Has Cafe Mambo Crawled Up It's Own Arse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately RedEyes its not just Mambo that has crawled up its own Arse but sadly a number of the bars on the Sunset Strip. Not only are the prices a joke, but the bar staff in most of the bars treat you with utter contempt. You would think that they were doing you a big favour when then eventually stop yapping to each other and bother themselves to serve you. Dont even let me start on the quality of food....and yes I have voted with my feet!

Just to throw in another rant to anybody who says "well you should go to PDB", I thought the attitude of staff and security in Bora Bora wasn't any better when I visited there last year.

Unfortunately RedEyes its not just Mambo that has crawled up its own Arse but sadly a number of the bars on the Sunset Strip. Not only are the prices a joke, but the bar staff in most of the bars treat you with utter contempt. You would think that they were doing you a big favour when then eventually stop yapping to each other and bother themselves to serve you. Dont even let me start on the quality of food....and yes I have voted with my feet!

That's coz they support Chelsea..:)

Went down on Monday 11th Jul - about 8.30pm for a mooch around and to watch the sun go down. Walked backwards and forwards along the front past Mambos, Savahannas etc a few times, and eventually stopped for a drink at Karma Sushi (terrible name, reasonable drink and all part of the biggest 'Sunset Strip' ownership chain as far as I know)

There were people on the rocks at all of the bars and they were not being moved on or bothered until the gaffer Snr JA (of Mambos et al) arrived (reasonably late on, after sunset and be-decked in a flowing white shirt) with a crony. At this point there was a general scurrying round (of staff) trying to get shut of folk (relatively unsuccesfully as it happens) who were not purchasing from the bars.

Popped up to Mint afterwards (who owns this I wonder:rolleyes:) for another drink. Reasonably nice looking bar, and again a decent drink when I got it - However, my waitress scowled at me like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle, for my apparantly utterly contempuous ordering of something, me having been kept waiting without a greeting for more than 15 minutes.

Popped up to Mint afterwards (who owns this I wonder:rolleyes:) for another drink. Reasonably nice looking bar, and again a decent drink when I got it - However, my waitress scowled at me like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle, for my apparantly utterly contempuous ordering of something, me having been kept waiting without a greeting for more than 15 minutes.

:lol: .. I ended up paying for someone's steak in there after having a pizza (wanted to get away quickly & didn't look at the bill :oops:) .. you can imagine what it was like when I spotted it on leaving and took it to the till to get it sorted out after my mandatory leaving cava (you WILL drink ) ... ? Reckon the main man's probably a bit 'highly strung' after all the hoo-ha with the prison sentence turning into fine, etc etc as the staff all seem to be at the end of their ropes and miserable this year ..

the staff all seem to be at the end of their ropes and miserable this year ..

As a contrast, after finshing my bevi I wandered up Avd/ Isoidoro M/bich and had a 7.50e menu del dia at the little Chinese restaurant at the top (Pay-pay) - was smiled at, and spoken to politley, food was no worse than the majority of Spain based Chinese restaurants I've been to and I was left with a bottle of Frigola on the table afterwards to help myself to a few chupitos if I'd wanted some.

You can't even cross the beach in front of mambo without purchasing a drink. Even if the pathway in front of mambo is rammed (which it was when we tried to cut across the beach), and you want to use the beach to get around that, you have to purchase a drink at mambo, else the bouncer will stop you.

Very disappointing.

They tried to stop me walking in front with a beer. Just laugh at them and carry on walking. Just say "When Mambo purchases the rocks I will walk round. For now I am walking this way"

Sometimes my 'do not mess with me attitude face' clearly must have its advantages :lol: esp seeing i didnt get pestered 8)

You can't even cross the beach in front of mambo without purchasing a drink. Even if the pathway in front of mambo is rammed (which it was when we tried to cut across the beach), and you want to use the beach to get around that, you have to purchase a drink at mambo, else the bouncer will stop you.

Very disappointing.

:twisted: Really effing angry about this! Who the hell do they think they are? I actually think I will give Mambos a miss this year in mu 11 times on the island I always go there for food and drinks, it;s not like I don't pay my way. Effing Bee's!

I left a message on their facebook wall last night asking how long they have owned the beach in front of the bar and it was deleted :rolleyes:
I have left another one today a bit more stronger worded so no doubt that will be deleted to, I will keep writing on it so people know what a bunch of nobs they have turned into and hopefully the sensible with bypass em for a different bar on there :lol:

I left a message on their facebook wall last night asking how long they have owned the beach in front of the bar and it was deleted :rolleyes:
I have left another one today a bit more stronger worded so no doubt that will be deleted to, I will keep writing on it so people know what a bunch of nobs they have turned into and hopefully the sensible with bypass em for a different bar on there :lol:

hehehehe like your style :lol:

Nice one. We should all do this! Had the same issue last week, but knew that all beaches are public property so just laughed in the munchkin's face and walked on to the rocks.

I agree let's bombard em till they tone it down a touch. I was looking forward to taking the mrs there on sat night for her first sun set but they can shove it now I'm not giving my money to such people who think they can treat people like this.

When it is sorted and as it always was I'll take full credit tar 8)
To be fair it turns out it's not the managements admin that run the Facebook page(yeah right) but as long as people keep making it known it will spread the word and they won't like that at all being the most super hip coolest bar on the strip :rolleyes:

Yeah I added my 2p. It's a joke to be honest. I don't know why they can't just let people enjoy the sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back