Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 5 day stay at the TRS has dropped £600 since I initially booked in (thankfully fully refundable so cancelled and rebooked)

Not good though is it really...no wonder Ibiza gets a bad rep for prices (and yes I know this happens in other destinations too)

Prices rise everywhere. We will see the effects next year in full scope. Hope it will not be a big Problem.

Understand that, we are in for tough times. But charging someone a high price then dropping the prices later on just gives the impression they are scamming the customer.

Surely better to set a more realistic price from the start, and surely that avoids this song and dance of people booking flexibly, cancelling and rebooking which surely costs the hotel in admin fees?

So, interesting to watch the hotel prices go up and down - e.g. Ushuaia for next Tuesday is super cheap compared to normal.

I stayed at two places on my recent (short trip).

Hostal Juanita (one night, Ibiza town) :
Probably not for everyone as I chose a room with a shared bathroom. Personally, I had no problem with this as I was only sharing with another room and I thought the showers/toilet were clean and fine. It just worked out booking-wise and a good location to walk over to La Gaia (food more important than than bed). Definitely a cheaper option if you're a solo traveller and care more about doing things than sitting in your room. I found the shared facilities to be clean. I think there are options with private bathrooms. No lift, so can be a pain with a heavier bag, but this only affects a few minutes of your stay. Honestly would have stayed longer if it was available!

Can Beia Boutique Hostal (San Antonio for the other 4 nights) :
This place is only supposedly 2 stars, but I thought it was fabulous! Staff were welcoming and friendly, tastefully decorated, breakfast was really good, pool available, exceptionally clean, and the location is in a quieter part of San An. For me, it's all I really need. I remember years back, when Space was still alive, San An was almost a bad word, but now, I really have zero desire to stay in PDB. San Antonio has way more to offer and has a better atmosphere, IMO. I thought Can Beia was wonderful.

I know I was there in peak season, but trying to find any sort of reasonably priced accommodation is so hard in Ibiza!

Dropping 200€ for a nice meal, sure, but a hotel, no thank you! :)

So, interesting to watch the hotel prices go up and down - e.g. Ushuaia for next Tuesday is super cheap compared to normal.

Definitely places following the EasyJet model. If you can hold off until nearer arrival, there are some great deals to be had.

Small, simple hotel, rooms cleaned daily, some excellent sea view room options along with studios in the newer building to the rear. Secure parking available for a small deposit on the key but also the free beach car park and on the road. I don't go AI but reports on the food aren't great and in fact I think they may have stopped offering AI as of last year. A lot of regular customers. Mainly couples and families, no party peeps. I like Cala Llonga. It's very quiet, there are some decent bars and food options and it's a good base to explore from. It'll be interesting to see what impact the arrival of Hilton across the bay makes.

Booked there in Oct. Thanks as ever for the useful tips. Will report back

Evening All,

Does anyone know of any hotels close to Blue Marlin? I have an event there and ideally would like to walk there from hotel.

Thanks in advance

a few villas close by

closest hotel I think is brisas de ibiza in porroig, walkable, but around a 45 min walk

Great thanks for that Stivi. Quick question on Blue Marlin. Do you have to book in advance for a day bed or can you just rock up?

Day in question is a random Monday with no special events on

Thanks

Staying at Gran Sol in San An for the first time at the end of September. Is it a decent pick?
We’re staying for the 4th time this year. Friendly, good breakfast, close enough while out of the raucous stuff. Bar doesn’t stay open late.

Question to a vintage Hotel : Where was Manumission Hotel exactly. I saw it , but can not remember. Was it where the industrial zone is today ?

Staying at Gran Sol in San An for the first time at the end of September. Is it a decent pick?
Was there last month for a few nights. Always a favourite, either there or the Abrat, just along the street, are my normal places to go to. Great location, 10 mins walk to cala gracio one way, 5 mins to mambo etc and 10 mins into the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back