Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

I’m undecided whether to boost or not? I’ve been totally against it so far.
Totally have it, it will have been tweaked to protect against the latest variants.

But it's an individual's choice, my No1 reason is if I fall ill with covid anywhere abroad, I shouldn't be ill enough for it to land me in hospital, with having to book new flights etc. Also, I don't want to be ill anyways! Even though I could do with a week in bed getting rid of 2" along my waist. Grrr.

We’re considering coming for the summer half term week which is 29th May to the 5th June. I guess the weather should be a bit more bearable than late July but what’s it like generally at that time? Or is it all up in the air due to the early start this year?

We’re considering coming for the summer half term week which is 29th May to the 5th June. I guess the weather should be a bit more bearable than late July but what’s it like generally at that time? Or is it all up in the air due to the early start this year?
It's been busy around that time for opening in the last (maybe the week before) then slightly quieter at the start of June but we've been 2 or 3 times early June and although not all the main nights are running, still had decent enough weather and lots of fun.

It's been busy around that time for opening in the last (maybe the week before) then slightly quieter at the start of June but we've been 2 or 3 times early June and although not all the main nights are running, still had decent enough weather and lots of fun.
Good to know. We’re thinking with it being cooler we might get out and about more. Not so bothered about the big clubs but definitely would have to have a bit of Pikes. Even a day and a night.

So restrictions for third countries (that's the UK now of course) continue until at least November 15th?

The Spanish government has extended Covid requirements for Britons travelling to the Balearics and elsewhere in Spain until November 15 and this will included the October half-term holidays. Spain relaxed entry rules for third-country nationals in May when it lifted its ban on unvaccinated arrivals.

But, for Britons travelling to the Balearics you must still show valid proof of one of the following on entry:
Being fully vaccinated
. Your vaccination status must meet the Spanish authorities’ validity period requirements.
A negative COVID-19 test: either a PCR taken within 72 hours prior to departure, or an antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to departure.
Having recovered from COVID-19 in the last six months. You can use a medical certificate or recovery record to prove your COVID-19 status on entry to Spain.

8B6AC023-64BC-4306-A0AD-36F19ADC9E83.jpeg

This is a bit confusing. Can I take my confirmation letter from a pcr test that I did which states I had covid on the date I tested? I have no recovery certificate and we have stopped testing so it doesn’t upload on your nhs pass.

Looked at doing a 24 hour anti-gen test but we are staying at a hotel the night before our flight so no guarantee I will receive the certificate in time.

I’m unsure how to travel to Ibiza from North West England.

What would spotlighters recommend; walk, cycle, car…..?

View attachment 14794

This is a bit confusing. Can I take my confirmation letter from a pcr test that I did which states I had covid on the date I tested? I have no recovery certificate and we have stopped testing so it doesn’t upload on your nhs pass.

Looked at doing a 24 hour anti-gen test but we are staying at a hotel the night before our flight so no guarantee I will receive the certificate in time.
if its an official confirmation its fine.

antigen tests are easy wherever you are, you get emailed the pass.

Last warning. Enough
the reply is on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
the reply is on topic.
Nope. You're the only person I've had to warn. That was strike three - and in a short space of time. Everyone else here is over it and if they aren't, then I guess there's plenty of dark places on the web for you to indulge in that tittle tattle. Spotlight forums is not one of them

I dont want to have to remind you again and neither do any other mods

I’m unsure how to travel to Ibiza from North West England.

What would spotlighters recommend; walk, cycle, car…..?
Well I'm guessing many "Spotlighters" are in favour of free movement, unless of course .... ?

I would still fly, driving could be fun though, with this playing?

We have big plans to drive at some point. We’re in the process of buying an Opus folding caravan ( like a trailer tent but better ). We get the ferry to St.Malo, and then drive to my mother in law ( stopping at a few sites on the way ) in Beziers which is close to Montpelier. Stay for a few days. Then drive down the coast. Barcelona is a couple of hours drive. Keep driving down and catch the ferry from a place I can’t remember. Stay for a week on a campsite and then do the journey in reverse. Reckon a three week holiday/adventure should be enough. But it will probably be 2024. That’s the plan anyway.

We have big plans to drive at some point. We’re in the process of buying an Opus folding caravan ( like a trailer tent but better ). We get the ferry to St.Malo, and then drive to my mother in law ( stopping at a few sites on the way ) in Beziers which is close to Montpelier. Stay for a few days. Then drive down the coast. Barcelona is a couple of hours drive. Keep driving down and catch the ferry from a place I can’t remember. Stay for a week on a campsite and then do the journey in reverse. Reckon a three week holiday/adventure should be enough. But it will probably be 2024. That’s the plan anyway.
I would love to drive through Europe but the thought of breaking down puts me off. Yes we have apps. Yes we have breakdown recovery. Yes we have insurance and gawdammit the roadside engineers probably speak english better than the lot of us. So why don't I do it??

To be fair I do like travelling around by train and letting someone else drive, and if the train breaks down they can deal with it!!

Edit - always fancied one of these... https://sites.create-cdn.net/siteimages/32/5/6/325619/15/5/9/15593474/2000x2000.JPG?1498739697 thinking is the pop-up roof for playing tents??

Back