Heads up! BBC4 dance music documentary 10pm tonight

did someone mention d:ream?they played my uni in 94 and ran out of songs and had to repeat their 2 hits to fill out their timeslot before danni minogue came on.

*the sure is pure extended mix of ‘i like it’ was unexpectedly ace though

The second part was pretty good, though a bit too unquestioning of the VIP/bling crap direction things have taken.

Absolute shite

I agree, very poorly paced and produced. What was the focus on Ushuaia all about all of a sudden near the end? Talk about ending on a cheesy low. No Space, Pacha, DC10, Amnesia etc. And then went on to talk about the EDM crap going on in Las Vegas to totally kill it

And the brief, random reference to the illegal warehouse parties in London which wasn’t fully explained and felt like filler material. WTF was that about sawdust, I don’t remember any requirement for that at any warehouse raves I went to.

Cream and Hacienda received plenty of airtime but not a single mention of the following:-

Brum/Wolverhampton - Moneypenney’s (& Chuff Chuff), Wobble, Canal Club
Sheffield - Rise, Gatecrasher, Love2Be, Bed, Occasions, Jive Turkey, Niche (it’s house days and very DC10 with its outdoor terrace), Tram Stop, Occasions, Trash
Leeds/Huddersfield - Love2Be, HardTimes etc
London - Ministry, Turnmills, Fabric!
The list goes on and likely similar examples all around the uk

Can’t even imagine how cringeworthy next week’s will be. Uk’s most influential DJ has to be Dave Pearce

Last edited:
that McCabe dude at the end going on with himself about how the people who only spend a grand on their third row vip tables are still able make the best of things and have a nice night.....:rolleyes:

i suppose he couldnt say "dance music is so popular now we can get rich mugs to lash thousands just to sit by a dj", but i actually think he believed he was talking sense

Back