Hotel discussion thread

Stopped there today and, unsurprisingly, it felt a ghost town. LOTS of hotel development going on.

View attachment 15371
And right next to the Mondrian & Hyde is another new development "L U N A - Casa Hotel & Spa" (former El Dango)

A luxurious and laid-back boutique hotel environment featuring 25 beautifully appointed one and two bedroom properties, together with all the amenities one would expect to find in a truly 5 star destination an exceptional restaurant, a decadent cocktail bar, café and juice bar, wonderful guest infinity pools with fantastic sea views, an atmospheric spa, not to mention a lavish private yacht, for the exclusive use of our owners and hotel guests.

Things getting worse🤮

And right next to the Mondrian & Hyde is another new development "L U N A - Casa Hotel & Spa" (former El Dango)

A luxurious and laid-back boutique hotel environment featuring 25 beautifully appointed one and two bedroom properties, together with all the amenities one would expect to find in a truly 5 star destination an exceptional restaurant, a decadent cocktail bar, café and juice bar, wonderful guest infinity pools with fantastic sea views, an atmospheric spa, not to mention a lavish private yacht, for the exclusive use of our owners and hotel guests.

Things getting worse🤮

Crazy. They are really coming for Cala Llonga. That's the majority of that side of the bay captured by the boho pirates.

I bet on another Boho-posh boutique hotel with Peruvian-japan fusion vegan food "made with love"

exactamente

Things getting worse🤮

Personally I think the national government, supposedly the 'most progressive in history', should be intervening to stop this seeing as the local administration are too spineless to do anything.

Things getting worse🤮
If someone could tell me what is an atmospheric spa.
🤮🤮🤮

Stayed here last September…was nice enough bit
of a mix in terms of guests quite a few families as well as older couples...plenty of non brits as well which was good. Breakfast was decent..pool area wasn’t amazing but I’ve stayed at a lot worse.
Cheers mate, still torn between Bossa (Sal Rossa where I stayed last yr) and San An (Prob the Alua). Is there a decent sunset bar in the hotel? I read there was but cant find any pics of it. TIA

Really good hotel and location, you have my favourite bar Golden Buddah next door, then its only a 5min walk to Mambo. Also not too far to walk to the bus station by cutting across the back of town. The sea view is worth the extra, its the famous sunset view!
Pretty excited. Seems spot on. I’ve only ever been to Golden Buddah once and it was great. There’s a small beach close by if I’m not mistaken?

Pretty excited. Seems spot on. I’ve only ever been to Golden Buddah once and it was great. There’s a small beach close by if I’m not mistaken?

There is but its only small, more of a rocky lido. As Mekka says you can walk to Cala Gracio in about 10-15mins and thats one of the best beaches on the island

Can anyone tell me how the area is around Hotel Abrat? In my last visit (2015), I stayed at Hostal Tarba, but seeing as I’m bringing my partner for her first time I wanted to change it up a bit.
Parts of the hotel are old (as in fashionably old), whilst the pool and one wing of the hotel is modern. Since the missus is coming along, make sure you get a room with a view, and not on the back of the hotel (like I had).

Don't miss the roof top sun terrace, and walking around barefoot on the grass in the massive garden.

It's on the outskirts of San An, which makes it a quiet and relaxing place, yet still close enough to be in walking distance from just about everything on that side of the egg or bus station in San An. It's also in walking distance from a couple of really nice beaches.

Thank you for the great tips everyone. Cala Gracio doesn’t look too far at all on Google Maps, nice leisure stroll! I chose the hotel mainly for its location, close but not in the thick of things. At the moment, I’ve booked a Twin Room with a sea view. I sent a request for an upper floor if available at all 😉 ahaha

Thank you for the great tips everyone. Cala Gracio doesn’t look too far at all on Google Maps, nice leisure stroll! I chose the hotel mainly for its location, close but not in the thick of things. At the moment, I’ve booked a Twin Room with a sea view. I sent a request for an upper floor if available at all 😉 ahaha
Cala Gracio is a great location and away from the crazy / noisy parts. We stayed in Cubanito a bit further along last summer (before Pikes!) and really liked the location.Good beach(es) too which feels more like in the North than San An.

Cala Gracio is a great location and away from the crazy / noisy parts. We stayed in Cubanito a bit further along last summer (before Pikes!) and really liked the location.Good beach(es) too which feels more like in the North than San An.
You like your hotels - try the OKU if you haven't already.

Back