Has Cafe Mambo Crawled Up It's Own Arse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you know that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of other places up and down ibiza's west coast where the very same sunset can be enjoyed? many of them are much more comfortable, less crowded, more atmospheric and devoid of that intensely annoying music played on the sunset strip.

I've been a peeping tom on that one already !! :lol:

@Stephen - did you have to tell the kids that there was no Father Christmas ? :rolleyes: .. everyone knows the sun only sets on the sunset strip - the road sign is even there now, just in case anyone needs reminding ..

did you know that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of other places up and down ibiza's west coast where the very same sunset can be enjoyed? many of them are much more comfortable, less crowded, more atmospheric and devoid of that intensely annoying music played on the sunset strip.

Thats like telling a Man City supporter that there is another football team in Manchester.

They just dont want to know about it!:)

Blasphemy! HEATHEN!!! ;)

I am not bothered about Mambos et al either but I do now have a strong urge to stand on the rocks outside drinking Sam Migel every evening in protest.

May be fickle but I'm afraid I like a good vibe at Sunset too much to waste precious days in Ibiza on a crusade or silent protest..

There are indeed many awesome places to catch the Sunset without the aggro. In the peak of the season last year, steered clear of the heaving masses of the Strip and retreated to some very lovely spots from Cala d'Hort to Na Xamena - all absolutely awesome. Check some out one day !

The thing is how do you get to and from the other bars, ie Golden Buddha,if security block the path so you cant get past ??

I know there are other places and have enjoyed a grew quiet spots myself but the injustice gets me. Why should anyone who has always sat there now be told they can't? I like the music to go with the sun set that's what makes it special as you watch between the 2 big rocks and see the para gliders and boats sailing by adding to it's nature 8)
I'll buy some tins on the way now tomorrow night just so I can stand there :lol:

heather,Later in september the pathway won't be as rammed,so just walk through.
I doubt they will be so heavy by then anyway,if it really bothers you just go down onto the beach from either side of Mambo, it's not a problem...

heather,Later in september the pathway won't be as rammed,so just walk through.
I doubt they will be so heavy by then anyway,if it really bothers you just go down onto the beach from either side of Mambo, it's not a problem...

That was what we tried, only to then be told we couldn't pass without a drink ;)

presumably because having the don simon mob on its doorstep imbues the bar with all the charm of a big city bus station?

apparently not, security have stopped a few people, as well as taking alcohol of people that are sat on the beach,
They must have new security this year,as Ive not seen problems in the past !!!

I alway just go to cafe del mar thats what brought me there for first time back in 91..never had any interest in any of the others really, music wise or history..8)

The thing is how do you get to and from the other bars, ie Golden Buddha,if security block the path so you cant get past ??

Just go round the back where the handy parking is - turn up the street next to Savannah, 1st left, swing round till you're past Mint Lounge etc then re-join the prom and carry on. I sometimes do that anyway if the place looks like the first day of a Harrods sale.

Ok, so last night I bought beer for me and the mrs on route to the sacred spot and being a bit tipsy said let's go for it ready for the arguement with the doorman :lol:
To my surprise there was no problem, we sat right in front of mambos steps on the rocks drinking our own beer and nothing was said, saw a great sun set to some good tunes perfect for my g/f first one. I wonder if the ranting on their wall has paid off? 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back