Has this place got more lively recently?

I agree, I have been a member for years and then just a lurker for a while but come back the last few months to post. Certainly less of a clique than there used to be but im enjoying the banter of the last month or so.

Agree though some of the threads are a little bit "JUST SEVENTEEN" but amusing all the same if ya dont take youself too serious.

Forums are all about getting the threads ticking over. All I'll say is I used to check this place once a day; now it's my default forum for a skive.

I agree, I have been a member for years and then just a lurker for a while but come back the last few months to post. Certainly less of a clique than there used to be but im enjoying the banter of the last month or so.

Agree though some of the threads are a little bit "JUST SEVENTEEN" but amusing all the same if ya dont take youself too serious.

Agreed

I've lurked for a couple of years. Finally decided to get an account and post.
Tend to be on here a lot when at work, as it's a good distraction.

I've lurked for a couple of years. Finally decided to get an account and post.
Tend to be on here a lot when at work, as it's a good distraction.

Ben you live on here ;):lol: im nearly as bad as you tbh so i cant talk :lol:

Its a good day breaker thats for sure :D

Some of the conversations on here are so meaningless and wasteful that it is difficult to get involved without lowering ones standards or becoming a forum menace

I want to air my view about something I care for at least a little, even the posts that have allowed a good discussion are becoming infested by rot that wouldn't even be worthy of heat magazine.

I lurked for a couple of because there seemed to be a clique in the early 00's. I originally saw opposing views were attacked like feeding time in a shark tank. I don't take myself too seriously and can take as good as I get. It is easy to be all knowing behind a keyboard. I come on here for Ibiza, music, and banter. The threads have made some days go by rather quickly reading them when I was posted in Iraq and Afghanistan they were my connections to happy times. At the end of the day horses for courses

I lurked for a couple of because there seemed to be a clique in the early 00's. I originally saw opposing views were attacked like feeding time in a shark tank. I don't take myself too seriously and can take as good as I get. It is easy to be all knowing behind a keyboard. I come on here for Ibiza, music, and banter. The threads have made some days go by rather quickly reading them when I was posted in Iraq and Afghanistan they were my connections to happy times. At the end of the day horses for courses

I have to agree, I just come on more for boredom reasons and to pass the day - some interesting posts on here, some not so interesting ;)

I could understand people's annoyance if every thread was turned to drivel (accepting the fact that I drivel quite a bit myself) but it seems to be mainly those on Clubbing Open Chat. I would have thought that this was the place for bull****/banter, leaving the sections on Music, Clubs etc for the more adult discussions. Isn't this a forum for the love of all things Ibiza, one of which I would have was to have fun?.

I personally wouldn't want to ruin anyone's enjoyment of this forum. It has been a massive help to me when planning trips to Ibiza in previous years and I imagine that many of the people who have helped in the past are the same ones who are getting pissed off now.

Yes, this section is for open chatting about whatever.

Don't worry, Hal. You're not ruining it for anyone. As you were! ;)

I agree, I have been a member for years and then just a lurker for a while but come back the last few months to post. QUOTE]

Me too my re-appearance coincides with actually making back to Ibiza this year 8)

I really don't understand how anyone had 'fun' babbling on about all that Ray bullsh*t (to use one example) to me many of the replies were just words representing "I want to say something but this is so pointless I'll just say anything to make a reply".

It's either that kind of sh*t or 'man' threads.... very few where I feel I can contribute my correct and valid opinions

some people might be happy-go-lucky, live and let live etc

but not me. oh no.

I personally feel affronted if someone bores me. If I wanted to be bored I would just open my work email (which usually gathers cobwebs during working hours)

I just think there's very few decent writers coming on these days

the american guy in ibiza was a brilliant writer - I was hooked for months

icebaer69 always made me laugh too

as did that preposterous clown super polack and also jonny68

+ madwhitegiant's football comments are always entertaining and informative

the problem is the nobodies - the ones who appear from nowhere - the hit'n'run keyboard ninjas with forgettable monikers who come on and write drivel without having anything interesting whatsover to say

I had toast for breakfast lol
did you really? you are so fcking interesting aren't you.

etc etc

Back