Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, what? We were at Oku in August and both pools were in the sun?

Maybe the main one gets obscured by the DJ set up in the afternoon a bit.
I walked past a couple of times and it was shaded, my mistake. Probably wasn't massively aware of the time of day it was, just remember thinking that's very shady. I'm guessing about 4pm, the pool by the road. Did look really nice though and the music was good

Last edited:

The employee who's in intensive care is a friend of mine 😔
I was naively thinking they were not using chemicals in the most "sustainable" hotel of the island.. 🙄

I was naively thinking they were not using chemicals in the most "sustainable" hotel of the island.. 🙄

Hotel pool without chlorine absolutely impossible, regardless of the fact that almost no guests shower anyway before they jump in.... what is insane for the water quality... lifeguards are much too relaxed ;-)

mixture of clor and another gas is bullshit, believe me... chlorine alone is completely enough... is a killer... otherwise it can not do anything !

i keep my fingers crossed for your buddy !

One of the oldest hotels of Portinatx will change of hands next year.
La Cigüeña, with its restaurant and its bar will be run by the owners of Es Rebrots and Cala Xucla.

Anyone know what has happened with the Beach Star? Looks like it has been sold, wondering if anyone know who to?

it was sold this year already, but the renovation will take place this winter and unsure if the current management team will be back next year

They are moving to their sister hotel, the Palm star. Looks like the same crew behind it all. Palm Star looks like an upgraded version of the beach star but with the same good vibe and decor style. No doubt a lot of the old team will be back ( hopefully as in my experience they are all awesome )

They are moving to their sister hotel, the Palm star. Looks like the same crew behind it all. Palm Star looks like an upgraded version of the beach star but with the same good vibe and decor style. No doubt a lot of the old team will be back ( hopefully as in my experience they are all awesome )
Do you know who has bought Beach Star? Assumed they would keep both and were expanding (or was it an offer they couldn’t refuse?)

So "low-category hotels" are now "tourism of excess". :confused:

Whilst high-category hotels aren't?

Why don't they just ban everyone other than the 1 % from going on holiday abroad.

Devil is in the detail, if they are buying hotels with consistently bad reviews that are nothing but a doss house and giving the island a bad rep then ok fair enough...but if they are buying up clean, well run cheap accomodation because it doesnt suit the type of guest they want then I have a bigger issue as that for me is social cleansing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back