Has Cafe Mambo Crawled Up It's Own Arse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I went on Tuesday again and the door man told me that mambos have bought the beach :rolleyes:
I had a right argument with him, then when he turned his back walked on anyway as did a few but there was then no atmosphere as it wasn't packed. Idiots.
Can you see the sun set from pdb? Might head over to bora bora this afternoon if my body can muster the energy :lol:

you can see the sun set from anywhere my friend lol but wether it sets into the sea or behind a building depends. in PDB it will set over the land and rise over the sea as it faces the oposite direction.
you still might be able to watch a nice sunset in PDB tho it just wont be over the sea i dont think

obv that guy in mambos was just talkin smack about them buying the beach???

Correct. The whole coastline of Ibiza from the sea to about 100m back is owned by the Government.

I know that private homeowners on the coastline who were to be evicted, now are allowed to stay in the property until they die.

Im not sure how it works for businesses and places like Mambo, expect they lease it back from the Government now?

I just bought bottles from the shop, put them out of sight in the GFs bag and stuck Mambo straws in them. We sat on the steps, walked in and out to go to the toilets and even got a table when it emptied a bit. Didn't buy one drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simpsons-Nelson-haha.jpg

It's been like this for a while now. Can remember a security guard coming up to me and telling me to 'be discreet' and to hide my booze when i was sitting on the rocks in front of the bar. This was 5 or 6 years ago.

If you don't want any grief off them just sit far enough away from Mambo where they can't bother you.

I only buy drinks from the bar if i'm sitting on the wooden steps.

you can see the sun set from anywhere my friend lol but wether it sets into the sea or behind a building depends. in PDB it will set over the land and rise over the sea as it faces the oposite direction.
you still might be able to watch a nice sunset in PDB tho it just wont be over the sea i dont think

Thanks, I'm not bothered about mambo itself it was just the way they are made me want to have a go :lol: I've seen it set in a few places here, I like the music and atmosphere down at the rocks but unfortunately this year I feel it's lacking atmosphere. There seems to be a new breed of folk here and it's not the same place it was two years ago. Maybe I'm just moaning for the sake of moaning I'll do a review next week when I'm home......not that I want to go :lol:

Most people these days seem to go there just to get the obligatory Facebook photo and then bugger off as soon as the sun goes down. Another ''things to do in Ibiza'' box for them to tick.

Most people these days seem to go there just to get the obligatory Facebook photo and then bugger off as soon as the sun goes down. Another ''things to do in Ibiza'' box for them to tick.

correct. I remember Aug 02 being huddled into Mambo way after midnight as a storm hit, they had to take down the canopies outside, and there was a cracking atmosphere. They even started giving free Hierbas out!

Unfortunately it's all about being seen now. Facebook and phones with decent cameras have ruined everything.

There seems to be a new breed of folk here and it's not the same place it was two years ago.

I don't think the type of people that go to Mambo have changed much at all. It's easy to say that about other places but to me it's still the same as it was when I first went.

I don't think the type of people that go to Mambo have changed much at all. It's easy to say that about other places but to me it's still the same as it was when I first went.

Sorry I didn't mean mambo I meant this part of Ibiza. I don't like it much here anyway but it was cheap :lol:

So HAS Mambos leased that part of the beach ??????????
A bit strange they didnt mention that with the comments that were made on facebook !!!!!

So HAS Mambos leased that part of the beach ??????????
A bit strange they didnt mention that with the comments that were made on facebook !!!!!
If you look around that stretch of bars etc when it's quiet, you will see that all the wooden deck areas and steps are the same - built at the same time (slowly)
all the bars pay fees to the council for the use of....ready to be shot down if not correct ?

Mambo have not bought/leased the beach,they are just paying to use the wooden areas and as such are keen to make a profit there,fair enough,as to all the other stuff it does seem a bit out of order but I think you are taking it a bit too seriously,if you want to go onto the beach in front of Mambo then do so....doubt anyone will actually stop you physically...

Last time I went there to hear a certain dj all I could hear was 'yak yak woop' from the crowd !

This thread is getting completely out of hand. It is fine writing a comment about an establishment in Ibiza, whether positive or negative, but this thread is becoming more like a revolutionary call to action.

That's NOT what spotlight is about. Share your views, but don't jump on the hate bandwagon.

As someone has pointed out above, if you don't like a place, then don't visit, but deliberately trying to antagonise by staging sit-ins, demos, walk-bys or whatever is simply wrong. Remember you are on holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back