Glasto

I see Solomun has posted his tour dates for the next few months on Facebook. It includes him playing Glasto on the 23rd June. Any idea which stage?
Apparently on an early version of the Shangri-la poster.

Can't hide my excite for the festival, too much going on if you like dance music and to party 😅

Just over a month to go. 3 years of waiting building to a serious Somerset crescendo. I went down there for a wander a week ago, I love it even when empty

I just hope there's better signal than 2019... not having internet for three days were a pain when I lost people :lol:

0A65CD93-C4D2-45C9-9BDB-128158EF4273.thumb.jpeg.644a011047f36a6d323770dda9eb0bf9.jpeg
Only k ow a few names illl be honest. Blurb says
"Fifteen years since the launch of the NYC Downlow, creative duo Block9 return to their spiritual home in Somerset with two spectacular fields – Block9 East and Block9 West – with invited guests including TODD EDWARDS, HONEY DIJON, FLOORPLAN, JUSTIN STRAUSS, STEFFI, LSDXOXO and a collaboration with NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL

Block9 West sees the most highly anticipated comeback of 2022 with queer nightlife institution NYC DOWNLOW plus its backroom counterpart MEAT RACK. And for one year only, GENOSYS SOUND SYSTEM pays respect to the legacy of free parties, DIY rave counterculture and music as a form of political protest, 30 years after the infamous Castlemorton.

Next door, Block9 East hosts IICON – the epic monument to our digital, post-truth age, and a brand new collaboration with NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL.

Are you ready?"

Could be a festival in itself…can’t wait! Surely not far now from the whole thing with all the timings as need to start planning clashes!?

Looks like Nina Kraviz has been dropped from the festival, and Nastia has been added.

well played Emily 👍

if I was going, musicwise I would spend most of the time at Block 9 - Steffi, Felix, Justin Strauss, Placid always play such brilliant records I've never heard before.

and I'd have to check out Macca of course, although I guess he'd be a dot in the distance. Probably his last hurrah before he finally bows out.

Dance line-up looking healthy. Sasha, Digweed, Four Tet, Honey Dijon, Joy Orbison Craig Richards, Greg Wilson, Solomun, Floorplan to name a few!

Looks like Nina Kraviz has been dropped from the festival, and Nastia has been added.
Shocking decision. Getting added to a lineup because your country is getting bombed(or getting removed cos your country is acting up). No one wanted to know about nastia as shes a very average DJ before the war.

Disgraceful. Same with russian tennis players getting banned from Wimbledon.

I should clarify, when I said 'added', Nastia might well have been booked play Glasto since ages ago, and/or it might have nothing to do with the situation in Ukraine, I just meant I learnt that she is on the line-up with the full announcement today

Shocking decision. Getting added to a lineup because your country is getting bombed(or getting removed cos your country is acting up). No one wanted to know about nastia as shes a very average DJ before the war.

Disgraceful. Same with russian tennis players getting banned from Wimbledon.
Chatting with an ex colleague who works down on the farm, helping with the programming across the late night areas last night- Nina decided against playing Arcadia herself in the end and Nastia was booked for the Common in Nov last year

I think it was wrong of them to invite her in the first place, knowing full well she is pro-Putin (search google.. it's all there). hardly consistent with Glastonbury's famously hippy, humanist ethos

the point is the game's changed from 10-15 years ago. you can't separate the 'artist' from the politics anymore, not after #MeToo Ten Walls and all the other shit of recent years. Some legit and some exaggerated. So on that basis we have to be consistent here. Either nobody has any baggage or all baggage counts. Now evidently Ibiza is more selective about this and tries to ignore politics, real life and anything outside Ibiza as much as possible which is why she and all the plague ravers and Lawler a known thug and Rampling a far right nutjob and Hannah Wants a known antivax loon and all the other divs got invited back and it's why Morillo was indulged for so long - because there is always money to be made out of these certified c*nts, whereas Glastonbury isn't about the money and never was. It ain't cheap but neither is creating a 96 hour 170000 city in a field

if it was up to me personally clubbing would always be about total escapism, leaving everything at the door, ensuring everyone is respectful inside, in my ideal world I wouldn't even know what djs were called or looked like and the music would be beautiful and everyone would hold hands and hand Es out like sweets but it ain't like that anymore, if it ever was? money talks and so do hashtags. With social media DJs turned themselves into brands and PR machines. well if you're suddenly Mr/Ms conscientious, then you gotta take the rough with the smooth.

Nina decided against playing Arcadia herself in the end and Nastia was booked for the Common in Nov last year

The line up was updated today and she’s on it….

Rumour is the TBA is the Chems DJ set. Absolutely cant wait to get back on that farm!!!

Attachments

• FD7E1B0D-ED1B-4C66-9523-44F73BC55475.jpeg
    FD7E1B0D-ED1B-4C66-9523-44F73BC55475.jpeg
    642.8 KB · Views: 13
Back