Has this place got more lively recently?

he's really short. a few years ago he did 'appearances' at clubs in maidstone. is he local? i seem to remember my ex going to see him for some reason. i don't think they did lunch, though.

I prefer spotlight when

a/ there's interesting discussions - about music, politics, football, holidays, tv
b/ there's a good thread about some oddity in Ibiza (like the 'cool guy' or the michael cretu thread for instance) [I miss icebaer69!]

the threads that just read like some agony aunt page in just seventeen or kids who know nothing about music pretending to be authoritative about music just make me want to punch the computer screen

I prefer spotlight when

a/ there's interesting discussions - about music, politics, football, holidays, tv
b/ there's a good thread about some oddity in Ibiza (like the 'cool guy' or the michael cretu thread for instance) [I miss icebaer69!]

the threads that just read like some agony aunt page in just seventeen or kids who know nothing about music pretending to be authoritative about music just make me want to punch the computer screen

+1

As far as music goes, it's like ice cream different flavors for different people. Olly I enjoy your post for there blunt Honesty. The banter on a thread makes for good reading.

I prefer spotlight when

Agreed 8) i think we end up chatting sh*t and making a stupid conversation about nothing through sheer...errr boredome, maybe ?! :eek::rolleyes:;):lol::spank:

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And mutha ****ers act like they forgot about Ray

Dr Dre/Eminem "Forgot about Ray"

F**king BRILLIANT!! This made me smile!

Surely the banter is what's making this site move at the moment?

Quite happy to take part in more serious threads - most other forums aren't happy unless there's at least one thread on immigration/muslims/religion/Iraq. :lol:

the forum's gone to $hit - it's just got colonised by attention-seekers

note how many of the old guard don't write on here so much now..

I've posted my fair share of crap in the past but I like to think I balance it out - and I also have a genuine interest in what the heavyweights eg the likes of Robder, Grego, Morbyd, Dan X for instance have to say

some of the recent influx however are almost on a concerted mission to turn brains to mush

the forum's gone to $hit - it's just got colonised by attention-seekers

note how many of the old guard don't write on here so much now..

I've posted my fair share of crap in the past but I like to think I balance it out - and I also have a genuine interest in what the heavyweights eg the likes of Robder, Grego, Morbyd, Dan X for instance have to say

some of the recent influx however are almost on a concerted mission to turn brains to mush
I agree that the intellectual level of conversation has receded a bit lately.

However, I welcome all the newcomers. It had gotten a bit quiet around here since the exodus of a lot of regulars last year (damn you, Facebook!). We needed new blood.

So, I'm glad to see you all. Keep posting. Keep this place alive. It's a great community.

We can still talk about serious things, Olly. We'll just head off into this corner over here. Room enough for everyone.

Hope I'm not classed as recent :confused:

I have to admit I come on here through boredom at work. Never go on at home, just a pass the day kind of thing.

Back