Glasto

A few observations:
I never cease to be amazed at how many creative, hard to find little venues there are which when you do get to them are already full of people partying. Coming back from the SE Corner one night through the Healing Fields (I think) we stumbled across the Magic Teapot, a little hut full of revellers singing Tainted Love whilst someone led on the piano. Glastonbury is a huge canvas that lots of artists are allowed to paint their little bit of and it makes for many surprises.

Littering. Bins everywhere yet still some can’t be bothered to walk a few feet to use them. I’m not talking about those squashed at the front of the Pyramid Stage where it’s not so easy. The volunteers picking it up are quite sanguine about it though except for wet wipes which they hate and those little plastic shot glasses which shatter into tiny shards that are sold by enterprising folk unsanctioned by the festival.

Middle class and middle aged? Often an accusation lazily thrown at Glastonbury but either by the envious or the ignorant. There’s certainly elements of that in the gentler areas but spend an hour or so in the Spaceport in the Glade area to see how rough and tumble a Glastonbury crowd can be. There’s all sorts at the festival, part of what makes it special.

The variety of fun on offer is difficult to fathom. I imagine there’s plenty of people who went last week and spent their time doing tango lessons (which I also dabbled in), listening to poety, seeking out favourite comedians, going to woodcraft workshops, going to one of the cinemas, looking after their children in one of the vast kids areas. I’ve met people who have never even heard of Arcadia, what the hell did they think had been shooting all that fire into the sky every night?!
Good review, like you a welled-up before David Attenborough even began to speak! In fact it’s a good job that it’s been over a week before reading this review or I’d probably be in tears again!!

When we had a look at IICON It blew me away thinking someone or some-two had dreamed up this concept, sketched it and then persuaded the people with funds to release the cash to build it. I stood there in awe, watching the visual as much as I danced in front of it to be honest!

Hopefully the ticket gods smile on us again this year

Same here. How you get something that through all the different stages and decision-makers whilst sticking to what is a bonkers idea is very impressive.

That stage was impressive.. we have festival her in to week Arcadia add Josh Will be to the bill on there thingy...

I’ve got a 25 team on my finance floor on Sunday doing it for me (like vironica salt from Charlie and the chocolate factory ‘get one and you’ll get a weeks salary’ etc)
Wow. Fingers crossed for you. We did a massive group thing last year and still didn't get a ticket. I'm still un sure if I should try again this year. I get so disappointed that I literally can't put myself through it, sad I know.

Wow. Fingers crossed for you. We did a massive group thing last year and still didn't get a ticket. I'm still un sure if I should try again this year. I get so disappointed that I literally can't put myself through it, sad I know.
Yea...well last year we paid VIP and that was the only way. I think it’s all fixed - how di people that say they’ve been every year get tickets????

Yea...well last year we paid VIP and that was the only way. I think it’s all fixed - how di people that say they’ve been every year get tickets????
Exactly there must be some algorithms attached to the IP address or its postcode related....I'm on the no list obviously! I have tried for the past 4 years. Not been since 2003. Seriously though, I'd like to know how people get them as well. I know people who have been 6/7 years running??

Last edited:
Exactly there must be some algorithms attached to the IP address or its postcode related....I'm on the no list obviously! I have tried for the past 4 years. Not been since 2003. Seriously though, I'd like to know how people get them as well. I know people who have been 6/7 years running??
It cost me 3k each last year - first time and we said it’ll be one thing we would do...although loved it so much that were back

I’ve been to 3 of the last 4 and not seen a booking page myself ?

Before they closed the ‘back button’ loop hole last year, friends who organise one of the big group (70+) hadn’t failed for years. Last year their group suffered...they still got them ?

perhaps they found out you climbed the fence in the 90s :spank:

Back