guru josh

one of the builders at my flats had the radio on and it was blasting the tune out all day

it was bad enough in 1990 but to be subjected to it AGAIN 18 YEARS LATER was a bit of a shock

I still have the 12" from 1990.

Liked it back then and let's face it, there's been a lot worse remixes of older tunes.

If it weren't in the charts would it still get such a slating?

Mullet,skimpy facial hair & faux sax,what's not to like?
Look's like the guy is still making a crust, so good luck to him...:twisted:

Quote "Look's like the guy is still making a crust,"

And a little quiz for you all, Any one know where he live`s now and what he does other than music for a living ?

Have a good one
Tim

I am no chav & to be fair, i heard this tune in Ibiza mid July, never heard it before & loved it - Although i'm sure the version i was hearing had no cheesy vocals in it?

I think that when something hits the charts, a lot of people automatically hate it as they feel people who normally wouldn't listen to this genre of music are not allowed to enjoy it!

You get this with all types of music, if something appeals to the masses then the hardcore following automatically hate it.

This annoys me!

I am no chav & to be fair, i heard this tune in Ibiza mid July, never heard it before & loved it.
Although i'm sure the version i was hearing had no cheesy vocals in it.

I think that when something hits the charts, a lot of people automaticly hate it as they feel people who normally wouldn't listen to this genre of music are not allowed to enjoy it!

You get this with all types of music, if something appeals to the masses

Snap, I am too young to rememeber it 18 years ago (I was listening to Kylie and New Kids on the Block then) and it was the first time I heard it in ibiza this year, I like the non-vocal version, the vocal ones a bit cheesy, call me a chav if you like... or just someone who likes a whole variety of music and nothings too "un-cool" for me :)

What annoys me is the lack of originality from producers these days who feel the need to dig out old peices of music from back in the day and ruin it :spank:

but this is nothing new,
people have been sampling / re-mixing music in all genres for yrs & will continue to do so. some of it is much better than the original, some not so great.

Jayz & beetles mixed together by DJ mighty Mouse, old music re-mixes..Genius

At the end of the day no one forces anyone to listen to anything.

I am no chav & to be fair, i heard this tune in Ibiza mid July, never heard it before & loved it.
Although i'm sure the version i was hearing had no cheesy vocals in it.

I think that when something hits the charts, a lot of people automaticly hate it as they feel people who normally wouldn't listen to this genre of music are not allowed to enjoy it!

You get this with all types of music, if something appeals to the masses

Me too... I heard it on bora bora with out the vocals and thought it was banging.

How many times has this happened before. I mean, you go to Ibiza and hear some great tunes but when you come back, how many of them are released into the charts with added vocals?

Examples that spring to mind are put your hands up for detroit (fedde), changes (chris lake), tell me why (supermode).

J

Back