How long til' you go?

We’re thinking about booking up again for 4 nights in October for DC10 closing. What’s it like in San An in October, dead? And what’s the weather like?

We’re thinking about booking up again for 4 nights in October for DC10 closing. What’s it like in San An in October, dead? And what’s the weather like?
Dunno about San An, but the weather will be warm (as will the sea) day and night but changeable (bit like the UK summer but on heat), plenty of good clear days but mixed in with days of heavy cloud and thunderstorms. But go for it, the lightning's worth the holiday in itself! But I went a couple of years ago for a week and never saw a cloud.
Days will be short though, less than 12 hours and even though they are GMT+2 it goes dark around 7.30pm mid-month, but fantastic for sunset-watching with that special person.
Or the wife.

No kids.. haven't told my mrs yet but she's cool. Only like knowing if we're going soon,so ill leave it till around September to tell her..thought I only had 59hrs holidays left in work but found out today I had 77hrs..:)
Loving the Countdown, it will go quick too, nice surprise for your Mrs, your daughter will prob be gutted!:p:D:D

291 days...

Now down to 3. We depart St.Thomas Saturday afternoon, and stay overnight in Puerto Rico. Sunday evening we fly transat overnight to Spain, arriving in the afternoon on Monday!

Actually this ended up being 305 days since the original post. This weekend we finally ship out after a couple of natural disasters and a few airline cancellations and rebookings, including a small one this week. The silver lining was that the cancelled flights allowed me to stay later in the season on a cheap flight.

This was a long year in many respects, I am not sure I would ever buy my airfare so far in advance again at 11.5 months! The wait was terrible, but the forum helped make it bearable. I guess misery loves company.

Last edited:
I know it’s a cliche, but it does get harder and harder coming back each time and I’m only young!

...however feeling recovered since arriving home last week and ready to go again in 44 days! :D

I have absolutely no interest in the music or the clubs or paying anything over a fiver for a drink and still go back one or twice a year...

I know it’s a cliche, but it does get harder and harder coming back each time and I’m only young!

...however feeling recovered since arriving home last week and ready to go again in 44 days! :D
That's the great thing about the internet and cheap flights/hotel sites, just get home, log on, book again for next month! In the bad old days I used to sit at a desk at my travel agent's after spending hours going through those telephone-directory brochures; he's take a hour on the phone, on Prestel and finally, after parting with more money than today, the ticket would be posted to me a week later.

Hmmmph.

The only excitment about ibz is one week b4 ur trip
but b4 take it easy , no need to burst yourself b4 & get into ibz cooked 1rs day :D
Afic, im resting the much i can :lol: Ibz the old fart way in Paris :cool: but once in IBZ, got my youth back!! :twisted:

Back