Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
not stayed but think that has always been the case for Ushuaia.

Stayed a few times in ibiza gran, the €100 a day was a deposit for food, drinks etc. They don’t take it off if you don’t spend or pay your final bill by cash.

TRS asks for a credit card for extra’s,
That's worth knowing, thank you
(although I will be avoiding extras if at all possible 😁)

That's worth knowing, thank you
(although I will be avoiding extras if at all possible 😁)
we we’re the same, no need for signature package unless you want grey goose etc.

They take off 1cent to make sure it works. on that worth noting that my credit card didn’t work first time. I had to phone them to okay the transaction. all to do with fraud etc - 90 min call in the august heat and embarrassing 🤬

Depending on who you’re credit card is with - It might be a good shout to phone your bank the day before and get them to add a note that you will be in ibiza so the transaction will go through.

We go back in 4 weeks time, plan to do the same but might try a pre payment card this time as well

Last edited:
we we’re the same, no need for signature package unless you want grey goose etc.

They take off 1cent to make sure it works. on that worth noting that my credit card didn’t work first time. I had to phone them to okay the transaction. all to do with fraud etc - 90 min call in the august heat and embarrassing 🤬

Depending on who you’re credit card is with - It might be a good shout to phone your bank the day before and get them to add a note that you will be in ibiza so the transaction will go through.

We go back in 4 weeks time, plan to do the same but might try a pre payment card this time as well
That's reminded me to do my bank card 😊

Seems an absolute bargain 🤣

Seems like rather than delist it, stick prices at more than buying a house up north lol

Torre del Mar is being listed for £5.5k. Guess business is good for hotels in ibiza at min.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220904-104335_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-104335_Samsung Internet.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Seems an absolute bargain 🤣

Seems like rather than delist it, stick prices at more than buying a house up north lol

Torre del Mar is being listed for £5.5k. Guess business is good for hotels in ibiza at min.
bellamar one of my favourite hotels in the bay. Stayed many times over the years. Good base for clockwork in July

Not bad deal if you book direct, the suite looks over es puet beach

A6731E57-FDAD-47A7-9234-01F197D8075B.jpeg

I'm looking at hotel prices for May 2023. It seems the hotels are pricing 2023 as a continuation of the post-Covid holiday spike of 2022, but with added inflation and lots of optimism on top of that too.

I think prices outside of July-August will be considerably lower than 2022. Guess I'll be buying plane tickets now, and hotel a month or two before arriving.

I'm looking at hotel prices for May 2023. It seems the hotels are pricing 2023 as a continuation of the post-Covid holiday spike of 2022, but with added inflation and lots of optimism on top of that too.

I think prices outside of July-August will be considerably lower than 2022. Guess I'll be buying plane tickets now, and hotel a month or two before arriving.
I was hoping some more sane pricing but apparently not.

Maybe with cost of living, it might mean less demand next year. But who really knows 🤷‍♂️

Also depends what happens with tour operators, as afaik Tui, one of the big ones here isn't in great shape either.

I think you might be right? So Ibiza saw a big rise in national tourism this year, and people have been spending more money. Post covid bounce, probably, for those lucky enough to have been banking money through that period ( walking the dog at lunchtime, and ccing people in on emails) I doubt people will be spending more next year. Maybe the national tourism will continue, who knows.?

a couple of months out of date, but here are some numbers.

Stayed at TRS in San Antonio at the weekend. Mentioned before but there was over 50 of us and mostly female. As you can imagine they were probably noisier than the usual vibe of the hotel (which I did feel sorry for the staff and other guests for).

That said aside from a few muttered spanish insults caught by my colleague who is Spanish, the staff were great and the hotel was lovely.

My first time doing all inclusive and the staff were patient with the size of the group and hosted a fantastic 3 course meal for us on the Saturday in one of their restaurants.

We stayed in a deluxe room but I know some of the pairs got random upgrades which was great for them.

The vibe of the hotel seemed quiet/laidback especially in comparison to Oku next door. Not a lot of music on during the day Friday or Saturday but a Dj and saxophonist round the pool on the Sunday.

I don't think their resident DJ Raul will forget that group for a while. He managed to get shut down both nights because the group were revving him up.

Coming back on Thursday as a couple and staying at Abrat -anyone got any experiences of that place?

Stayed at TRS in San Antonio at the weekend. Mentioned before but there was over 50 of us and mostly female. As you can imagine they were probably noisier than the usual vibe of the hotel (which I did feel sorry for the staff and other guests for).

That said aside from a few muttered spanish insults caught by my colleague who is Spanish, the staff were great and the hotel was lovely.

My first time doing all inclusive and the staff were patient with the size of the group and hosted a fantastic 3 course meal for us on the Saturday in one of their restaurants.

We stayed in a deluxe room but I know some of the pairs got random upgrades which was great for them.

The vibe of the hotel seemed quiet/laidback especially in comparison to Oku next door. Not a lot of music on during the day Friday or Saturday but a Dj and saxophonist round the pool on the Sunday.

I don't think their resident DJ Raul will forget that group for a while. He managed to get shut down both nights because the group were revving him up.

Coming back on Thursday as a couple and staying at Abrat -anyone got any experiences of that place?
Glad you enjoyed the TRS, we loved it there the other week (and bagged a nice upgrade). The entertainment left me slightly confused, not really sure who it is aimed at. Music much better at OKU but pool permanently in shade

I love the Abrat, especially the sea view rooms, and great location

Enjoy!!

Glad you enjoyed the TRS, we loved it there the other week (and bagged a nice upgrade). The entertainment left me slightly confused, not really sure who it is aimed at. Music much better at OKU but pool permanently in shade

I love the Abrat, especially the sea view rooms, and great location

Enjoy!!
Umm, what? We were at Oku in August and both pools were in the sun?

Maybe the main one gets obscured by the DJ set up in the afternoon a bit.

interesting, music was pretty decent around the pool when we we’re across in august. The gravity sky bar was a mix bag tbh. Maybe starting to wind down as i’ve seen similar reviews. back across in 10 days time 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back