Glasto

I’m in. No idea how one of our group managed it because yet again the experience was awful, but I’m in. He got through to booking twice then crashed out before third time lucky. 2.4 million people registered according to Emily Eavis on Twitter. Crazy.

Another year of getting nowhere, different computers on different connections and phone...but my friend got ours?

Frustrating as ‘we’ got through to the payment page twice for our other group and it kept failing. @freakstar id check your email for outside chance because some people have been getting confirmation of payment through in same situation

The guilt is ebbing away and I’m starting to get excited ?

One thing I will say. What a terrible system seetickets operate.

I think the basic framework of the process is as fair as its going to get given the demand but yes the system is painful and does seem unstable when it comes to getting through the "queue" to the actual booking screen. Ive heard and read a number of people who got that far, entered all details inluding payment info and the page crashed after hitting proceed. Same with us, but luckily we got through again somehow. Extremely lucky. Emily Eavis was getting some ridiculous abuse on Twitter yesterday from people who werent so lucky. The registration scheme has completley wiped out the touts though, they've done an amazing job with that.

Yeah its a thankless task! Always going to be 2 million+ trying for 230k tickets! Not long until they start doing a ballot I reckon...or could they do a Coachella and do 2 weekends?

Ballot would be a bad idea on a few fronts, importantly it would decrease your/my chance of getting a ticket. It would also encourage more people to register who maybe aren’t bothered about getting up at 9am on a Sunday morning.

From Glastonbury’s perspective why would they change it, they sell out in minutes without releasing one name of the line up.

It’s the fairest system (for the money they can realistically spend for a once a year event) and I say that as someone who’s missed out in the past. We’ve been booted off the payment page last two years too. It’s frustrating but fair

135,000 tickets available. Up to 2,400,000 people want to buy them. Pain is inevitable. I was one of the 2,265,000 last year. But always rest assured there are good people behind the festival who have nothing but the greatest of intentions. Something everyone on here clearly respects. However some of the abuse I witnessed yesterday from disgruntled ticketless twats on social media was pathetic and I’m delighted they won’t get near the place next summer.

So a queue system should be easy to manage in a tech-scalable world. There's a reason the likes of Google Cloud, Microsoft's Azure and Amazon's Web Services exist. At the very least to keep the payments system stable. We had it where the payments page locked up, but then went through 5 minutes later.

My entirely group (Thankfully) got tickets, but another group of mates who were trying (15 of them) didn't get any which was a shame.

Back