Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

This is interesting news. Strangely no mention of vaccination passports.

Does this include the Balerics? The lack of official info on this is hugely frustrating!

My town, Bolton, is in the news due to spiralling covid case rates. My worry is that we will be dumped under special measures...lockdown...yet again, so I'm now doubly glad I haven't booked.

My thinking now is that - other than the holiday in October held over - I've given up all hope of travel this year as I don't want to be mithered with all these tests, queues, wondering if I'll need to quarantine over there if I get covid even when jabbed. So looks like 2022 before all this is removed, by then we'll need to complete the ETIAS but that should be nothing compared to "where do I get my test..what do I need to do..."

Does anyone think at any stage this year the need for testing will be dropped?

Interesting that the Netherlands separates the Balearics from Spain in it's list of "safe" countries; https://www.government.nl/topics/co...erlands-from-abroad/eu-list-of-safe-countries - the UK do no such thing as it stands.

Yeah noticed that too.

The way things are looking now...I might keep my June tickets and reservation after all.
Just bought September tickets too and arranged a place to stay. So June for the sunshine, food and seated events....and September hopefully for events.

I wonder if Spain will allow UK passport holders with UAE residency entry when they say they’re opening up to Global Travellers in June? I’m booked to fly from Dubai 3rd June so keeping everything crossed!

I wonder if Spain will allow UK passport holders with UAE residency entry when they say they’re opening up to Global Travellers in June? I’m booked to fly from Dubai 3rd June so keeping everything crossed!

Matt and I flew via Amsterdam on our UK passports last June from Dubai, when technically they were only letting in people from Europe.
At that stage, I honestly think they just looked at where the passport was from rather than the origin flight. Definitely keep me updated on this as we have a lot of Dubai friends wanting to come over.

International travel on the agenda for today’s meeting of the Northern Ireland executive. Can’t see them shifting from the England list announced last week or any future lists. It’ll more be about the timings and review schedules that will impact. Mid July fortnight a huge holiday / getaway time here, so I wonder will they try and hold off turning the big players green like Spain, France, Italy etc until after that to avoid a surge of travel over a confined period. That might be a push too far for the two Belfast airports who have been lobbying / crying out for guidance and movement. Plus there are cross border travel implications to consider.

Matt and I flew via Amsterdam on our UK passports last June from Dubai, when technically they were only letting in people from Europe.
At that stage, I honestly think they just looked at where the passport was from rather than the origin flight. Definitely keep me updated on this as we have a lot of Dubai friends wanting to come over.
Interestingly I also flew to Ibiza with my husband last September from Dubai (via Barcelona) - there was some weirdness from the Emirates staff as we were boarding as they weren’t quite sure we were allowed (but it clearly said EU citizens could enter!)
I think we got lucky as they were looking at passport rather than origin when we arrived in Spain like you mentioned. We did state our origin on the SpTH app though. This year it seems trickier thanks to Brexit mainly! We are waiting for the announcements from Spain on 3rd country tourism next week and we are hoping that they are open for everyone provided there’s been no presence / transiting through red list countries in the past 14 days like Brazil, India etc. Fingers crossed! Will keep you updated..

184760105_10160885760914908_4135318765192228909_n.jpg

So for 24 hours Portugal was off-limits, and now back on? Hmmmph.

Meanwhile I've been booking a flight Manchester to London and in the middle of booking got a full page of "Coronavirus do's and dont's, explaining the tests I have to take, when, how, how long to quarantine etc etc....."

It's a frigging domestic trip ff's and just like catching a bus. Yes I will wear a mask and won't shag the steward but take the international regs down for domestic travel, BA....

I don't know if I can ask this question here, but is there any idea of whether a face mask will still have to be worn on the street around the end of June? I know that this rule is still in force in the Balearic Islands atm .. hopefully this rule will be removed a.s.a.p. 😅 not looking forward to wear a mask on the street at 30 degrees in the burning sun ☀️

I don't know if I can ask this question here, but is there any idea of whether a face mask will still have to be worn on the street around the end of June? I know that this rule is still in force in the Balearic Islands atm .. hopefully this rule will be removed a.s.a.p. 😅 not looking forward to wear a mask on the street at 30 degrees in the burning sun ☀️
Get me the lotto #s while you're at it

my gut feeling says yes. maybe/hopefully later this year they will cancel this rule, but end of june is only a few weeks away.

I would love to be proven wrong though!

It’s not the nicest but you get used to it fairly quickly. Just strategically park your car close to the bar you are going too - limit the time the mask is on!

Back