guru josh

Me too... I heard it on bora bora with out the vocals and thought it was banging.

How many times has this happened before. I mean, you go to Ibiza and hear some great tunes but when you come back, how many of them are released into the charts with added vocals?

Examples that spring to mind are put your hands up for detroit (fedde), changes (chris lake), tell me why (supermode).

J

I think the producers do it to appeal to the masses that buy CD's, fairplay to them, they are out to make money & if this is what they have to do to make it then u can't blame them.....the way i see it, all the people listening to the cheesy version on the radio prob do not have the same memories we have to accompany the tune..

Don't care what anyone says, it is a decent tune!

I think the producers do it to appeal to the masses that buy CD's, fairplay to them, they are out to make money & if this is what they have to do to make it then u can't blame them.....the way i see it, all the people listening to the cheesy version on the radio prob do not have the same memories we have to accompany the tune..

Don't care what anyone says, it is a decent tune!

True, if I was a producer I think id def be more concerned with releasing it into the charts and making more money than not and keeping the tune underground... call me shallow.

J

The sax is real, a bloke I know Dominique de Larrard (Top sax player and Ibiza resident - plays at Teatro P etc)) is working with GJ at the moment, I suppose for performances, etc.

"Are you a Yankee? No, I'm a Londoner!"

Rough like a ninja stinnging like bee... Rebel MC

WHAT!!!

Now thats over 20 years old, and cheesier than a dutchmans underwear... and that "call me Rebel" guy - what a numpty - but got a lot of knees bending at a time when it was that, or, monging about on acid with a pair of round purple tinted shades on... oooh dear yes.. me.. oh.... erm...

If its getting real musicians playing in clubs with DJ's and adding to the atmo Im for it.

It`s a radio edit, around 3 min`s and has to fit into the station`s criteria to get on the playlist, eg, has to appeal to the majority of listening audience, I agree 100% they are rarely the best mix, But they are basically an advert. short and sweet.
Have a good one
Tim ( who sadly remembers the original and vaguely remember`s it being played here then )

The sax is real, a bloke I know Dominique de Larrard (Top sax player and Ibiza resident - plays at Teatro P etc)) is working with GJ at the moment, I suppose for performances, etc.
Ok, long time since I heard this tune.I always assumed it was a synth,or a sample at the very least,kinda static.
Vaguely recall jokey,mimey type tv performance.
Anyway, I bow to your superior saxology...:)

Yeah know what you mean like the 'destination calabria' riff, sax breaks can work so well though when played pure improv. a la Laura Folwes of Hed Kandi, Natasha Marechenko, up and coming Louise Batey etc. A good percussionist and saxophonista mixes is 'the heart of jazz' and IMO should be in every club in the world. If you go to a HK night and its DJ's only its just a disco night with artwork, tolerated until about 3.30, but with Pav and Laura playing -- its an event and you want to stay to the end.

I'll be annoying the ears of innocent bystanders on Ibiza next summer.

"Are you a Yankee? No, I'm a Londoner!"

WHAT!!!

Now thats over 20 years old, and cheesier than a dutchmans underwear....

So cheesy in fact you got it wrong. The actual line is...

IS HE a yankee? No I'm a londoner... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Loved Street Tuff when it first came out and could probably recite the whole thing now if I heard it again

Guru Josh was a ****ing great track when it was released, 18 years ago.

18 years ago?? My god.

I'm not sure why it seems that all the great anthems and not so great anthems of the 90's are now remixed and re-released on a constant loop. Usually for the worse.

I thought Inner City had a ****ing meal ticket with "Good Life", the lazy bast ards. They flogged that track to death, even though it was a great track. :lol:

But if people want 'em, let people have 'em. When the Sugababes release the Boots theme tune as a hit record, we are all in trouble.

i have no idea what this song is :confused:

i am so out of date with the charts, although i did hear girls aloud were number one last week :eek:

I liked a lot of hiphouse monie love, beatmasters, mellow man ace, ya kid k, betty boo, silva bullet etc etc there was a lot of interesting records being made in that time and think it's very sad how divided the house and rap communities later became.

King of all floggers has to be New Order - cringe!! that was terrible terrible cr*p the first time it came out in 1983 or whatever and it 'kin haunted my life every 6months ever since, they'd re-release or mix it and then some other ar&ehole would come along re-edit it...and they just wont let it lie!!! If i ever meet those awful c*nts Im gonna do for the lot of them.

Thats it "Blue- oh s&hite not again save my sainted buttocks - Monday" give me some flaming mogadon, i swear that track turned a generation to drugs - acid was essential to get over hearing that rubbish for the 10,000th time.

I really don't like it at all.

Thats it "Blue- oh s&hite not again save my sainted buttocks - Monday" give me some flaming mogadon, i swear that track turned a generation to drugs - acid was essential to get over hearing that rubbish for the 10,000th time.

I really don't like it at all.

Quality track.

Take care mate this is very dangerous territory - they must have you brainwashed from hearing it so flaming monotinoustly often - so in that case I forgive and sympathise. Du du du-d-d-d-d aaaaaaaaggh!!!

Back