Google +

But what do I do with google + ?

My friend asked me to join, then all of a sudden a friend of hers was in my circle (someone I knew but hadn't requested), but then she has other friends (and I know most of them). Do I have to ask them to be in my circle too?

But what do I do with google + ?

My friend asked me to join, then all of a sudden a friend of hers was in my circle (someone I knew but hadn't requested), but then she has other friends (and I know most of them). Do I have to ask them to be in my circle too?

You'll get the hang of it.

Privacy settings are far superior to FB - in the sense that they're not likely to suddently change their terms without telling you!

...and there's generally an option to put a setting on everything - so a lot more granular.

'anyone on the web'
'extended circles'
'your circles'
'only you'
'custom'

In answer to what you do with it...not a lot because no one's there! :lol:

Privacy settings are far superior to FB - in the sense that they're not likely to suddently change their terms without telling you!

...and there's generally an option to put a setting on everything - so a lot more granular.

'anyone on the web'
'extended circles'
'your circles'
'only you'
'custom'

How do you FB friends over? Is there some quick way? I don't want to send a million emails and I don't want to invite everyone.

You can't - unless you put out an announcement with your status (or import all the email addresses so they can contact you that way).

Facebook have blocked all apps that allow you to do a port - funny that.

...and make sure you check the search visibility box (or uncheck in your case Meryl) ;)

'anyone on the web'
'extended circles'
'your circles'
'only you'
'custom'

Ok I'll try! I notice all my techy friends are on there, already have quite big circles, friends, updates, posts... they're well into it already.

Do you think it's just another bandwagon-jumping?

Do you think it's just another bandwagon-jumping?

Yes...but every time wasting fad on the web is a bandwagon ain't it?

If you're asking whether this will die a death soon - no, I'm pretty sure this is going to overtake Facebook eventually.

But as with every social networking splurge, I'll give this a shelf life of 5-6 years max.

Yes...but every time wasting fad on the web is a bandwagon ain't it?

If you're asking whether this will die a death soon - no, I'm pretty sure this is going to overtake Facebook eventually.

But as with every social networking splurge, I'll give this a shelf life of 5-6 years max.

Yes, you're right!

I've got my pic up... so I'll probably be checking it all the time now.

So, I have to just invite friends and wait now? What else? I want to take full advantage of this! : )

:lol:

How much are they paying you, Rob? :lol:

That's not true at all. Google forces you to have a publicly-searchable profile. Facebook does not. How is that "far superior"?!

:lol:

How much are they paying you, Rob? :lol:

That's not true at all. Google forces you to have a publicly-searchable profile. Facebook does not. How is that "far superior"?!

There's a search visibility option.

...I work in web so I kinda have to be interested.

So when I'm not hugging trees I'm going to be living a double/triple/quadruple life. Possibly more if I can think of any more circles. :lol:

Create a slut circle and invite me in so I can get all your shady gossip of course! :lol:

Isn't the compartmentalising bit the reason why everyone's there?

No? Oh. :oops:

I like that! Can we even create our own circles?

I like the "following" circle... maybe I should just call it the stalking circle!

one more question...

So if I search for someone, I can just drag them into one of my circles? And same goes for people who look for me.. they can just add me to one of their circles without me saying yes or no? I can be in random circles or people I don't know?

I feel like I'm going in circles... the more I say it, the more I like it, circle circle circle!

Back