How much is everyone gonna spend?

Last year I spent about £1,200 for 2 weeks and this year I'm planning on taking at least £1000 with the credit card as back-up. I'm a lot tighter for money this year what with being at Uni so I'm not really sure where i'll get the money from but I'm sure i'll find it sumwhere!

I don't know how I did it but I managed to spend under £600 during my 2 weeks in Ibiza last year.

I went to all the big nights, Manumission twice, Space 3 times, Cream, Judgement Sundays, Ministry etc.

I think the way I got away with it was I'd would always buy my tickets in advance with flyers which is worth it just to get the free drink in most cases.

Also alot of the clubs will stamp your hand so u can leave and come back which is great if u prefer paying 50p for a bottle of water instead of £5.

Its easy to smuggle bottles into clubs but if u get caught I hear u will get kicked out and maybe even barred so It's not really worth the risk.

one last tip - looky looky men are selling the cheapest 'things ;) ' on the Island if u bargain with them and they don't f*** u about like alot of the dodgy people in the clubs will.

This year I'm taking £600 again and my bank card, I'm sure I'll need it.

I'm a student - is it that obvious?

Oh bugger Ive got £1800 for three months (plus whatever I can get for whatever job I can find)

What are the baked beans like in Ibiza?

Well we are just taking what we can afford, which incidentally isnt much at all, and if it isnt enough then we just hit the beach and top up our tan! Unfortunately we have had an expensive year that isnt about to get any cheaper so we just take what we can scrape together, the upside is that we wont be blowing most of it on clubbing. I wont say wasting because I am sure it would be far from a waste if we were actually IN the clubs, but we cant afford it and its not what we are going over there for anyway.

LOL, I spent €1400 in the hotel bar(including food) alone last year! Dread to think how much the total spend was, I've never dared add it up properly, LOL

People seem to spend a hell of a lot, i got by last year with £850 for 2 weeks.

Went to the big clubs nearly everynight.
Ate well
Did plenty during the day
Drunk well, and indulged a bit as well. ;)
And we spent a grand total of 20 mins in the west end as well, instead we always went to Bar m, kanya, Mambo's etc.

The key is to not throw money away. Drink BEFORE u go to a club, then just have one or 2 in there to maintain you. Buy tickets the day before the nights, so they are cheaper. Don't buy sh1te! If u like 'indulging' then don't buy in a club, find someone cheap.

I was there for 4 days last May with a bachelor party. Took £300 and returned home with £100. I was in Es Paradis two nights too, paid 30 Euros the first night and got in free the second with a flyer from a PR. Hardly drank inside of course.

I saw someone say on one of these boards that 100 Euros per day is a good guide if you intend clubbing most nights, as long as you don't go daft with the drinks.

I'm going 2nd June for a week, but, I'm in a bit of a dilema. I'm seriously thinking of trying to get some regular DJ gigs, if I can, then I'm prepared to stay the full season. So, how much should I take? I would have to find long term accomodation, which would probably mean a couple months deposit, etc. Probably easiest to take the plastic as well as cash I suppose.

Was going with the g/f but we split up 2 weeks ago (she's got big ears anyway :lol: ). Damn, I've paid for it all, flights & hotel, and haven't got her half of the dosh. Anybody fancy a cheap hol?

Later
DJ Soulman 8)

Ha ha, think X-Amount got it right with 'no amount will be enough'.

I spend about £1000 (of the bank's ;)) money a week. f***ing ridiculously expensive!

I think the people that spend a lot of money are big drinkers
Alcohol while out in bars or clubs is expensive.
If ur like me and don't drink loads then it will be a lot cheaper.
i usually have a few drinks b4 going out and then a few drinks while i'm out. water is expensive but its best to make it last and sip it.

I plan to...

Spend as little as possible...but will end up spending more than I intended...Will think i have spent less than i have....but when the bank finally catches up...will have spent more than i thought!

same as every other year then :lol:

macdonsj said:
I plan to...

Spend as little as possible...but will end up spending more than I intended...Will think i have spent less than i have....but when the bank finally catches up...will have spent more than i thought!

same as every other year then :lol:

Thats uncanny!!
wreck.gif

Exactly the same as me!!!

I didnt drink hardly anythin in 2001 and I spent a shit load. Its the club entry that stings ya- that year I paid to get into all top clubs every night, the only club I got into free was subliminal@pacha!

At least when it comes to club tickets you can preplan your money properly
I mass buy my tickets for bigger discounts at the start of the holiday

I dont think there will be a great deal open when I am there apart from pacha, but with a bit of luck a friend of mine will have got me on the guest list! Ahhh, what it is to know people!
leb.gif

about $400 USA. I don't know how much Euros that is. The Euro fluctuates about $.10 above the worth of the dollar to about $.10 below the worth of the dollar all the time, so somewhere about 400 Euros.

dfunky

I mass buy my tickets for bigger discounts at the start of the holiday

Dfunky, does that work mass buying tickets
as i'm going for 3 weeks and i know i'm gonna do 3 creams @ amnesia and 3 Sundays at space
so if bulk buy, will i get it cheaper
if yes from where?

cheers! :D

Back