Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

How close are we now to Spain dropping all covid checks? Also - are they still insisting on masks on buses/taxis?
Ive been twice this year, once as a group of 7, once as a couple. Not once has any of us had covid docs checked. Buses you need a mask to get on currently but then no one wears them once sat down.

How close are we now to Spain dropping all covid checks? Also - are they still insisting on masks on buses/taxis?

In Valencia this week: no checks of Vaccine passes at all, most wearing masks on the Underground, got told off for not wearing one by an elderly Taxi driver and had to buy one then at the airport bafflingly nobody wearing them at all.

Provided no new bad strain pops up it'll surely be all rules off next season. At the very least Spain will need to reconsider its rules on 'booster' jabs because as a <50year old healthy Brit I can't have a 4th jab.

50year old healthy Brit I can't have a 4th jab
There won't be any "bad strains." As ahealthy Brit you didn't need the 1st, 2nd or third jab. Spain will drop these pathetic restrictions by next summer (its not hard to get in anyway, just bollocks), even Thailands junta has moved on from this idiocy.

*Everyone is going to freeze to death instead, well in northern Europe anyway. lol

I know Ibiza has been busy, but it would be interesting to know how the rest of Spains tourism industry got on, with foriegn visiters? I know loads of people who didn't go to spain this year. People who were jabbed, but didn't want their kids jabbed. They went to Turkey or portugal instead.

Last edited:
In Valencia this week: no checks of Vaccine passes at all, most wearing masks on the Underground, got told off for not wearing one by an elderly Taxi driver and had to buy one then at the airport bafflingly nobody wearing them at all.

Provided no new bad strain pops up it'll surely be all rules off next season. At the very least Spain will need to reconsider its rules on 'booster' jabs because as a <50year old healthy Brit I can't have a 4th jab.
You should be eligible for that soon. 64 and had mine in Sept, so it's working round!

An Oslo-based airliner called Flyr are now cutting their costs by 50 % this winter. Lots of employees will lose their jobs, and lots of flights will be cancelled. This is a relatively new company that leased their planes after the fall in prices due to Covid. In other words they got into the market (leased their planes) at the right time. Unlike their older competitors like SAS and Norwegian, they have low costs and should be making money.

But there's been an unexpected drop in ticket sales to their main destinations (Spain and other southern Europe destinations) this winter. Even in Norway people are cutting back on holidays to southern Europe.

I checked hotel prices in Ibiza for mid May. They are still about 40-50 % higher than the year before Covid. I have a feeling there'll be a lot of empty hotel rooms next spring.

Another tweek in leavin from the airport; just before security UK/Irleland passports go down a seperate lane at which point they are either simply looked at (IRL) or stamped (UK). they are not scanned, so although mine was stamped in and out, if there's an electronic record then I haven't left yet!

All rather beureaucratic and pointless. But, of course, zero covid protocols, and no masks required anywhere other than the bus. Anyhow, thanks to the rail strike and Manchester being at a standstill (the city, not the airport) finally arrived home 12 hours after leaving my hotel reception.

Never again...oops, back next June then! Might alter the itinery so I leave Formentera a day early and have one night in Ibiza juts to break the journey up and cover if there's bad weather and the ferries aren't running (it does happen).

I checked hotel prices in Ibiza for mid May. They are still about 40-50 % higher than the year before Covid. I have a feeling there'll be a lot of empty hotel rooms next spring.
Think there will be a lot of us doing regular checks to see it they fall. Later this month I'll be looking for June but if the prices are silly simply won't bother - although it's a balancing act of grabbing a very cheap flight but expensive hotel, or hotels come down but flights go up.

One worry is locking into a relatively expensive deal now but then Ukraine improves, prices of commodities fall and we've paid a lot more than we should have. To be fair a solution to Ukraine looks further away now than ever.

All covid restrictions end from the 21st Oct on entry to Spain. At last!

Not all good news, masks still to be worn on buses etc.

Last edited:
Good news for UK travellers, UK airport trials of new hand luggage scanners have been sucessful so aiming to roll them out everywhere by 2024 and that means the end to liquids being below 100ml and having to take them out the bag. So speeds the queue up.

WHSmith probs filling for bankrupcy now their days of selling Water at Ibiza club prices will be over :)

Good news for UK travellers, UK airport trials of new hand luggage scanners have been sucessful so aiming to roll them out everywhere by 2024 and that means the end to liquids being below 100ml and having to take them out the bag. So speeds the queue up.

WHSmith probs filling for bankrupcy now their days of selling Water at Ibiza club prices will be over :)
Yea ive just heard that on free radio..something about 3d scanners..

Seen someone’s chartered a flight from Liverpool to Ibiza for new years

Attachments

• 8E58B24F-9038-4978-9C66-E6EAF8C0D852.jpeg
    8E58B24F-9038-4978-9C66-E6EAF8C0D852.jpeg
    339.2 KB · Views: 29
Back