getting fit for ibiza, how is it done girlies!help needed!

hihi well hun´we were only kidding....
it´s hard ya´know - you feel like stuffing yourself and then you pay the price afterwards . oh dear!

Cut down on carbohydrates, wine (that's always the hardest for me :rolleyes: ), eat lots of fruit and veg and do lots of walking (and dancing at a wkend :p ) - works for me :D

Ibiza-girlie said:
hihi well hun´we were only kidding....
it´s hard ya´know - you feel like stuffing yourself and then you pay the price afterwards . oh dear!

I know the prise of looking good. I am trying to loose some weight and get fit too. Still have 3 weeks :)

ill take you up on the dancing, but the wine!?
I can totally live without vodka, booze etc. - carbs is gonna be the hard one as i love my pastadishes! hihi.......

maybe i schould start doing kickboxing or something?

Ibiza-girlie said:
ill take you up on the dancing, but the wine!?
I can totally live without vodka, booze etc. - carbs is gonna be the hard one as i love my pastadishes! hihi.......

maybe i schould start doing kickboxing or something?

Yeah wine is the killer to cut out, but these last few wks I haven't been drinking much in the wk (take today just had 2 diet cokes in the pub) but still drinking wine at wkend.

yeah i never drink on a every day basis, occationally a glass of red in the middle of the week (! only) if we have company....staying clear of soda as well (too much sugar) - but every 2nd weekend i enjoy a bottle of sparkling white! yummy

Carbs are my downfall. I love my comfort food. Pasta, bread , potatoes, rice, I couldn’t live without them

me too!! just eating salad wont do me any good, i get tired and grumpy! me wants her fat food - but lets face it: doesnt suit me hihi!

Are fiber-pills any good to give you the feeling of being full?

K said:
Carbs are my downfall. I love my comfort food. Pasta, bread , potatoes, rice, I couldn’t live without them

I don't eat bread, pasta etc in the wk but eat them at wkends. I think moderation is the key. You can't stop eating everything you enjoy so I am always relatively good in the wk and then eat what I want at the wkend.

Barbie said:
K said:

I don't eat bread, pasta etc in the wk but eat them at wkends. I think moderation is the key. You can't stop eating everything you enjoy so I am always relatively good in the wk and then eat what I want at the wkend.

Are you not hungry all the time? What do you eat all week for lunch/tea etc in place of things like bread and potatoes?

K said:
Are you not hungry all the time? What do you eat all week for lunch/tea etc in place of things like bread and potatoes?

Salads, fruit, I'm veggie but I eat fish so loads of fresh salmon, tuna, prawns etc. Plus I drink litres of water a day. I'm not religious about it tho, if me and b/friend go out for dinner in the wk I won't ponce around with salad I'll have the full 3 courses

But then at wkends if I fancy a pizza or chips or whatever I'll have it, I really believe that everything in moderation is fine. My weight is the same now as it was when I was 17/18 so something must be working.

I agree with everything in moderation, a little of what you fancy does you good and all that. I eat pretty healthy most of the time but I couldn’t get through the day without a few carbs, like wholemeal bread and either some pasta, potatoes or rice with my evening meal.

i neeeeeeeed the carbs......and i haaaaaaaaaaaaate exercise. oh dear lord im never gonna make it....hihi - need to pull myself together!

K said:
I agree with everything in moderation, a little of what you fancy does you good and all that. I eat pretty healthy most of the time but I couldn’t get through the day without a few carbs, like wholemeal bread and either some pasta, potatoes or rice with my evening meal.

I spose it's what you're used to, bread used to be my absolute weakness, I don't like chocolate but could easily eat 4 bread rolls instead, but just cut my intake down.

I'd never cut carbs out completely, I know people who have done that and you just get really really tired, run-down etc.

I have been trying to lose weight for my trip to ibiza from last October and, for me, has been very slow and hard. I imagined that i would be my target of 9st by now but still have about 10lb to go :confused: For the month running up to my holiday i will be going to the gym 4 times a week and eating nothing except fruit veg low fat yogurt and cereal with skimmed milk.
The Atkins diet is fantastic for quick weight loss (no more than 20grms of carbs a day for 2 weeks) i lost 6lbs in 2 weeks on this diet.
Also if you really feel stuck, visit a Chinese doctor who may be ble to give you acupuncture and special herbal teas to aid weight loss.
I have never been to ibiza before and was wondering, is everyone as thin and perfect as tv makes them out to be? its really pissing me off as i dont feel a i can enjoy the anticipation of my holiday as i am constantly at the gym in my free time :confused:

There are all shapes and sizes in Ibiza, nobody is going to notice if you are a few pounds overweight, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder anyway and people are having far too much of a good time to worry about the size of people.

Don't let it stress you out and just enjoy it :D

Yeah everyone’s too busy worrying about what they look like in their bikinis themselves to notice anyone else.

Back