Hotel discussion thread

A bit of a random question, but other than Ryan's in Figueretas, is there another hotel in the same area that lets you use the pool area even if you're not a guest, as long as buy drinks etc at their bar?
Es Vive.

Stayed at Ibiza Gran Sol again last week. Really is a great hotel for the price. Great location, reasonably priced, facilities above expected, spotlessly clean and nice staff. Cant go wrong there
Enjoyed my time there. Only thing was that the pool was BLOODY FREEZING at the end of September. Good for the circulation though.....

If anyone is looking for somewhere half decent in the bay area, I just stayed at Hotel Bergantin. Decent price and a nice mixture of ages as I was solo. I didnt spend too much time in the hotel but would stay again.
I often go to Playa Pinet(Reggae Beach) for afternoons as reggae is my thing which is a short walk round the bay. I liked that it was halfway between the far end of the bay and town. Water Taxi at S'estanyol only a couple of minutes walk/taxi rank around the corner for Ibiza town etc. Ideal location for mornings walking off hangovers.
I went all inclusive as the price was a mere £100 extra,I probably drank that in beer and hierbas while relaxing in the bar/adults only pool for short periods. Ate in the hotel once for breakfast, once for lunch just to say I had more than anything. Had a Paella on everyday plus all the other usual suspects, egg station, grilled meat or fish selection everyday.

Last edited:
Looking to book Hotel Abrat 23rd September for 10 nights. Apparently there is a building site next door. Does anyone know anything about this? Would they be working on site if we leave 3rd October?

Anyone stayed at the Fergus Bahamas? TIA
I stayed there are few years back and was impressed with it for the price I paid (I got get a very very good deal for b&b).
I don't normally bother with breakfast but it was worth going down for, if only for a few glasses of cava and juice.

The rooms had just been refurbed at the time and we're clean and comfortable.
I stayed in one of the rooms in the last block of the hotel which was handy for beach access.

Friendly staff and good service.
Depending when you are planning on going it can be difficult to get a bed around the pool. I went at the end of May and the hotel was already busy (mainly non party types of guest).

I'd happily stay there again.

Last edited:
anyone stayed at the Innside by Melia in the bay?

how was it?

I‘ve stayed there quite a few times. First 3 times as a solo traveller, and last 2 times as a couple. It’s always end of September for me. Loved the hotel every time, and breakfasts are fantastic. Roof top bar is really nice, maybe a little bit expensive, but always a good place to start the evening. Worth the upgrade to a sea view room if you are thinking about it.

Felt like there was less to do in the Bay last year though. Mar-I-Pins was my favourite bar, but sadly gone now. Shame Tic Toc Cafe across the road has closed too, used to enjoy it there if I was too late for breakfast at the hotel. Still plenty other bars within easy walking distance if that’s your thing. Nice little beach beside the hotel too, and Reggae Reggae Bar is a fun place. Very close to the taxi boat to get to San Antonio which is handy, but when I go that way I’d I usually walk round and have a few pit stops. If restaurants are your thing, Relish and Can Pujol are really good and close by. Love an evening at both of those.

Giving the Bay a rest this year though and have booked Torre Del Mar in Playa D’En Bossa for a week at the end of September. Expecting we’ll be walking to Ibiza Town most days, and taxi home! Been a few years since I was there and really looking forward to it.

I‘ve stayed there quite a few times. First 3 times as a solo traveller, and last 2 times as a couple. It’s always end of September for me. Loved the hotel every time, and breakfasts are fantastic. Roof top bar is really nice, maybe a little bit expensive, but always a good place to start the evening. Worth the upgrade to a sea view room if you are thinking about it.

Felt like there was less to do in the Bay last year though. Mar-I-Pins was my favourite bar, but sadly gone now. Shame Tic Toc Cafe across the road has closed too, used to enjoy it there if I was too late for breakfast at the hotel. Still plenty other bars within easy walking distance if that’s your thing. Nice little beach beside the hotel too, and Reggae Reggae Bar is a fun place. Very close to the taxi boat to get to San Antonio which is handy, but when I go that way I’d I usually walk round and have a few pit stops. If restaurants are your thing, Relish and Can Pujol are really good and close by. Love an evening at both of those.

Giving the Bay a rest this year though and have booked Torre Del Mar in Playa D’En Bossa for a week at the end of September. Expecting we’ll be walking to Ibiza Town most days, and taxi home! Been a few years since I was there and really looking forward to it.
thank you. appreciate the response.

Back