Hotel discussion thread

After a few years half abandoned and then rented as apartments, Estudios-Hotel Tropicana in Cala de Bou (oposite Cafeteria Piraña) should reopen as a hotel again in 2023 :!:

View attachment 12726

IMG-20230524-142648.jpg

:!:
There you go...

have booked a night at what I think may be the cheapest hotel in the entire old town

10 puntos anyone who can guess which one it is

Also there in september, hope it is good. If someone knows the taxi is nearby somewhere, ? Thanks
I really like Inside Ibiza in San An Bay. Great rooftop bar, breakfasts are excellent, staff are friendly. Nice pool area but I’m not one for lazing around a pool. Good little beach too.

Hotel can always get taxis for you, or there is a rank about 5 minutes walk away. Go left once you get out of the hotel, and it’s on the side street just past a row of shops and cafes.

Contrary to what was reported in certain blog, the hotel Catalina behind Savannah hasn't changed of owners. Vibra Hotels is trying to sort the licenses to give it a proper revamp. All this and more revealed in this interview...

Especially interesting when he insists they want to continue focused on 3/4 stars instead of opening 5 stars!
Vibra Yamm will open in April 2025!

Has anyone stayed at Innside by Melia in San An bay? If so how did you find it? I'm staying for a week in Sept.
Anyone had joy with negotiating down a minimum stay here? Can only manage Friday to Sunday in September next year due to kids/school etc. It's a friend's 40th and most have booked 2 nights, no issue. Now website says 4 night minimum. I've mailed to plead for a waiver, but wonder on chances of success.

Anyone had joy with negotiating down a minimum stay here? Can only manage Friday to Sunday in September next year due to kids/school etc. It's a friend's 40th and most have booked 2 nights, no issue. Now website says 4 night minimum. I've mailed to plead for a waiver, but wonder on chances of success.
Just a thought, try joining Melia Rewards, login and try that way. I am a member and searched for 2 nights next September13-15th, and got offered it.

Just a thought, try joining Melia Rewards, login and try that way. I am a member and searched for 2 nights next September13-15th, and got offered it.
Yeah, I'd done that and still no joy for the dates we need. Cheers though. Mother in law and Sister in law are for taking kids do school so might do 4 nights now!😎

Looking for a Hotel for September 2024. I booked for May the Vibra Mare Nostrum. Its ok , for staying. Only breakfast , dinner outside , anywhere.
Typical 3 Star hotel , as everywhere in spain. No surprise. Breakfast simple , but ok. They call it expedient.
Whats better for example , at Torre del Mar or Twiins ? Whats the difference at breakfast and the rooms ? Is there a hotel in Figueretas with parking space ? Or close to Ikea parking ? Dont want to drive through the half of the island for going to Eivissa.

Looking for a Hotel for September 2024. I booked for May the Vibra Mare Nostrum. Its ok , for staying. Only breakfast , dinner outside , anywhere.
Typical 3 Star hotel , as everywhere in spain. No surprise. Breakfast simple , but ok. They call it expedient.
Whats better for example , at Torre del Mar or Twiins ? Whats the difference at breakfast and the rooms ? Is there a hotel in Figueretas with parking space ? Or close to Ikea parking ? Dont want to drive through the half of the island for going to Eivissa.
I stayed at Torre del Mar in 2015, just after the first refit. It may have changed, but breakfast was poor, and I didn't get a good sleep as the beds were not great.

Im just back from OD in Talamanca, a really good hotel/pool, etc., and although limited, breakfast was good quality.

Hotels booked for April/May, July & Sep, but looking at the standard or Corso for our October trip. The standard is getting good reviews (from here and TripAdvisor). Has anyone stayed at Corso?

Last edited:
Hi guys, hoping for some advice.
Looking at coming with family next year (wife and 2 kids 13 and 8) for 2 weeks. Where do you recommend as a child friendly hotel/area outside of the 3 main party towns? I will dip in solo for a couple nights but in general we’re looking for nice beaches and cheaper vibes. wife and myself stumbled upon San Miguel on a drive this year and looked nice and also heard Santa Eulalia is nice? Any advice is appreciated. Mucha gracias

Back