Hawtin Bashing

Richie and Co get chucked out of Berhein club in Berlin!

http://www.residentadvisor.net/forum-read.aspx?id=78759

So even the likes of Richie and Dubfire arent above the rules at Berhein. Getting upto no good, and ripping down a curtain :lol:

This made me giggle :-

Posted by djlittlemike
my mom made me a new pair of curtains, which I have yet to hang up...

and I'd be super mad if some drunk person tore down the curtains my mom made.

Curtains are a very important part of both club culture and keeping the light out.

I enjoy going to the cinema.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The discuission of the Hawtin-gate is tedious to the extreme (this is Undergound Techno, not Heat), buit to draw a sliver of positivity from the whole debacle, check out this gem from one of the tw@ts in the RA thread...

A friend and I made a trip over to Berlin recently specifically to go there and even booked into a hostel about 200 yards away only to be refused entry 4 times on the Fri and Sat nights! This at numerous points in the evening / next morning whilst also being courteous / keeping ourselves to ourselves and naming everyone who we wanted to see.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh Dear Mr Hawtin has made abit of a booboo.

399026273.jpg

its all kicked off (well as much as fb can) but seriously what a dickhead , no need to say stuff like that. It was hastilly taken down btw

He then posted this:

As I walked down the street in Berlin last night a DJ stepped in front of me pulling his records and it sparked off nostalgic thoughts of the past, present & future.

I never imagined the outpouring of emotions and comments from my post. My apologies to the DJ and anyone who took my comments personally - it categorically wasn't my intention to suggest vinyl DJs are in any ways 'lesser' than digital.

It's not a dislike for vinyl that drove my comment, only a love of technological innovation & development. Twenty years ago when I first started DJing I found turntables & vinyl extremely exciting and inspiring (as much as any of you now starting for the first time or those who continue this tradition). Respect to everyone who finds happiness and inspiration in doing anything creative or musical. But for me - personally - I enjoy the challenges that I find in new technologies: technologies that continue to challenge my skills & inspire my creativity.

Everyone has their own ideas in their head & each of us have the freedom to use whatever instrument they feel most comfortable with. For me, as everyone already knows, the turntable has been replaced by the computer & other gadgets that I use today. But as I said, that's just my opinion...
After all, isn't that why we call it Techno?

Sounds like humble pie to me. muppet

oh and Buckley Brownie points for me for resurrecting a 2 yr old post!! yay!

Oh Dear Mr Hawtin has made abit of a booboo.

Sounds like humble pie to me. muppet

oh and Buckley Brownie points for me for resurrecting a 2 yr old post!! yay!

Oi! Only I can award them and as far as I can tell no Spotlighters were offended or embarassed by the bump, so it's only half a point!:lol:

First time I saw Richie Hawtin was in 1995 or 1996 and he was wearing a hoodie and baseball cap!! :lol: My how times have changed!

I really liked him in 2002/2003 when he was playing proper techno and up until about 2005 or so... then he just became playing dong-dong plinky plonky.... but I do still like him.

I saw that post on facebook and I thought all those people whining are a bunch of whiny babies! What is it with people now? It's the "I-can't take-any criticism-generation" where we have to congratulate everyone all the time...everyone deserves a trophy and that sort of thing.

I don't neccesarily agree with him, but I couldn't beleive how offended everyone got over that comment.

Yeah some of the comments are ridiculous , praising richie etc like they are best mates but in anyones book his original comment sounds like something spoken by a dickhead plain n simple.
Dont get me wrong i like his sets , more around his minimal era of 2003 - 2006 , and im not interested in the digital vs vinyl dbate. he just sounded like a dick regardless what side of the fence u are on

Yeah some of the comments are ridiculous , praising richie etc like they are best mates but in anyones book his original comment sounds like something spoken by a dickhead plain n simple.
Dont get me wrong i like his sets , more around his minimal era of 2003 - 2006 , and im not interested in the digital vs vinyl dbate. he just sounded like a dick regardless what side of the fence u are on

I think he can be a bit of a twit in other things he's said... but I honestly dont' see what the fuss is about.... is it just that he made fun of someone walking around with some records? I did see the post on facebook... and read the comments, but still not sure why people got so up in arms about it..

It probably never occurred to him at the time that there was anything controversial in what he said. Cue numb nostril clearing and feelings of inner superiority ....

It probably never occurred to him at the time that there was anything controversial in what he said. Cue numb nostril clearing and feelings of inner superiority ....

It didn't even occur to me that there was anything controversial in what he said....until I saw 2456 people crying about it.

to me it sounded like a pompous numpty sitting on his high chair laughing at someone for doing what he himself did a few years prior. yes it dosnt deserve as much attention but i need something to moan about

to me it sounded like a pompous numpty sitting on his high chair laughing at someone for doing what he himself did a few years prior. yes it dosnt deserve as much attention but i need something to moan about

:lol: - it does a bit ! What's with the need to moan ? 30 hours of non-stop carnage on the cards any day now and you need to moan ?!!!

If it was someone who wasn't famous who said it.... no one would have cared... but because it's him, I guess he's held to a different standard and is supposed to only say nice things all the time?

Everytime I look at my facebook, I see people who have (myself included) made comments or have status updates about random people, or posting funny pictures or poking fun of someone.

I don't even see why it's a big deal with what was said.. haha!

but thats the thing. to me it sounds like the sort of thing a dickhead would say regardless if they famous or not. could have been anyone , just a stupid thing to say

Back