getting fit for ibiza, how is it done girlies!help needed!

Try and work them 3 times a week, every other day is ideal cause your muscles need 48 hours to recover properly.

Its hard to say, its not an exact science, there a lot of things that contribute, also it just depends on what state there in at the minute I guess, but do sets of 15-20 reps/crunches if you can manage, make sure you breath out as you crunch and in as you lower back down, SLOWLY, do as many sets as you can, 3 min, 5 is great.

It takes a while to see a big difference, but you should feel firmer afer a couple of weeks, if you keep it up for 5, with a good diet and other exercise, you should notice a fair difference, and feel a lot better as well.

Same with dumbells, every other day, depending on how heavey they are, try and do at least 3 sets of 15 reps, for your shoulders and arms.

Good luck!

Hi ya'll

Just joined the forum (me boss is out so I can take advantage and surf all day :twisted: ) and have been reading this post trying to pick up some tips for my Ibiza tummy which is flat at the top but wobbly once you get past my belly button - WHYYY?!!!

Anyway, I don't think anyone has mentioned Weight Watchers yet. I know that they won't let you join unless you are a certain % overweight but if you could get hold of the books which tell you what points value food has they're a great help.

Basically it works like this:- if you're under 10 stone you're allowed 18 points a day, if you're 10 to 11 stone you get 20 points a day and so on. You can eat whatever you like as long as it doesn't go over your points for the day(for example small glass of wine 1.5 points, most veggies 0 points, one spirit 1 point, diet drinks 0 points) You can save points if you don't use them and you can earn points by going to the gym. It get's you eating loads of veggies as well as they are zero points so that's pretty good!

My 2 friends have gone from just over 10 stone to just over 9 in 2 months (one of them never went to the gym) and I managed to lost the stubborn 3 pounds that I have been trying to lose for a year and it's stayed off!

But to be honest, most girlies on the beach will have cellulite and wobbly bits that they hate anyway so why worry too much about it? I've always found that a few San Miguels with brekkie help that first day nervousness about getting yer kit off by the pool or on the beach!

But not so many as you stumble on the rocks outside Mambo whilst trying to get in the sea - ahem!!!! :oops:

Ooops, just realised I spelt dumbells wrong - how dumb am I :D

Thanks for reply Elrobbie, will give this a go. I know that you can't do much with muscles if you have a big layer of fat on top of them (not that I do) so will combine this with my usual aerobics and swimming.

Thanks very much!!

well there is a lot to do obvisouly. cutting out carbs isnt so hard after all, i did well today for instance! had a plate of veggies, the bread was tossed out....

Top tips Elrobbie, thanks for that.
So if I cut out carbs in the evenings, is it ok to snack on fatty foods like cheese and nuts? I know they are high in protein but will your body burn the fat if you eat them in the evening?

drop the cheese and snacks, eating after 18.00 isnt good as your motabolish slows down then! and if you need a fatty snack have it as early in the day as possible so you can burn off the fat you stored from eating it.......better yet: dont have any...but thats the boring solution!

haven't read the whole of this thread so sorry if this has already been suggested, but i reckon if you've got any spare cash (around £150) you go and get a Universal Contour Wrap - course of 3 and they get rid of toxins in your body - plus you lose inches from your 'problem areas'...

plus: eat well, exercise well, sleep well and drink evian by the case load.

Back