we are all different!!!

Exactly. :D

Aww .. I feel less old now ! lol

Actually .. I love the way I am ... I wouldn't change it for anything! I stand in the playground waiting for Hols and look around at other women .. some of whom I went to school with ... what is it with some people, who automatically turn into their parents when they have kids?

I have to THINK about things more .. I can't just bugger off to an after party without making arrangements for the children even tho Hannah is on her way to 16 ... and I maybe don't do other things I would quite like to for fear of what MAY happen and what WOULD happen with the girls should anything go wrong ... but, whilst I have sensible responsibility, I think I can safely say that I'm a BIG KID at heart!

Saffy you are my role model i wanna be exactly like you when i mature....
I dont wanna have kids now, but when I do i dont wanna be a boring mommy, even though i know there are things that need ajusting.
Im beginning in school again this fall, want to work in marketing, it´s gonna take me 3 years, but who says i cant do this in my mid 20´s?

age is nothing but a number although some people act older than they have to!

Ibiza-girlie .. :oops: Am chuffed!

Please come over and tell my elder daughter all this .. he he!

Well I'm 34 and have two young children who I love to bits. I dont get out like I used to but hold onto special weekends when I meet up with friends and get wrecked and boogie. I still have a good job, a loving partner who totally supports me in this and I can still enjoy lots of other aspects of my life.

In fact I work in the NHS with older people (over 65) and think that it is quite insulting to think that life ends at 25...that you should be told what to like and not like

PS Stephen I wonder if you were ever into dance music \ clubbing :?:

the absolutely fabulous strains of 'wheels on fire' are drifting across my imagination, sweeties.

older but wiser??

stephen said:
all i am saying is that as we grow older we change...

Finally if any of you are doing the same thing in 15 years time I'll show my backside in Selfridge's window!

I am 39, and Ibiza regular..me and 26 friends (mostly younger by 1-10 years) are staying in a villa to celebrate my 40th this year. We are going to some nice restaurants and bars, hangin out at the beach, and yes of course DANCE OUR ASSES OFF to quality music with the best party crowd on the planet.

Lets see, there's alot of things I wouldn't dream of doing now that I did five years, let alone 15 years ago. BUT...i've been dancing with and enjoying the company of good friends and music for over 15 years, enjoying good food and wine in restaurants for over 15 years, and yes even having sex for over 15 years... will that qualify for Stephen to show his backside at selfridges?? Probably not a pretty sight anyhow (but who am I to judge how he gets his kicks;) Come on peops, I am sure you can come up with a few of the same things you've been doin for 15 years, lets start a campaign to get stephens backside in the shop window. hahaha

I'll live while I am alive and sleep when I am dead! :lol:

Back