Hawtin Bashing

... Wanna come and see David Guetta with me :D nah

Nah look. I think deep down in that ridiculously camp looking head of his, he probably has some decent concepts but I think he's just too arty.

Like, if someone paints a **** picture, they can crap on about all its, meaning and interpretation and stuff but it's still ****. Different isn't always better and musically I think he trys so hard to be different that he's not being better and not only that, but, after you try so desperately to be different for so long I think you just become predictable and stale. His music has become that and, it's not the fault of the repetition because, a good Dj can take a **** song and make it good. (If anyone argues that, then they are ****ing ****!)

I think he'd be great to argue with about "how it used to be" tho. I reckon, he and I, would have such heated discussions that we'd either end up best mates for it or bitter rivals trying to snipe eachother.

Im the opposite i prefer what he was doing a few years ago when i first heard him which was alot more stripped back than now. If you hear him now theres alot of tech house / tribal in there , lots of techno obviously but not so 'minimal"

Another artist sampled MSN years ago and actually made it sound REALLY good, Rick something.

But yes. I beleive its possible to make that song sound good.

Sample Rihanna - Please don't stop the music over it, inclusive of the michael jackson loop (which someone mentioned earlier) and it might be something, otherwise, its own vocals, or a Dj could play an accapella.

Come on, if you seriously heard that and thought thats as far as that track could go, I'd seriously be worried.

i heard that track and was nearly sick. I wouldn't even bother to waste anytime TRYING to make that sound good. It's ****.... and putting Rhianna over it merely adds to pile of ****, cos it sure as hell aint makin it better.

Another artist sampled MSN years ago and actually made it sound REALLY good, Rick something.

But yes. I beleive its possible to make that song sound good.

Sample Rihanna - Please don't stop the music over it, inclusive of the michael jackson loop (which someone mentioned earlier) and it might be something, otherwise, its own vocals, or a Dj could play an accapella.

Come on, if you seriously heard that and thought thats as far as that track could go, I'd seriously be worried.

you should be seriously worried (but not for those reasons)

Do any other Heterosexuals here have 'gay' moments when they are :eek: or in Ibiza with good friends :?:

Not really, most ive done is go skinny dipping with a mate in PdB after a night in Pure Pacha. We got a few wolf whistles and winks from passers by but thats about it!

Im the opposite i prefer what he was doing a few years ago when i first heard him which was alot more stripped back than now. If you hear him now theres alot of tech house / tribal in there , lots of techno obviously but not so 'minimal"

Did you see him at SW4? Saw him for the first time there and thought he was pretty good. Better than i expected, but then everyone told me he was boring.

Some great stuff in the mans back catalogue, examples as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CrsozqisPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VmqtGL_vsE&feature=relatedd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh5DR3WHyss&feature=related

With the length of time Hawtin's been doing it there is bound to be some crap, but would back him to keep coming up with something new AND good. Just not all the time over 20+ years. Compare to Oakenfold to see an example of someone not even trying to do something different. I know which I would prefer to be like!

Do any other Heterosexuals here have 'gay' moments when they are :eek: or in Ibiza with good friends :?:

oh yeah theres often some big hugs going down when we all :eek: . havnt quite gone for the lips yet!

Not really, most ive done is go skinny dipping with a mate in PdB after a night in Pure Pacha. We got a few wolf whistles and winks from passers by but thats about it!

I was just curious as me and my mates get all huggy and kissy while in Ibiza, when out clubbing ofcourse. Its a Strange phenomenom, maybe the hedonism of the island does this to people :confused:

Back