Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

can you guess the name of this hotel?

2018+05+26+(1)+-+copia.jpg
Is there a clue a few posts up by any chance? :lol:

In 2015 the Mambo family took over the bar Sa Clau in San Antonio's fountains square and opened Bondi, three years later the apartments above will be rebranded as Sa Clau by Mambo :!:
The rural hotel Es Trull De Can Palau in the outskirts of Ibiza town (between Cas Mut and Can Bufi to be exact) has also been taken over by the Mambo Group and renamed as Casa Maca :!: :!:
More news from the Mambo peeps... they have taken over the apartments Las Mimosas in Cala de Bou :!: :!: :!:

same one... as i was typing it the band i was watching started playing "california über alles" by dead kennedys so i was like is that cala de bou or port des torrent?! nevermind!

29684253_347900052388635_1778154500526676917_n.png

Marco Polo in San An is decent - had a recent refurb I think. Comfortable, nice pool area, breakfast buffet, and was about £30 each per night when I went in May as a group of 14.

Wi Ki Woo Hotel (formerly Costa Mar)

Anyone on the island seen how this development is getting on?

It's supposed to be opening this week and I am staying there from the 21st June.

Bit worried that all I have seen is renders of the property as opposed to proper pictures.

Walked past today, the front is all painted up. Loads of blokes working, palms planted, nice white pebbles in sacks waiting to be spread. Still a building site really. No idea what has happened inside. It probably will be ready by your date....?

In other hotel news: The former Sol Bahia Apartments have no name on them at the moment, tables and chairs on the balconies, fancy colours at the pool end. Still work going on in the basement area, other than that looks like nearly ready to open.
Up the road a bit the Cubanito looks fantastic, however the bar menu is too much €€€€.

In other hotel news: The former Sol Bahia Apartments have no name on them at the moment, tables and chairs on the balconies, fancy colours at the pool end. Still work going on in the basement area, other than that looks like nearly ready to open.
Up the road a bit the Cubanito looks fantastic, however the bar menu is too much €€€€.

Good news about Sol Bahia, been there a good few times over the years. As for pricey bar menus, its the way everywheres going now I guess.

Walked past today, the front is all painted up. Loads of blokes working, palms planted, nice white pebbles in sacks waiting to be spread. Still a building site really. No idea what has happened inside. It probably will be ready by your date....?
Bloody hell I hope so. Thanks mate

Wi Ki Woo Hotel (formerly Costa Mar)

Anyone on the island seen how this development is getting on?

It's supposed to be opening this week and I am staying there from the 21st June.

Bit worried that all I have seen is renders of the property as opposed to proper pictures.

Noticed on Wayne Linekers Instagram that there will still machinery outside a couple of weeks ago (hope I don't get chucked out of Spotlight for admitting I follow him ;):D) but in Ibiza usual building timescales go out the window. Hi Ibiza looked far from ready with a week or two to go, but somehow it opened!

Back